R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-19-2008, 09:32 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anomoly, your contact info is off. PM me your email address if you don't mind.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:08 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I hate the hubs on xxxt cr as well I decided to get rid of them and went the mf2 hubs and drive shafts haven't had any problems since the change and the hubs only cost 3.50 not 50 bucks.some more food for thought.
www.liverc.com
bill941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:07 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to chewiefttc4 Send a message via Yahoo to chewiefttc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomaly View Post
I do realize (some of ) my frustrations are just from not being dialed in yet. I'm not going to be selling the xxx-t cr, I'll do whatever I have to in order to get it where I need it but I'm just way disappointed in the difference in today's Losi (company) vs what I had dealt with in the past..
had the mf had the mf2 sold them to go back to associated..

t4/b4 box stock setups.. work great on all surfaces.. the main thing is tires.
chewiefttc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been running my CR for a few months now. At the start I broke some ball studs and turnbuckles as I relearned how to drive a new truck. Previously I was driving a Traxxas Rustler. I just recently had to replace the front assembly that holds the steering assembly because I snapped a few screws in the top part. I've had a few real hard hits on the wall and finally something gave way. Overall The truck has held up pretty good.

Right now I still have 2 minor setup issues. There is one hi speed 90 degree corner after the straight. My truck wants to spin out. I had some of the better drivers help me out yesterday and it made an improvement, but it still does it some. As i've learned there are so many variables its hard to say6 why I spin when others can rail the corner. I do need to swap my oils because I'm running lighter in the front than the rear. From what I'm learning this means too much weight transfers forward and makes my back end loose traction.

My other issue seems to be "pushing". I feel my car turns too wide compared to some of the other trucks, CR's included. Without getting too deep into setups, what would be the first thing to look into to reduce push and make the truck corner faster? I have a good high end servo so I don't think i need to change this.
olydemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to xsxracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_King View Post
Oh geez, can we make a section of this forum so people can complain about Losi instead of clogging up this section?
+100000000000
Old 04-20-2008, 03:23 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dont you guys get it losi is giving the rest of the companys a fair chance to step up there game... buying time for losi to step just that much further into the RC empire!! It is that simple "they needed the compitition anyway!!!"

Losi is doing now what traxxas has been doing aLL ALONG ...

LOSI is not entitled to a little R and R after such a long streach leading the way!

I THINK SO!

just chill out LOSI is not a punk n tha RC bizz they know what there doing
GPM BLUE ALUMINUM A-ARM SET U/L
ACNCM ENORMOUS COOLING HEAD
INTEGY SWAY BAR KIT
VANTAGE HX5 TIRES

Micro baja
Micro raminator

ALUMINUM PIVOT BLOCKS
FULLY ADJUSTABLE C/C/S
LOWGEARED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:26 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

So, I took it out to the track today for some much needed practice. It was hooking up well in the corners (step pins, yellow springs on the rear and red on the front for the win) but it still jumps in a pretty retarded manner.

I'm running a Lipo/GTB 10.5 brushless rig and it took some adjusting to get the ride height right.

The big issue I was trying to deal with today was it's flight behavior. The track has a moderate double and a pretty serious triple meant for the 1/8 scale guys. Coming off the triple, the truck flies retarded everytime.
5 minutes into my practice, came off the triple, landed it but it was squirelly, rolled when I went into the corner -- didn't even hit the pipe but yet another damned ball joint took a dive. I ordered the lunsford titanium ones to use specifically since I'm learning, as one of you said - how to drive the new truck..

One of the guys helping me last weekend had me reprogram the gtb for some pretty substantial drag braking to try to get the nose down in the corners. We were fighting with some traction issues that really was just the wrong tread pattern. I think that drag breaking is working against me in the jumps, though, thinking about turning it off or down because I seem to not be used to it, bringing the nose too far down off the jumps. The really wierd thing I haven't figured out yet was today the truck would actually come off the jump, and lean down to one side coming down. Not sure what the heck is causing that but I suppose some trial and error will reveal the culprit.

Thanks for the link on the "XXX-T cr, your opinions", when I looked at that thread earlier, I saw early pre-release xxx-t cr tralk and apparently didn't get far enough into it to find anything helpful, I'll dedicate a little more time to that tonight.

I think after I harden up the truck a little to account for my recklessness and figure out why it doesn't fly right, I should be better. If you guys have any tips on the flight problems, love to hear them.
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:47 PM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Thanks again for the tip on the XXX-T cr thread. I'm just now getting past some of the posts about pre-release speculation and to some useful tips. Looks like I'm not alone in my ball joint quandry. I guess If I could spend less time fixing the rear hubs and more time driving and tuning the car, I'll be better off in the end.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #24
Tech Elite

You can adjust what it does in the air by way of throttle control. If the nose goes down, blip the throttle to pick it up a little. Braking in the air makes the nose go down. I still doubt the truck is that bad and you just need to get your driving a little better. Work on the setup a little more as well.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I don't know what position you are running your battery in but remember you can put more weight to the front by simply just moveing the battery forward this might help also.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:43 AM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Default Weight distribution

Since I'm running Lipo and a relatively heavy gtb in the rear, I have three spacers behind the lipo with the weight pushed forward.

I knew about controlling the pitch mid air, I'm just not sure why it's not landing true, (it's falling to one side, which is probably what's putting additional stress on the rear hub balljoints on landing)

My natural inclination in jumps was to let off in the air, that combined with the drag braking is making it nose down. Might go back to 0 on the drag brake now that I have the right tires and see if that works better with natural tendencies in the air.

I'm still surprised how cheap these rear ballstuds were but I see losi sells titanium ones so their mindset there, I guess was pretty clear.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anomaly check your PM
Old 04-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #28
Tech Champion

SMOOTH JUMPING. The face of the jumps in the dirt are usually never square adn therefore you must find a clean line that lets you fly square to the ground. Then you can use the throttle to setup for the landing.

Also check your shocks again and again. These 1/10 vehicles punish the shock fluid and shock bodies. When you read through the XXXT-CR thread you'll find the info on how to build the shocks equally from side to side.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:25 AM   #29
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomaly View Post
I've read the rc8's reliability issues but at least AE released a service pack to try to address the issues the real world showed in their buggy. In my experience, It would be a cold day in hell before Losi would go to that effort.
Losi didn't need to release a service pack because there were no major issues. Except for the need to relearn how to drive the 8ight. AE just had a minor flaw, either in design or manufacturing, that's it. So they did their customers right by releasing that service pack. Losi just did a good job of execution with the 8ight and avoided any major drawbacks.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

anomaly, you got a pm.
Associated TC7.1
Durango DESC410V2 Pro
sport10 is offline   Reply With Quote