Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
help identify a car and buggy please (pictures) >

help identify a car and buggy please (pictures)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

help identify a car and buggy please (pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

You have a "Mature" vintage collection.

Here is a link to the guy who does the "Vintage RC" section in RC Car mag, he may be able you some idea of worth.

http://www.darrynsretrorc.rtox.com/
Old 04-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpolaris502
maybe, but im thinking of going the ebay route after looking at some ended listings.
Cool. Clean them up, especially the Clodbuster. That one alone should pull a bid close to, if not over, $200. That's original one, not the re-release, and it's got some discontinued hop-ups on it that are considerably hard to find. It's a shame the body has some imperfections, but at least the important pieces are intact.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

nice, thanks for all the tips. what kind of good parts are on the clod? obviously the aluminum shocks and i think the aluminum 4 link mount on the chassis.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by foolio
The Yellow buggy is a difficult one. It has the oil filled dampers in the rear that the Hornet came with...however it has rear grasshopper tires mounted to the front...or Subaru Brat fronts. So it could be a hornet or a hopped up grasshopper. Lastly, and I am just throwing this out there as a long-shot, the blue nerf barfs make me want to says it's the rare World Engines Rockbuster...a grasshopper/hornet copy. Of course you'd also have to throw out the Academy Road Runner as a potential as well.

Good call on the Brat front rims and tires - I think the rear ones are odd too.

The Hornet and Grasshopper shared a lot of parts - including the aftermarket aluminum nerf bars, and I also noticed the alum front shock tower (it was a hop-up back in the day too). There was a lot of goodies for those cars back in the day, it seems like a company called Hot Shot (or Hot something) made all sorts of stuff.

Seems like that PreRunner has some Losi tires on it too, I don't know.

If any of them are too beat, and broken and missing parts, don't expect to get too much for them. You might even lose out going the ebay route because buyers there are going to be very savvy about it.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

yeah, i need to figure out where would be the best place to list each of these.

the tires on the prerunner are tamiya in the front and prolines in the rear.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Suspended

yeah and, honestly, the deal with selling them is finding the right buyer to really get anything out of them.
I mean, if they were in really good condition and had all original tires and things you'd be able to get a mint.
but with broken parts, worn out parts, scratched up stuff, stuff not working, non-original tires and rims - it's gonna be kinda hard.
personally, I'd take them and then rebuild them with mainly original bits and pieces you can get here and there and THEN try and sell them.

good luck either way
Old 04-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

your right. i think ill throw them all on ebay, list everything about them and hope for the best. or if anyone would be interested in trading for some new equipment towards me getting an offroad nitro truck.

i was just outside cleaning them up real good and also noticed that the prerunner has some carbon fiber steering parts and rear chassis plate.

heres some fresh pictures after a clean up.

sorry, that might be a lot of pictures. i have the other number plate for the truck too.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RocketRob40
personally, I'd take them and then rebuild them with mainly original bits and pieces you can get here and there and THEN try and sell them.
Excellent advice.

Originally Posted by cpolaris502
Crap, all the red plastic is either painted or scratched up. Those are getting hard to find. Let me know what the bid ID is on the Clod, I'd really like to restore it.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Keep them they are worth so much money .....
Old 04-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

yeah, the red stuff is painted black.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Keep them they are worth so much money .....

Stop being a tool and shut up.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

would i be dumb to trade the clod for a 3.3 jato with everything needed to run? like the radio and all that. that's if i could find some one interested in that trade.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Damn, that Hitec ESC and late 80's twister motor in the Yellow buggy are ooooooollld.

I think the name of the company making the red aluminium bits was "Hot trick" or something like that.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Simon K
Damn, that Hitec ESC and late 80's twister motor in the Yellow buggy are ooooooollld.

I think the name of the company making the red aluminium bits was "Hot trick" or something like that.
ding, ding, ding - we have a winna

yipee, that's it --- "HoT Trick"

they made all sort of aftermarket goodies for all sorts of pre-RC10 stuff.......
......and I think the last thing I had of there's was a superduty extended RC10 nosepiece, absolutely bulletproof, you could run it into a wall wideazz open hard enough to kink the chassis plate but the nose piece would survive.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

check out the classifieds...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.