R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-14-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Tire Cleaners?

I went racing for the first time in about a year or 2 on sunday and alot has changed.

Everyone but me had tire cleaners most looked home made and had a custom solution in them

anyone got any tips?

also i saw people burning their tires and spraying a traction compound on them
what does the burning do? and most people i saw were using belt dressing as compound what do you guys think bout it?
Old 04-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

they put simple green inside the tire tubs to soften up the compound

flaming the tires burns off the chemicals on the tires when you open them from the package. also when you flame them, they heat up, then you quickly apply buggy grip, death grip, etc...

but i usually just brush off my tires in a tire tub with some simple green, dry them off, apply death grip when dry. works fine with my t4

o yeah, use trinity bomb one inserts because alot of the other foams quickly deteriorate with water
BSS07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:26 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSS07 View Post
they put simple green inside the tire tubs to soften up the compound

flaming the tires burns off the chemicals on the tires when you open them from the package. also when you flame them, they heat up, then you quickly apply buggy grip, death grip, etc...

but i usually just brush off my tires in a tire tub with some simple green, dry them off, apply death grip when dry. works fine with my t4

o yeah, use trinity bomb one inserts because alot of the other foams quickly deteriorate with water
i use a simple green mixture also, cleans them very well.

http://www.BulldawgRC.com
Team Driver for: Proline, Team Epic/Trinity, Hex Crew, Bulldawg R/C, Speed Demon Hobbies ~~~~TEAM CRUNCHY~~~~
Bulldawg RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:34 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i found simple green works to clean them and i know this sounds crazy but wd40 is the best traction compound you can buy at my local track everybody uses it i ran a couple of times before doing that to them and then 1 of the guys there handed me a buggy grip bottle and said use it and i did and then i found out what is in the empty buggy grip and i couldnt belive it its gets crazy traction now yeas i know its crazy but try it once and youll see what im talking about
superdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote