R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

If you turn the throtle down so that it puts out 200 wats like a 19 turn & regera it you will see a change in the way it performs. The new programming allows people to run the low discharge packs. However alot of people in the past have had trouble w/ cogging when they used the older programming. I never had issues w/ cogging. My battery pack set me back $50. How much did your lipo set you back? My a123 pack charges in 15 minutes how long does it take for you to charge yours? My a123 pack runs for 30 minutes w/ my motor tuned like a 10 turn. How long would yours run? Do I really need to keep on going?
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #62
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by party_wagon View Post
Do I really need to keep on going?
Please don't.
Your stuff is far superior, obviously.

Lipos suck everyone
beast95451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:24 AM   #63
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast95451 View Post
Please don't.

Lipos suck everyone
still trying to figure out what a a123 is and if it's legal for racing why have i never seen one ? I am interested in these a123's though cause they sound pretty sick.

If it isn't legal got a sick low budget set up for our sportsman run what you brung noob class.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #64
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Funny thing Castle was at the same meetings but ROAR only cared what Novak said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I been in contact with the techs that where at the meetings and what really happens.
Before anymore BS gets told about ROAR not approving Castle motors, would somebody please make sure they get this form and submit what is required to get the motors approved since it is not ROAR that is the problem!

Here is the link to the form: http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...roval_form.pdf

You guys that race Castle products need to put pressure on Castle to get they're motors ROAR approved or else quit your whinning and race where they don't follow ROAR rules or buy motors from companies that get they're motors ROAR approved and are ROAR legal!!!
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #65
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craps View Post
Before anymore BS gets told about ROAR not approving Castle motors, would somebody please make sure they get this form and submit what is required to get the motors approved since it is not ROAR that is the problem!

Here is the link to the form: http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...roval_form.pdf

You guys that race Castle products need to put pressure on Castle to get they're motors ROAR approved or else quit your whinning and race where they don't follow ROAR rules or buy motors from companies that get they're motors ROAR approved and are ROAR legal!!!
ROAR is full of Craps.

550 Mafia.

Last edited by Crawler; 04-16-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #66
Tech Elite

Quote:
Please don't.

Lipos suck everyone
Ha Ha!

Can only be a few months away until A123's suck too, there must even newer technology on the horizon to make those obsolete also, gotta have the latest and greatest you know.
RCHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #67
Tech Elite

Seems some companies don't share Party Wagon's view of A123 cells....

Check out this opinion of A123's towards the bottom of the page....

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/?si...69&pgid=faq#42

Of coarse, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Better up that voltage to 50v + to lower that amp draw....

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Back On Topic, how is the CC sidewinder programmed via PC? Is it through the receiver plug as somebody asked previously?
RCHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #68
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:

No more like organizations like ROAR need to quit pretending like they are for racing. It has nothing to do with whinning. All ROAR should of told other motor companies is we are going with what Novak says and no one elses imput matters. At least then Castle reps wouldn't of wasted their time and money going to meetings for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like many other inovative companies they are put down because they are different but in the long run they prevail and make other companies step up with better products.

You can see this same type or stuff happening with Sirius and Xm merger. The old companies with like Clear Channel and others radio stations don't like being beat at their own game and are trying to stop it but it will never happen!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like what Castle has to put up with right now. Its 100% the same bullshit.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #69
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHR View Post
Seems some companies don't share Party Wagon's view of A123 cells....

Check out this opinion of A123's towards the bottom of the page....

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/?si...69&pgid=faq#42

Of coarse, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Better up that voltage to 50v + to lower that amp draw....

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Back On Topic, how is the CC sidewinder programmed via PC? Is it through the receiver plug as somebody asked previously?

from what i understand sidewinder has the same mini usb port as the MM

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa

Last edited by geeunit1014; 04-16-2008 at 01:26 PM. Reason: spellcheck
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #70
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
from what i understand sidewinder has the same mini usb port as the MM
No USB port on the sidewinder. You'll need to hook it up to the ESC to RX plug.
http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...stle_link.html
beast95451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:12 PM   #71
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Oh & I have yet too see a MM go up in smoke, how many Novaks have you seen fried? I know noone that races at a track with a good turnout, can say that they haven't.
Can you plug your Novak & get instant updates for your ESC?

Cogging was an issue when the Mambas first came out, I'll be the first to admit it. Mine cogged like crazy the first day I used it. I called Castle & they told me to direct solder the Motor/ESC wires. Problem solved. Now all MM's come with newer bullet plugs. Problem solved. Updated firmwarem, smooth as butta. All new products will have little bugs that need to be worked out, & Castle took care of those bugs promptly. They also sent me the new bullet plugs for all my motors & a few extra sets...free of course.
I have had one of my MM ESC go up in smoke, but here is the funny part it still works (I don't use it now (I should send it in to get fixed), but I tested to see if it would work yet, and it still does, only it has a good amount of smoke come out of it yet).

Anyways with the newest update, how much better is it. I am still on the old settings (I got the system when it first came out (pat. pending at the time) and I want to know it that will help so I can use my old batteries for pratice. I used the 7700 motor in my 4wd buggy, and my pratice packs are my old 3800's, and that causes the system to cog when I go for the full throttle (I like that I can hold a tight line, and still clear the largest jumps that other people can't do even with a great run up to for taking a wide line around the track). The system works great with my 4200's, but with my year old 3800's it has some problems

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

A123 cells are 2300mah 3.3volt cells. You can charge them at a 4c rate. The cheapest way to purchase them is to purchase a dewalt 36volt a123 pack. You can then solder them in series or parallel to increase voltage or capacity. I run a 2s 3p pack in my 2wd truck(6.6volt 6900mah). the dewalt packs have 10 cells in them and can be purchased for like $120 off of ebay. When the cells were 1st coming around you could find the dewalt packs for $70, but their hobby popularity has caused their price to increase. A single 1p 2s pack is all you need for a day of mod club racing @ any level w/ a good charger. If you can find a way to get a budget charger that will charge at 10 amps then they would be perfect for a budget class & they are still great for most racing. I have been told they are legal for the r/c pro series, but they are not roar legal.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #73
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
No more like organizations like ROAR need to quit pretending like they are for racing. It has nothing to do with whinning. All ROAR should of told other motor companies is we are going with what Novak says and no one elses imput matters. At least then Castle reps wouldn't of wasted their time and money going to meetings for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like many other inovative companies they are put down because they are different but in the long run they prevail and make other companies step up with better products.

You can see this same type or stuff happening with Sirius and Xm merger. The old companies with like Clear Channel and others radio stations don't like being beat at their own game and are trying to stop it but it will never happen!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like what Castle has to put up with right now. Its 100% the same bullshit.
More BS as expected!!!!

Here is a list of ROAR Approved Brushless Motors and please notice all of those different companies with different types of motors had no trouble getting motors approved and actually went through the approval process!!!

Quote:
Roar Approved Brushless Motor List

Brushless Motor Approval List
Type Importer MFG Description Approval Date
Modified Novak Novak 1050 Teardown, bare A1 can ends, purple band 3/28/2005
Modified Associated/Reedy LRP Brushless N.E.O. 1 gray can, black end caps, VTEC 9/19/2005
Modified Novak Novak Velociti bare A1 can ends, purple bands 9/19/2005
Modified Associated/Reedy LRP Vector X11 Brushless w/bonded or sintered rotor 7/1/2007
Modified Orion Orion Vortex Brushless w/sintered motor 7/1/2007
Modified Novak Novak 3410SS 10.5 Pro 2/5/2008
Modified Hacker Brushless USA Hacker E-40 (any wind) 2/25/2008
Modified Schumacher USA Speed Passion Speed Passion Comp Series 13835 (any wind) 2/25/2008
Modified Trinity Trinity TRI102xx 2/27/2008
Stock Novak Novak 3417SS 17.5 Pro *2/15/2008*
Stock LRP LRP Vector X11 Stockspec 17.5T *2/27/2008*
Stock Hacker Brushless USA Hacker E-40 17.5T *2/27/2008*
Stock Losi Losi Xcelorin 17.5 LOSAB9406 *2/29/2008*
Super Stock Novak Novak 3413SS 13.5 Pro *2/15/2008*
Super Stock LRP LRP Vector X11 Stockspec 13.5T *2/27/2008*
Super Stock Hacker Brushless USA Hacker E-40 13.5T *2/28/2008*
Super Stock Losi Losi Xcelorin 13.5 LOSAB9405 *2/29/2008*

Proof the problem is not ROAR on why Castle Products are not approved...the problem is all with Castle's lack of sending in for approval!!!
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #74
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

maybe they dont want to share there tech with everyone
rjs_13203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #75
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
More BS as expected!!!!

Here is a list of ROAR Approved Brushless Motors and please notice all of those different companies with different types of motors had no trouble getting motors approved and actually went through the approval process!!!

Proof the problem is not ROAR on why Castle Products are not approved...the problem is all with Castle's lack of sending in for approval!!!
It is tiresome having to correct guys who continually post shit that isn't true. So your telling me in 20 plus years that ROAR plays no favorites? It would be great to take the debate to an open court because this is so easy to prove it isn't even funny.

No problems because 90% are all rebadged Fergio motors or Novaks after reading the list No real surprise here. Not like any of them made some break thru design because if they did it won't be ROAR approved. Oh no Tekin either so go figure another company that makes sensorless designs.

The fact is ROAR means nothing because fact is the the biggest and best races are not ROAR associated. Vegas, Snowbirds, Cleveland all no ROAR and I can name more.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote