Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-21-2008, 06:02 AM   #136
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin View Post
However mod motors must be slotted. NO ONE makes a slotted sensorless motor... So this statement is rather silly. For stock and super stock it is hard to make equal motors unless they are the same design so one had to be chosen. CC does not currently make a motor slow enough for stock or super stock.

It is no secret that I am not a fan of the legal slotted designs, but we are making them because that is the rules. Our prefered motor designs are slotless and sensorless and work perfectly with the CC controllers. We have a 4800kv and a 5800kv. We also make some milder versions at 3200kv and 3700kv for 2wd offroad with feel.

Tekin controllers also work excellent with the CC motors for those who want another choice. CC is great bang for the buck, no doubt. Tekin is more expensive because they are more expensive to build, period. They are smaller, designed not to need a heat sink and have all the user features right on the controller. Choices are a good thing! Mix and match and have fun.

Tekin Prez
Excellent info here and no bashing of product. Great job. Tekin was always my number one speedo back in the day. The G9 was the best speedo I have ever used for stock racing and mod. Damn that thing was killer.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #137
Team Tekin

Thanks Wyd. It is always a fine line in the land mines of forums to supply good info without putting a negative light on others. It is difficult for people to understand what works together with all of today's choices. Pretty easy to understand that we are compatible with everyone.

Glassdoctor - FYI we did leave the sensor plug on out 1/8 unit just in case. We do not plan to put sensors in our motors, but there are some 2pole 3 slot motors being offered that have sensors.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #138
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good point. I was thinking "combo" packages. Good idea to keep it backward compatible with Betamax stuff...
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #139
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin View Post
Thanks Wyd. It is always a fine line in the land mines of forums to supply good info without putting a negative light on others. It is difficult for people to understand what works together with all of today's choices. Pretty easy to understand that we are compatible with everyone.

Glassdoctor - FYI we did leave the sensor plug on out 1/8 unit just in case. We do not plan to put sensors in our motors, but there are some 2pole 3 slot motors being offered that have sensors.

Tekin Prez
Being compatible is harder now than ever and the info you posted will help thats for sure. It is great to see Tekin back. It was an old school favorite of mine and hope you guys do well. Some of my old play stuff still uses some old school Tekin stuff as well as some old school dischargers.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #140
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
8.8.1 Sensored or sensorless motors are allowed in modified motor classes. Only sensored type motors are allowed for stock and super stock racing.
The more I read this statement, the more it doesn't make sense. Why require stock and super stock motors to have sensors? This sounds totally stupid to me.
kufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #141
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufman View Post
The more I read this statement, the more it doesn't make sense. Why require stock and super stock motors to have sensors? This sounds totally stupid to me.
You are right. But we know what they mean to say...Novak/LRP design only.

Technically I believe the sensors have nothing to do with the power output of the motor (which makes them "spec" motors), and they can be run with or without the sensor wires if hte esc is capable.
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote