R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #76
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdoctor View Post
The motor looks to come, from the same place as the traxxas VXL's. Anyone that has a traxxas motor and poped the black plastic off will see the same cut-out and solderable tabs. Its screwed together with the same bolts, as well
crazyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:38 PM   #77
Tech Addict

I'm bumping this, because i want to see it out.

GD, I don't know if you run any Nitro. But, how does the caster design run against the Losi truggy? I am having some worries about Losi quality, seems there is a bunch of complaints lately and looking for options if i ever go to another truggy. Thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 03:49 PM   #78
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Takedown Send a message via AIM to Takedown

Looks as if theirs a knockoff velineon 3500 motor in that last pic.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:13 AM   #79
Tech Elite

Remember, that is not a production unit, yet. The original pics were of the United States made prototype, and this is the pic of the first manufactured prototype. That would mean that the molds are made and the cnc machines are programmed. Besides, if it came with a motor and everything, it would be a RTR. I was under the impression we were doing a kit first.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:14 AM   #80
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

will they come out with a truggy w esc & servos? n expected price?
Old 04-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #81
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The RTRs are coming, both buggy and truggy, but we don't know what components will be included, and we don't know when it will be ready yet.

The kits are expected to to hit the shelves by early June.
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjr View Post
I'm bumping this, because i want to see it out.

GD, I don't know if you run any Nitro. But, how does the caster design run against the Losi truggy? I am having some worries about Losi quality, seems there is a bunch of complaints lately and looking for options if i ever go to another truggy. Thanks
I wish we could get things done quicker with a "ttt" bump... I would have had a MMM last summer, LOL...

I do run nitro and have a Losi 8ightT, but I haven't run the Caster K8T. Camshaft ran the Caster truck last weekend at our RCPS race and it does very well. Last summer about everyone was running the 8ightT and loving it... now a lot of guys have gone back to other brands and are doing fine. The Caster truck can hang with the best of them imo.
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:43 AM   #83
Key
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
For mechanical brakes, a rear brake only setup may be an option. This would be used along with electric "motor" brakes via the esc. It has not been done yet but we will be experimenting with it. Using full mechanical brakes, front and rear... may also work but we have not even tried that yet.

There are some advantages to using mechanical brakes, but the vast majority of conversions are being run with only the electric brakes. Mechanical brakes make the car much more complicated. Personally, I like the electric brakes.

My lap times are just fine without mech brakes, if you know what I mean.
Yes I know exactly what you mean

I'm curious and want to give it a try - what changes need to be made if we were to install mechanical brakes?
Old 04-28-2008, 01:04 PM   #84
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

You guys are silly. You need to do more research on bl motors before you start labling them good/bad/ copies.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #85
Tech Addict

Quote:
I wish we could get things done quicker with a "ttt" bump... I would have had a MMM last summer, LOL...

I do run nitro and have a Losi 8ightT, but I haven't run the Caster K8T. Camshaft ran the Caster truck last weekend at our RCPS race and it does very well. Last summer about everyone was running the 8ightT and loving it... now a lot of guys have gone back to other brands and are doing fine. The Caster truck can hang with the best of them imo.
Thanks on the answer, I just bumped it up because i don't suscribe to threads and didn't want to have to go through 8 pages of stuff to find it.

I been looking at the caster or OCM for my next truggy, I like both from a look and price standpoint.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:53 PM   #86
Tech Elite

By the way, Caster fans, big bores are ready to set sail from the manufacturing facilities. Let us know if you want a set. There is a spot at our website.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #87
Tech Elite

Default new pics....

Here are official pics of the actual production version.......
Attached Thumbnails
New Factory Built Electric 1/8 !!!-_dsc7966m.jpg   New Factory Built Electric 1/8 !!!-_dsc8006m.jpg   New Factory Built Electric 1/8 !!!-_dsc8008m.jpg  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:42 PM   #88
Tech Elite

some more.....
Attached Thumbnails
New Factory Built Electric 1/8 !!!-_dsc8014m.jpg   New Factory Built Electric 1/8 !!!-_dsc8013m.jpg   New Factory Built Electric 1/8 !!!-_dsc8015m.jpg   New Factory Built Electric 1/8 !!!-_dsc8016m.jpg  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:43 PM   #89
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Do Caster need help designing one from the ground up?
lutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:44 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Looks nice!!! Is there enough room in between the battery trays on the ESC mount for the CC Monster Max? It looks like its sized for the Mamba Max.
jhautz is offline   Reply With Quote