R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-14-2008, 08:56 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Joe... what country? CasterUSA will ship to other countries if there is not a Caster rep there.
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Prez, PM or email me

[email protected]
Old 04-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #33
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi glasdoctor,

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdoctor View Post
Joe... what country? CasterUSA will ship to other countries if there is not a Caster rep there.
I'm from Malaysia.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Savage FLM ext. 5S MMM 8XL, E REVO Medusa 1600KV 6S MMM
Thunder Tiger ST Neu 1515 2000KV Lutach esc 5S 4800mah
joeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:27 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

That buggy looks pretty sweet. If its as durable as a mugen then it sounds like a 2 year wait b4 my next trip to the lhs.

Last edited by party_wagon; 04-22-2008 at 09:25 AM.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #35
Tech Rookie

Default Juz an Idea

Ok I'm by no means anything other than old kid with new wants, so I use some time to surf on the unit I will purchase. A tip for marketing if you want to get them good is not to produce something as good as the competition but, a little better. To say your unit is as good quality wise as any other out there, does not show me why I need to look at your product. As good as, if it is a not so well known product with a good parts base then it might need to be better than with some quality assurance behind it. When I purchase something I want to know- 1: Will it last? 2: How long will it stay together? 3: Are parts easy to come by? (I know you play you pay, I have blown the top off way to many small blocks to think just because it's GM it won't break), 4: how is the customer service? 5: Where the product originates! You said it is not China OEM, ok where is it OEM. Baiting with pictures will follow soon, is great but you need to show a clip of maybe an underside, driveshaft, or heck maybe a shadow look at the powerplant , that is what it all comes down too.
From what I have seen on this and a few other forums there are many that will go fast Battery wise, (Im an old long ago put the cox or fox engine in the car make it fly like an areo) and, since my last week with the nephews Nitro (P.U.) Battery for me. Show us something that will hold our interest, Hype has it's place. But hype won't win the race..
Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:47 AM   #36
Tech Elite

LOL I hear you!

Caster is a company in China. I think the OEM comment (not mine btw) was referring to the fact that Caster is the mfg, so they are not simply relabeling someone else's car.

As for the sales tactics:

I don't like to over-hype things. I want to be straight up, state the facts, and let the customers do the bragging if that's what they want to do.

But I'm not going to makes claims that it's the "greatest" or better than brand x or y, etc. Others may do that, but to me it's subjective, open to opinion... and is asking for arguments.

I think Caster makes a very good product, and I know they want to be the best, and take care of their customers. They will stand behind the product. I can tell you that if anything is found to be a problem with this car, we will "take care of it".

Pics are coming... I will try to get a green light for posting pics of my hand-built prototype.

Anyone interested in getting one of the first shipment PM me.

Thanks
Old 04-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #37
Tech Elite

check my avatar... I'm sure that's ok for now
Old 04-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-T View Post
Well that's good news but as a potential customer i have few question.

Casterracing is just a brand based on Chinese OEM right ? what about spare parts and support in the futur ?
What about A123 battery support (NImh are too heavy, Lipo too dangerous even hardcased imho)

Well, Sorry guys, im a Nitro guy for now....BUT by looking at Caster Racing quality.....you can be rest assured that .....it is not only CHinese OEM............SPARE PARTS wont be an issue im sure............BUT guys before you throw me questions............like i said im a nitro guy........the ZX1-R & K8T........i can say ......a SUPERB car........affordable YET Functional.............as a racer.......im quite sure that you guys are looking at a growing company..........that is my opinion..........PEACE GUYS!!
Radical Freaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #39
Tech Regular

warning ...... attack of the dots .......

Well I'm in if it's under 300 $ for a basic race roller (not a Pro with aluminium) I drive mostly 1/10. Good composite and plastic material can be as sturdy as aluminiumand cheaper as well.
Mister-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

yeah, there is no point in making a car alum. if you don't have heat issues to worry about.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Shoot, I missed this thread yesterday. I was busy working on my home office and then spent all last night doing my tax return. I was up from like 11pm till 9am this morning....LOL (nothing like waiting till the last minute, but I had to get it done to get that extra Bush economic stimulous money) I'm married and have three kids so I think that is an extra $2100 ....hee-hee

The car sounds & looks good. Intersting choice of putting the motor up front in the fuel tank spot and flipping the diff around (like the losi 8ight in nitro form). The next phase in these conversions is definitely making 1/8th electric chassis's (like we don't need a flywheel hole...LOL ).

I look forward to seeing better up-close pics.

Best regards,

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:19 PM   #42
Tech Elite

OK, to try to settle some confusion...Apparently I misunderstood what the poster before me was saying when he said it was "chinese oem". Caster Racing is in fact it's own company and it makes its parts in house, so if oem means original equipment manufacturer, then I stand corrected. Technically, Caster Racing is in Taiwan. I am not 100% sure if that truly means that it is chinese or not. Either way, it is a legitimate product with the same standards and practices as the other major manufacturers.

Another issue, "based on Mugen" is not really accurate and sort of puts Caster in a negative light in regards to people thinking that it is a cheap knockoff Mugen. There are honest similarities between them as there are similarities to the Sportwerks lines, GS Storm lines, HoBao lines, Hyper lines, X-Ray lines, TA, and Losi. You can use a Mugen designed body on a Caster, but a Jammin one will also fit the same. There are some Mugen parts that are interchangeable in a bind, as some other manufacturer parts are also interchangeable.

Bottom line, Caster Racing USA helped redesign the ZX-1R and designed the first 1/8 scale electric kit. Caster Racing vehicles have a reputation for being easier to drive, have better handling, and are able to be pushed a little harder. If it was a copy, that would not be the case.

Bottom line 2. Caster Racing had a batch of bad aluminum shock towers in the first batch of vehicles to hit the United States. Apparently, they grabbed a sheet of 2026 instead of 7075. We noticed a problem with some of them and we ordered new shock towers and put an extra set in every single box just in case since there was no way to determine without use. We then sent free of charge a set to every customer who actually owned a Caster product. Then we had an issue with shock bladders not meeting the demands of US tracks and blowing out over supercross jumps. Once again, we posted in our forums that there was an issue, there was a Jammin part that would work temporarily, gave that part number and then Caster redesigned them (made thicker) and sent them to us and we distributed bladders to all our customers. We also replaced them in the kits that we still had available for sale. We will always stand behind our customers if there is a legitimate problem and we will have one of the best reputations in the industry.

Mike Mazza
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:34 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Now, we feel 100% that there will be no more product issues and that the engineering experiments we tried turned out as expected. We can now finally get aggressive and become more of a household name.

We also are making the final change for 2008 in regards to Nitro. Maybe glassdoctor would like to spill the beans on that....So, every vehicle will have a few subtle changes from the current model in regards to some small part exchanges, but it isn't any redesign or modification or version 2 type of deal.

In my opinion, it will make Caster the logical choice for buying a race ready vehicle out of the box.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Tell it like it is... no B.S.

Every car on the market has had at least a couple "issues" to deal with. It's just the way it is. The good companies see it and try to make it right. Caster is proving to be one of them imo.

There will be at least a couple options available: RTR sport car, and Pro race "prebuilt" kit, just like the nitros. I believe we can also have a sport "kit" without the RTR equipment, but honestly that has not been finalized. If there seems to be demand for it, we will try to meet it.

First things first, we need to get the cars hitting the states!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:40 PM   #45
Tech Elite

BTW, all Caster kits will now come with a full set of fluids for the diffs and shocks, based on the recommended team setup.

For example, the ZX-1R will come with:
Diff fluid: 5000/7000/3000
Shock fluid: 50w/40w

Fluids are the new G-Force Certified brand, courtesy of Fusion Racing Products.

These are being included at no additional charge.