Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
which is the best 2wd offroad >

which is the best 2wd offroad

which is the best 2wd offroad

Old 04-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default which is the best 2wd offroad

hi guys, im more of an onroad electric driver but i wouldnt mind getting into the 2wd offroad electric they they look so kool, im more intrested in the buggys and was wondering which is the best chassis to get out of the the list ive been looking at:

team associated b4
team losi xxx-cr
team academy gv2 pro
team kyosho ultima

or if there is a better car out u think that is betetr let me know

personally note: i wish xray had a 2wd buggy
Old 04-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

xray?? geez, i can't afford to replace the parts on the 04 TC. Fortunately its a TANK with alum hubs and races in a big dirt circle.

couldn't imagine supporting a 2wd buggy from them.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxblackheartxx2
hi guys, im more of an onroad electric driver but i wouldnt mind getting into the 2wd offroad electric they they look so kool, im more intrested in the buggys and was wondering which is the best chassis to get out of the the list ive been looking at:

team associated b4
team losi xxx-cr
team academy gv2 pro
team kyosho ultima

losi and ae have the best parts support at most hobby shops.The kyosho rb5 or whatever it's called is very very popular.gv2 looks like a good car just picked one up myself don't know how well it does but I like the ideas behind it as far as design and price.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i just didnt know about the losi cause the rear cvd's look a little funny with the design. the ae has imperial whihc i dont like, and the other two i havent heard much about and i dont know if they have had much luck in competetive racing. but it looks like the ae b4 is the way to go, its cheap and its world class. the parts are also easy to get, but i wouldnt mind something different like the losi. but is there anyone else out there that could tell me which car i should get.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

team associated b4
team losi xxx-cr
team academy gv2 pro
team kyosho ultima

Don't over look the Tamyia Frog either man !
Old 04-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

On a serious note, be on the lookout for the new Hot Bodies 2wd coming out within the next few months.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i just didnt know about the losi cause the rear cvd's look a little funny with the design. the ae has imperial whihc i dont like, and the other two i havent heard much about and i dont know if they have had much luck in competetive racing. but it looks like the ae b4 is the way to go, its cheap and its world class. the parts are also easy to get, but i wouldnt mind something different like the losi. but is there anyone else out there that could tell me which car i should get.
Losi cvd's are fine I have a losi truck and have had no problems with them....But if your leaning towards the b4 you can't really go wrong with it I am sure many others will agree with that.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

You should get the car that you can easily get part support for.
I have the academy GV2 pro. a very good car all things considered, sound design, reliable so far, cheap parts.
However, I'm a Losi guy at heart so....
Old 04-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have an RB5, so the RB5 is the best.

Seriously though, this post could go on for DAYS. It's all personal preference. Ask to drive your friends buggies at the track & see which you like. Parts availability should definitely be near the top of your list when deciding which one to get.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Just thought I would add some things: the Losi XXX 'CR' comes with SAE hardware as well; you mentioned that the B4 comes with imperial hardware, well so does the Losi. Further, the XXX 'CR' doesn't come with CVD's, it comes with universal joints/driveshafts, which are awesome. Check out a picture straight from Horizon. The universals help free up the rear of the car a whole lot more than CVD's, making the car easier to drive especially in bumps. I always liked them better back when I was driving Losi's cars (XXX BK1 and BK2 days) and still use them on the back of my X - 5 4wd car.

I agree with the others who have said its mostly a personal preference thing. The B4 is the most prevalent car out there right now, and it and the Losi are pretty much tied with both having great parts support. If you're looking for something different, Kyosho, Academy, and X Factory all make great cars that will set you apart from the crowd.

Hope that helps some, good luck with whatever you choose!
Old 04-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I would stay away from the MRC/Academy cars until they fix their durability issues. I have seen both the 2WD and 4WD cars break a lot of the time in the hands of good drivers. They are literally downsiding jumps and having ball stud mounts snap off.

I would guess in 10 races they break 7 times. I know at the Cactus they had a pretty hard time as well.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

All four are good choices. A different angle to think about would be what tools and spare screws you currently carry with you. Both Academy and Kyosho are metric based cars while Losi and AE are standard. For simplicity I prefer to carry in my tool box either all metric or all standard fasteners and tools.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

losi xxx cr/losi bk2/kyosho rb5 all three are great
Old 04-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

what big boss said is the best advice...personally it also depends on how you drive...years ago, i was running a schumacher fireblade and was loving it. i won a losi xxx at a rc swap meet and found out that i drove better with the xxx than the fireblade..the xxx was also about a 1/4 inch longer than the fireblade so it was more stable...trial and error
Old 04-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I would say if either losi xxx-cr or the rb5, I know i will prolly get flamed but.... This shocks have a easier maintenance design.

The vertical bal studs on the rear of the kyosho are nice and the durabilty of this car is pretty exceptional. This car is alittle more expensive and doesnt include ti turnbuckles.

The forward traction the losi is pretty impressive but has a more palnted feel. If i ever switched i think i would go with this car at the moment.

I could go on about the likes of the kyosho cause i have one although i have driven a few set-up losi's and they felt better in some areas compared to my car for me. But overall just as quick with a skilled driver. If your track has kyosho parts i would suggest the rb5 if you don't wanna carry you own supply. The losi is well supported at most track so when i go out of state it's usually up to me.

I have a t4 and where as i lke the way a fellow racers b4 feels i just dont like my t4 shocks and wheels, the front bearing sit in the wheels as opposed to the hubs and the shocks aren't as simple as the other two top cars.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.