R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-03-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
Team Tekin

Default Tekin Fx in Offroad - Answers Thread

The Tekin Fx is very popular at many offroad tracks where many are still using brushed motors. Especially in 2wd buggy where feel and control is everything. Most users report excellent comm and brush wear as well as increased efficiency, lower motor temps and great rip.

Please feel free to ask questions about setups and how to get the most out of your Tekin systems.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 62 (98%+)

I have a problem it's just random, but sometimes with my FX It won't run the motor for a second and then comes back to life. I still have power to the steering it just won't run the motor. Any ideas?
Old 04-04-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
Team Tekin

Sounds like it could be a cracked solder joint or component. That assumes we are getting a radio signal at all. If you can catch the leds when it happens we can tell you exactly what is happening.

If the leds are responding to the throttle and there is no motor, it is inside the controller. If the leds are not responding to throttle we are doing exactly what we are being told. If it is flashing all the leds, and you are not pulling full throttle, there is no radio signal.

What kind of receiver?

Do you have the newest software version 128?

Does it happen on impacts, or straights, or corners, or random.

Check the radio wire very closely for damage and the plug. Also look at the servo plug since some them are reverse of ours and the exposed pins face each other and can short together.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
Tech Addict

I have a Futaba FM rec. I don't know if the speed control has the latest software. It happens random, and it never happens when I have the buggy in my hand it's when I'm on the drivers stand so I can't see the led's. But when it happens I still have steering and I use the same radio for all my cars and it only happens with the one.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:53 AM   #5
Team Tekin

How long is the throttle gone for? Cap is in good shape and mounted securely? You need to find someone with a Hotwire and get the new software for sure. There are some very important improvements in some areas.

I would also wiggle the plug around in the receiver to see if there is a loose connection anywhere. Do you ahve another receiver to try?

Maybe Email me directly and we can continue some debug.

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 04-04-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisWolfson

Jim - I'm running the FX-Pro in Modified 2wd and Modified Truck and it's a great speed control. It was pretty hard to give up my G-11 Pro's, but I'm glad I did. The adjustability and feel from a speed control that small is incredible. I'm still running brushed and nimh and the FX-Pro is definitely the best I've run.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisWolfson

76nova - where are you at in Ohio? I'm in PA - might be able to help out with the hotwire if you're in the eastern part of the state.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info. I will check my cap.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson View Post
76nova - where are you at in Ohio? I'm in PA - might be able to help out with the hotwire if you're in the eastern part of the state.
I'm near mansfield.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #10
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Here is a pic of my B4 with the Tekin FX Pro. This is the smallest and most efficent speed controller I have ever used. The FX Pro has loads of functions to help you dial in your car. I got to say it's pretty cool how it lights up and makes noise when you are turning it on or going through the functions.
www.upgrade-rc.com
661-259-8772
ryno1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:53 PM   #12
Regional Moderator

Spring shootout at Wenatchee Wa. Round #1 of the Northwest Championship Tour.

Tekin FX pro takes the win in the 2wd modified class turning a Brood 19t checkpoint. powered with MaxAmps 5K. in a Kyosho RB5.

The advantage of controling the car on this layout after the 1/8th scales get done ripping it up. The FX keeps the power smooth to get through the bumps and runs steady all day long.

Next event is the Hank 240 at Spokane Wa. See Northwestchamps.com for sign up info.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #13
Team Tekin

That install it tight I wish my cars were that clean... and rattled a lot less. A thousand runs can really loosen everything up nicely.

I might move the solder post a little further from the battery bars. If anything came loose and it rocked back there might be some fire works. There is some serious power in that battery if you short the full voltage back to a mid point on the battery.

Tekin Prez
Old 04-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic

Looks good - here's the install in my XXXCR.