R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-01-2008, 11:06 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to chewiefttc4 Send a message via Yahoo to chewiefttc4

since you have the twin force i suggest upgrading to the stock hpi savage axels.. the stock axels snap off right where the threads are because its drilled out hollow. other than that its nearly indesctructable and you need to mod the servo to be on the front axel. cause the linkages suck
chewiefttc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:51 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Bmag come on man a clodzilla? Its a ripper from www.thundertechracing.com
Buckland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:17 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i got a twin force too guys. and i have a clodbuster.

the clod has 15t speed gems, and a 7.4 lipo. and an older spider chassis conversion. its fast, but not scary fast. it cant wheelie either. i ahve 4WS on it too. its a blast to drive.

my twin force is bone stock. with old stick packs, and 20t pinions. it will wheele for over 100 feet. and i am not scared to brake it because all the weight is not on the axles, like the Clod.

what kind of racing are you talking about? monster truck racing, or track racing?

i'd like to see what kind of setups you have on the twin force!
thanks guys.
-Mike
2 x GB01 Tamtechs
Custom solid axle SC
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:26 AM   #19
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiefttc4 View Post
since you have the twin force i suggest upgrading to the stock hpi savage axels.. the stock axels snap off right where the threads are because its drilled out hollow. other than that its nearly indesctructable and you need to mod the servo to be on the front axel. cause the linkages suck
Chewie I have a Bullhead, TXT-1 and a Twin Force.

I traded my E-maxx for a really nice Goldpan RC-10 because it wasnt that good.
Sure the E-revo is nice, but costs a ton of dough.

I rather not bother with traxxas stuff and stick with the Bullhead TXT-1 and
Twin Force.
Attached Thumbnails
B-mags ELECTRIC MONSTER TRUCK THREAD-txt-1-gravedigger-003.jpg   B-mags ELECTRIC MONSTER TRUCK THREAD-twinforce.jpg   B-mags ELECTRIC MONSTER TRUCK THREAD-brians-rc-collection-003.jpg  
Associated B44/Tamiya 501x WE
Off-road only!
bmaglinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #20
Tech Regular

We race electric monsters with the www.rcmtra.com , www.nrctpa.org , and www.nolimitrc.com On a track the clods are always the fastest monster trucks there.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #21
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

curious buckland, for your races what counts as a monster truck? Does it have to be solid axle, etc. ? Reason I ask is that based on the performance seen by the likes of an E-revo, I am curious to see how they stack up to the clods.

if MT were ran here, I wouldn't mind a conversion of an LST.

What are your thoughts on the current crop of independent suspension monster trucks?
Old 04-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Through the nrctpa there are a ton of classes for electric monsters. There is an e-maxx class for all the different e-maxxes then there is "open" for basically any 4wd monster truck with restrictions really only on tire size. As for how the independent trucks stack up they really cant hang with a race clod on precise, many turn tracks like the nrctpa runs. Now out on an open, rutted speed track the independent trucks will eat our clods up. If you check out those links of racing you'll see that its not lapped racing its elimination style similar to what "Monster Jam" runs. To me the realism of the solid axle trucks makes me more fond of them than independent suspension trucks but away from "clod" style racing solid axles really can't hang.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:01 AM   #23
Tech Rookie

Default 4.5 hv maxx, reliable?

Hi there, i've been running a 4.5 hv maxx system, but it keeps going wrong and i have to keep sending it back to novak. Does this happen a lot and if it does is there a more reliable system available? When it's running it's awesome! it will keep up with 3.3 t-maxx's, but after 3 or 4 runs it's busted again!! Any advice would be great. cheers

Clive
wilsonjuniors@b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:18 AM   #24
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

I am thinking of picking up an e-revo. Anyone know which of the conversions out there are the best?
Old 04-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Bmag, I am not sure about your comment about the E-Maxx. That thing takes a beating. I spent 4 sessions with it last night with one goal: to see how far I could push it. I was jumping it off of 7 foot ledges into a creek bed with at least 6-8 inces of water laying in it. It finally broke after a bad jump that made it go into a really fast front flip and it flew about 10 feet in the air and all the force was taken on the rear shock tower/body mounts. It blew out the shock tower and killed all four rear shocks. (best crash ever imo)

Its a great truck. The only thing I thought that it could use right out of the box was the sway bars (they help tremendously with high speed turns) With the new novak HV 4.5 system and a pair of 6000mah lipos that truck will be a rocket of epic proportions. I am a basher and this truck was made to be abused. It can take a licking and keep on tickin'.

Oh one more thing, after I killed the rear shock tower and shocks, I still drove it out for the rest of the battery life chasing my friends dog (dog was having a blast) dragging the read skid plate and even hitting jumps on soft grass. Nothing else broke.
TomBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

He's been suspended.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #27
Tech Adept

Why was he suspended? I didn't see anything inappropriate in this thread. I think the poor guy is misunderstood.
TomBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote