R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracer745 View Post
Seems simple enough but I was actually talking about the plastic one that covers the main chassis... Haha thanks though I will look for some and make some skids for my buggy! How much do they weigh? What about the plastic one though? Whats it made out of. And how long are your shocks and where did you get them?
sorry dood. i made the plastic thing out of the clear plastic window from the box of a model car. it weighs next to nothing. i just traced the bottom of the car, cut it out, poked holes where existing screws were and used them to hold it on. any clear plastic will do i think. i tried to find real lexan or something, but couldn't. the shocks are modded shocks from a tl-01. they dont have too much more travel, but the overall length is taller.
rexvirtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:50 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

So your not running any oil in them? Tl-01s are friction shocks arent they? Looks like you got some good clearance there. How much?

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:18 AM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
So your not running any oil in them? Tl-01s are friction shocks arent they? Looks like you got some good clearance there. How much?
i couldnt find any oil shocks that were a good length. also, they were harder to modify. so these are just friction shocks yes. there is about 3 cm of clearance.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TT-01 for off road-side.jpg  
Old 07-09-2008, 07:18 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Dang those are just your basic tl-01 shocks on a tt-01 chassis? Looking at the shocks on my tl-01, they don't look that long...

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Dang those are just your basic tl-01 shocks on a tt-01 chassis? Looking at the shocks on my tl-01, they don't look that long...
they arent totally basic. i replaced the top mount hole mounty things with some that were taller/longer, so the travel is the same, but they are taller overall. know what i mean?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Ahh I got it. I am looking at a guy selling both a tt-01 and a tl-01 on ebay for $120 plus shipping. Not a bad deal. Might have to pick them up. Race one rally one!

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

Old 07-16-2008, 06:51 AM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks guys for starting this thread. I have had a TT01 sitting on my shelf for ages doing nothing. I had it set up for drifting but got bored of that, all my other RC stuff is offroad. I have used the shocks off an old 1/16 mini inferno ST. I have done most of it now and will post a pic when I have finished, I am looking forward to putting it on our 1/8th track for a bit of fun. Cheers.
sacker hacker is offline   Reply With Quote