R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #61
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

A lady had one at the outdoor track this past weekend and I was pretty impressed overall with it. I am not sure as to what batteries she was running but the power of it was I would say 7.5/10. The track has this tricky double- double out of a corner and back into a corner and she was having no problem doubling out of the section(She probably could have gone wide in the corner before and doubled in but not sure) Also the whole time I was there that truck didn't break a single part, I was impressed with that aspect of it since she wasn't the greatest driver and it kept on going.(I'm not either.)

It's a great looking truck, and the lights front and back make it even more trick!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

ok thanks chris. Im just wanting something a little different. My son runs in the electric 2wd class and i normally run truggy but switching for awhile. Everyone else keeps saying get a slash but i hate traxxas products. Always cost a ton to make race worthy.

The 320 tires...is that similar to the normal 1/10th scale truck tires? or would i be stuck to only the stock style tires?
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #63
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You can run other style losi tires like 2.2 , the truck has a lot of
common parts with the xxxt line. I have had it for 2 weeks in the box in the garage . I need to take it out but trying not to cycle the wife up, bought to much rc stuff already. . I want to try the hime connection on my
xxxt-cr see how it holds up .

Dynodan22
dynodan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:44 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynodan22 View Post
You can run other style losi tires like 2.2 , the truck has a lot of
common parts with the xxxt line. I have had it for 2 weeks in the box in the garage . I need to take it out but trying not to cycle the wife up, bought to much rc stuff already. . I want to try the hime connection on my
xxxt-cr see how it holds up .

Dynodan22
very cool...i look forward to hearing more....btw im in the same boat as you with the wife lol
Brooksphotodesign.net
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:17 AM   #65
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NEMESIS44

Anybody got any straight info on how fast this truck is on the track compared to the Slash? Please don't try to sell this truck for Losi or try to sway me towards the Slash because you have one. I have already watched both on youtube and although the Slash looks so cool and is perfect scale it looks like it slams pretty hard on landings due to a soft suspension.

My brother decided to go Losi and I am leaning the same way. We have had horrible luck with Traxxas and my Losi 8ight is just wicked tough so help me out here.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:13 AM   #66
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMESIS44 View Post
Anybody got any straight info on how fast this truck is on the track compared to the Slash? Please don't try to sell this truck for Losi or try to sway me towards the Slash because you have one. I have already watched both on youtube and although the Slash looks so cool and is perfect scale it looks like it slams pretty hard on landings due to a soft suspension.

My brother decided to go Losi and I am leaning the same way. We have had horrible luck with Traxxas and my Losi 8ight is just wicked tough so help me out here.
It is apples and oranges. The Losi is more of a race truck that we have known for years, the Traxxas is something new all together.

If your brother got the Losi and you want to run with him I would look at other trucks like that, XXXT,T4, the DT and so on.

One is not better then the other just different, get what you want and if you want to race it what is being raced in your area.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #67
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
It is apples and oranges. The Losi is more of a race truck that we have known for years, the Traxxas is something new all together.

If your brother got the Losi and you want to run with him I would look at other trucks like that, XXXT,T4, the DT and so on.

One is not better then the other just different, get what you want and if you want to race it what is being raced in your area.
Yes I know they are ,as you put it "apples and oranges" but I want to know which one rolls down a hill the fastest.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #68
Tech Regular

Rolling down a hill is one thing, Having to do turns is another.

In a straight line, box stock with exactly the same battery, I don't know. But there are SO many ways you can make eather faster and as cheap as changing a gear.

I would say look at what you want to do with it. If you think you might want to race and this is your only truck I would lean to the Losi. If you just want to play, the Traxxas is SO much cooler.

I know that does not answer your question, but the Traxxas is bigger and pretty darn heavy so my money would be on it in a roll down the hill contest
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:46 PM   #69
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to infanterene

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMESIS44 View Post

I have both the slash and the DT. The DT probably handles better but the slash has much faster acceleration and top speed.

Today was the first day at the track with the slash. Because of heavy rains today the track was a mud bog. The diff didnt last too long and is now blown. I havent broken anything on the DT.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:55 AM   #70
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by infanterene View Post
I have both the slash and the DT. The DT probably handles better but the slash has much faster acceleration and top speed.

Today was the first day at the track with the slash. Because of heavy rains today the track was a mud bog. The diff didnt last too long and is now blown. I havent broken anything on the DT.
Thank you. That was exactly what I wanted to know. Being that this is our first venture into the electric world could you or anyone tell me what(not brand) lipo batteries I can run in the DT and what kind of run times they will produce? What are the limitations etc etc?
Old 06-21-2008, 01:48 AM   #71
Tech Apprentice

Default ...

slashes sold out immediately here and someone had one at the track, appears to be fine for racing, especially in a just buy it rtr and race it sort of fashion to cut down on costs.

Still waiting for one of those losis to show up but I had the ball cup proble with the losi truck I had which was annoying, but no problems with my cr buggy.

Definately not going to hate on traxxas likes its not race type pedigree like I'm a snob or something, and I'm actually leaning towards buying it now, but really hoping to be patient enough to see if either one will be a viable new class, that would be awesome to see people race competitively with each other for about 200 to 300 bucks straight from the box.

Maybe a rtr radio recycle program could get started...
flomofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:50 AM   #72
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by flomofo View Post
slashes sold out immediately here and someone had one at the track, appears to be fine for racing, especially in a just buy it rtr and race it sort of fashion to cut down on costs.

Still waiting for one of those losis to show up but I had the ball cup proble with the losi truck I had which was annoying, but no problems with my cr buggy.

Definately not going to hate on traxxas likes its not race type pedigree like I'm a snob or something, and I'm actually leaning towards buying it now, but really hoping to be patient enough to see if either one will be a viable new class, that would be awesome to see people race competitively with each other for about 200 to 300 bucks straight from the box.

Maybe a rtr radio recycle program could get started...
I run a Losi 8ightB so I am also leaning pretty hard towards Losi. Regardless of what others say, my Losi has been the best RC I have ever owned. Also, regardless of what others say, every Traxxas vehicle I have ever had any encounter with has been nothing but trouble from top to bottom and I have run across quite a few. Not trashing Traxxas, just my honest opinion.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:25 AM   #73
Tech Rookie

Default WOW

This little Desert Truck is Amazing...

I got this little sucker 2 days ago, along with two 7 cell 5000mah packs and two 3000mah packs...

Since I work at night, and get off work at like 2 am... I when to my local skate park in total darkness, just the moon, and ran the truck on the jumps...

It was amazing, the front lights light up the in front of the truck for about 3 to 4 feed, and the back tail lights always let u know what direction ur going...

It ran about 35 to 40 on the 5000mah...

I did almost everything you can possibly do to this truck, jumped and crashed it for about an hour... Not a single thing broke...

Im amazed oh how strong thing little sucker is...

----------------------------------------------------
Now im going to add very bright LED lights to the front and sides, so I can run it at night and see alot better...

Over all this is the best electric rc car i have ever owned, alot more fun then the e maxx...

The air and hang time you get with this thing is amazing...

------------------------------------------------------------

vokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:08 AM   #74
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Good news!

Amain is carrying parts for this truck!

They even have a clear body for it!

Now all I would like to see is a kit "pro" version... This truck has hella potential! Slap a lipo and brushless set-up in it and it could be sweet!
Could you imagine a desert truck 19t brushless class??? it could be sweet! Even better run it in mod truck class!

I will have one by summers end when its time to put the 8ight to sleep for the winter!
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:46 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
Good news!

Amain is carrying parts for this truck!

They even have a clear body for it!

Now all I would like to see is a kit "pro" version... This truck has hella potential! Slap a lipo and brushless set-up in it and it could be sweet!
Could you imagine a desert truck 19t brushless class??? it could be sweet! Even better run it in mod truck class!

I will have one by summers end when its time to put the 8ight to sleep for the winter!
Yeah they have listings in Hop Ups and Parts
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_24_910
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_25_909
& LPH has listings to http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...UCK/Categories
Drift_Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote