R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
Do you know where I can get one of those bodies?
Yeah it does look cool and very realistic
I have a xx4we for sale if you want one
I know Losi isn't making them anymore. You would be hard pressed to find one, I'm sure they are near extinct. They came with a body mounting kit also which was basically Street Weapon front and rear body mounts and front bumper.

I still have the body, but not the mounts. I'm not interested in a XX4, thanks anyway.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiefttc4 View Post
kinda like what ford did to jaguar
Make it profitable?
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
Make it profitable?

LOL jaguar and profitable are only seen in the same sentence if the prefix "un" or "non" is between the two terms!

yeah, but if losi sells a crapload of these stupid things to newbies they'll make more profit, and have more money to design cool things! which hopefully won't have lights on them
artie's liver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie's liver View Post
LOL jaguar and profitable are only seen in the same sentence if the prefix "un" or "non" is between the two terms!
You're right...I should have said "reliable" instead.

It's Land Rover that's been making money.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:23 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Land Rover even bigger POS. both companies, had a ton of quality issues, hopefully tata can turn em around.

as for the losi. looks cool for my 3month old son. bout it.
vic0280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:58 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic0280 View Post
Land Rover even bigger POS. both companies, had a ton of quality issues, hopefully tata can turn em around.

as for the losi. looks cool for my 3month old son. bout it.
Funny that you're hoping an Indian company will improve the quality of something!
Old 03-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQC049 View Post
I know Losi isn't making them anymore. You would be hard pressed to find one, I'm sure they are near extinct. They came with a body mounting kit also which was basically Street Weapon front and rear body mounts and front bumper.

I still have the body, but not the mounts. I'm not interested in a XX4, thanks anyway.
I have one of the kits.. body and mounts too. It's not really for sale but if someone wants it let me know. Body is green with racing stripes IIRC.
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Lars Johnson

i love all the negativity on RCTech that comes with Every new Losi product release.

Quote:
if losi sells a crapload of these stupid things to newbies they'll make more profit, and have more money to design cool things! which hopefully won't have lights on them
why not, I think lights are pretty cool. Know what else they'll do with a profit? Be better at keeping parts in stock and shipping out for All of their products (unlike other R/C companies that come and go), and be able to throw more $$ at development of every new product; 1/10th, 1/8th, 1/18th, RTR, Race Roller, Crawler, Blimp, Boat, etc etc..

Every new person to the hobby has to start somewhere, this is another quality product from a well-known name that has the size and strength to provide parts for their cars at almost any hobby shop that wants to stock it. Wow, poor Horizon, they really must be losing customers with all these new RTR's (sarcasm)... RTR's are the best way a newbie can get involved in the Hobby. Anyone who says otherwise is Wrong.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Johnson View Post
i love all the negativity on RCTech that comes with Every new Losi product release.

why not, I think lights are pretty cool. Know what else they'll do with a profit? Be better at keeping parts in stock and shipping out for All of their products (unlike other R/C companies that come and go), and be able to throw more $$ at development of every new product; 1/10th, 1/8th, 1/18th, RTR, Race Roller, Crawler, Blimp, Boat, etc etc..

Every new person to the hobby has to start somewhere, this is another quality product from a well-known name that has the size and strength to provide parts for their cars at almost any hobby shop that wants to stock it. Wow, poor Horizon, they really must be losing customers with all these new RTR's (sarcasm)... RTR's are the best way a newbie can get involved in the Hobby. Anyone who says otherwise is Wrong.
So why not brand it Sportworks? Horizon owns them as well. IMO, these RTR's have nice quality, are very profitable, and great for nOObs, but are hardly worth the LOSI name.

That was forged on the track, not bashing around the local park.

550 Mafia.
Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:46 PM   #25
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

thats funny you say that about the indian company. i wish them the success since the american company couldnt do a thing with them.

glad i got rid of my range rover, biggest pos i ever wasted money on. plus i have a small vested interest in the success of tata.

dont forget every big company once started small. tata isnt that small either.

i know i will get flamed for this, but last thing

rather have india personel than UAW building cars.
vic0280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler View Post
So why not brand it Sportworks? Horizon owns them as well. IMO, these RTR's have nice quality, are very profitable, and great for nOObs, but are hardly worth the LOSI name.

That was forged on the track, not bashing around the local park.

the whole idea is to build customer loyalty

a newbie may think losi's too much of a racing company, and not want to buy one. If they model after traxxas, and what they've done it'll work well for them

look at how many revo's get sold compared to it's competitors, I bet a TON of revo owners started on rustlers and stampedes and bandits

a newbie that buys a desert truck will be more likely to buy a xxx-cr over a B4, or they'll buy a LST2 over a revo, or an 8ight over a Jammin

a full line of products starting with beginner friendly RTR's will eventually help them sell more high end kits down the road
artie's liver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

man traxxas has some cool rtr...errrrrr im mean losi.....bye bye racing....
Old 03-28-2008, 02:59 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What will they have to trade up to?

It's been almost 2 years since the Eight was released.

Yet there have been numerous RTR toy releases.

Great for Horizon, bad for Losi and those who support them.

550 Mafia.
Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Lars Johnson

My guess would be that around 90% of R/C cars sold out of hobby shops never see the track. I bashed around in the park for a few years before i started racing and - to my astonishment - my Mauri Big Bear wasn't suited for racing. The used Losi JRX-2 that i got for Christmas was, and I've owned every version of every Losi electric 1/10th scale since.

If a kid gets a Losi Desert Truck, and gets tired of chasing the cat around, and wants to go race - when he shows up to the track and sees allllllll those Losi parts on the wall, and sees that his truck isn't much different from a XXX-T, you think he'd be more inclined to just say "Nah dad, i want a T4..."? That may happen from time to time, but name brand recognition, in any industry, is huuuuge.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

Yeah Lars the complaining has gotten a little old. I will admit I was disappointed in some of their decisions, but I also realize that if I dont want it, I dont buy it and I dont go off on a fit frezy complaining about it. I mean its a toy car people, some of you guys act like RC cars will stop existing if they dont produce another race kit.

Seriously get over it.