R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-24-2008, 10:50 AM   #31
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJT4 View Post
Steeling isnt my style. I already admitted it was my fault lesson learned. The new battery is on its way and my conscience is clear. All of the blame is on me not the manufacturer.........

At the end of the day I have to be able to put my head on my pillow and know that I did the rite thing today......

Umm... do you comprehend what you read, I said they knew he over charged it and met him half way, IE: He paid $75.00 for a new one from orion. They knew it was his fault. Paying for a new battery around cost to the manufac. is not stealing.

In the end my buddy made a error he was dissapointed, Orion made it better and now we have great racing together again. Too many little girls on here....
Old 03-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Send it back to orion with some bs story of how it wasnt your fault and they will meet u half way o it. Happened with my buddy who overcharged his.

Just don't say u used a mrc charger cause they say dont use those

Well your first post clearly makes it sound like he should give Orion some BS about what happened........which in effect is stealing. You never stated in this post that he told Orion that he overcharged the battery. You just said he overcharged it

Quote:
Umm... do you comprehend what you read, I said they knew he over charged it and met him half way, IE: He paid $75.00 for a new one from orion. They knew it was his fault. Paying for a new battery around cost to the manufac. is not stealing.

In the end my buddy made a error he was dissapointed, Orion made it better and now we have great racing together again. Too many little girls on here....
You stated later in rebuttle to what Tony Newland said, that he told Orion that he overcharged it and that they would meet him halfway on a replacement. So it looks like he just didnt read your second post

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #33
Tech Initiate

From everything I read when I was looking for a lipo charger, you shouldn't use teh 977 to charge lipos. They use a different charging method than what is now recognized. you need one that does the cc/cv. I "think" there was a recall about this, (the reason orion says don't use mrc chargers). Now with the 989, which is what I use, it is ok to charge lipos because it used the cc/cv method and also has the built in safty guards.
TMXONR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #34
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
I work at a hobby shop and it seems increasingly impossible for people to just admit they screwed up.... I have people wanting to return a car, they ran into a mailbox at 40mph, with some sort of BS story how the manufacturer is responsible lol
It seems to be human nature to want something for nothing, and it is not just hobby-related.
Sales people/departments should also understand the role they play in influencing customers. People who are new to something will naturally want the fastest thing they can get, how often have you seen a salesperson talk them into something more suitable? I never have...

Quote:

In the end my buddy made a error he was dissapointed, Orion made it better and now we have great racing together again.
Manufacturer's don't have a responsibility to cover peoples stupidity, but the ones that do (even just partially) end up with a lot of loyal customers who spread the word. It is usually not difficult nor very costly (considering their cost price/retail mark-up) but few companies actually do it.
Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hmm I guess using my 977 for the last 6 months or so with my car lipos, radio lipos, receiver lipos and plane lipos is not recommended? how about all the other guys here that are using the 977 also?

like I said, no problems here with my 977 after thousands of charges.... Obviously if it was going to damage any of my packs or blow one up it would have done it by now.... all in all its up to the end user if he's playing with a torch or running his toy car.

As far as I know the programing in the 977 is the same as the 989.... I have both chargers and the only difference is you can program the 989 to store your settings, where the 977 you have to select the # of cells everytime

The Orion tech note was reffering to the 969 charger that hasnt been available for awhile now
Old 03-25-2008, 08:09 PM   #36
Tech Initiate

From my understanding, you can use the 977 to charge lipos, but it is not recomended. The 977 does charge lipos better than the 969. The bad thing about the 977 is that it does not use the cc/cv charge method. CC/CV is the industry standard charging method for lipos. According to the new ROAR rules you must charge lipos with a charger that uses the cc/cv method. I know, if you don't race at ROAR sanctioned events it won't matter, but I am just stating what I have read.
TMXONR is offline   Reply With Quote