Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Pipes?

How can someone tell what diffrences pipes are going to make? Such as the length of the pipe, the diameter, and the rate at which the cone on the pipe expands?
Old 07-14-2003, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

The longer the pipe is gives more power at lower rpm's, shorter is more power on top end or for bigger tracks. The shorter/steeper the cone is by the coupler end will give narrower powerband and it will come on harder than a longer cone which gives broader powerband. I don't know what a bigger or smaller diameter pipe does and am assuming that a steeper cone at the end of the pipe by the stinger is better for top end power. Some people have said a shorter/bigger diameter stinger is better for top end power while others have said the opposite.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If the angle at which the pipe comes from the coupler is steeper then it produces more low end. If you look at the Associated RC10GT pipe ( http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX3428&P=7 ) the angle from the couple end is steeper. Now if you look at a top end powered pipe the angle from the coupler is gradual and not steep. ( http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCKN7&P=7 ). You can see the difference in the angle from those two pipes.

Im not sure but i believe that the longer the pipe is the more HP is produced and the shorter the more torque. I think this because if the pipe is shorter than there's more back pressure, which means more low end torque.