R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default First Gen XXX-T Steering Issues

Well I am new to this hobby and I figured the best way to learn is to ask and search the internet.

Right now my truck feels as if it is pulling to the left as I accelerate and I was wondering what could be the cause of this and things I should look at when trying to troubleshoot.

I recently put in new front axles the LOSA1027 and noticed the right tire spins super freely but the left will stop about 3 seconds before the other. Now I know this could be the cause but I want to make sure about the why. The reason I replaced the axles was the old ones were allowing the rim to rub against the steering arm causing wear and tear and they would not spin freely. Also I do not feel that loosening the nuts any will be a good option due to possibility they will come off during a race or bashing.

Any help will be appreciated and if you know of an online resource where I can download or buy the first gen XXX-T RTR instruction manual that would also be wonderful.
Cybane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:03 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybane View Post
Well I am new to this hobby and I figured the best way to learn is to ask and search the internet.

Right now my truck feels as if it is pulling to the left as I accelerate and I was wondering what could be the cause of this and things I should look at when trying to troubleshoot.

I recently put in new front axles the LOSA1027 and noticed the right tire spins super freely but the left will stop about 3 seconds before the other. Now I know this could be the cause but I want to make sure about the why. The reason I replaced the axles was the old ones were allowing the rim to rub against the steering arm causing wear and tear and they would not spin freely. Also I do not feel that loosening the nuts any will be a good option due to possibility they will come off during a race or bashing.

Any help will be appreciated and if you know of an online resource where I can download or buy the first gen XXX-T RTR instruction manual that would also be wonderful.
make sure that your bearings are good. and the lock nut is not over tightened.

Then check the trim on your radio. this is most likly the problem. if the trim is set to the left it will fade that way.

For the manual http://www.losi.com/Products/Support...rodId=LOSA0090

Wells Fargo Home Team
theanimaleide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:07 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

That was the first 4 pages of the manual. I will make sure my trim is set at 0 and then make sure my steering is centered properly.

I wonder if the Sport II RTR Manual would be an acceptable replacement?
Cybane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:13 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

go to losi website
Old 03-05-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybane View Post
That was the first 4 pages of the manual. I will make sure my trim is set at 0 and then make sure my steering is centered properly.

I wonder if the Sport II RTR Manual would be an acceptable replacement?
yes it would or the mf1 would to.

Wells Fargo Home Team
theanimaleide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default Shim

It seems the XXXT had a shim on the front axles. Check the manual and see if there is to be one on each side. I may be thinking of a different truck.
nutz4rcyktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

also make sure your tie rods are the same on both sides i had the same problem and that was the problem
superdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:16 PM   #8
Super Moderator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Don't be worried about your radio trim not being exactly on 0, worry about your ride going straight. Get it close on the truck, and use the radio trim to fine tune it.
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote