Wiki Posts
Search

going from bushings to bearings

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default going from bushings to bearings

hey guys, how much of a pain is it to switch to bearings from bushings on a t3? i'm guessing that thats the major difference from a "rc10t3" and a "t3 team" truck??? does only the "team truck" come w/ the cvd's? i was maybe gonna buy a t3 truck w/ bushings and switch over to bearings, but if it doesnt come w/ cvds either, maybe i wont. any advice you can gimme would be greatly appreciated, been outta the hobby for 12 yrs. and wanna upgrade from my t2. thanks!

Last edited by jedsled; 03-02-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

In my opinion you should get a T4 Team Kit, they don't have all the bells and whistles of the Factory Team, but I like the plastic parts better as they are more forgiving, would also recommend rpm rod ends, bumper, and aluminum hinge pin brace. I would also go T4 for parts availability, I have found this out as I have a T4, B4ft, and B3 guess which one I can't just walk into the hobby shop and find parts for? Just my .02.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the advice but i already have the t3 and still need to know how difficult it is to do?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Buy a beariing kit, pop the bushings out amd put the bearings in. You will need to disassemble the trans to replace the trans bearings.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ta_man
Buy a beariing kit, pop the bushings out amd put the bearings in. You will need to disassemble the trans to replace the trans bearings.
ok, thanks... i just wanted to know what was all involved... i built my last truck- a t2 over 12 yrs. ago...