R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #31
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I also think you have to look at the intended market. For the average kid , a race is just a couple of their friends out in a parking lot. It is not a full blown go to the track and get on the driver's stand race. Its just something for them to do around the neighborhood. Plus these types of RTR's are a good way to get more people into the hobby. It will at least give them a peek into the hobby. In todays' economy we can't always get the latest and greatest. We all had to start somewhere. Traxxas is giving people a starting point. Good or bad starting point, its still a start.
tonyking73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

On a brighter note, trakpower has 3S lipos for the traxxas vxl with a traxxas connector. the people have spoken and now its here.

http://www.BulldawgRC.com
Team Driver for: Proline, Team Epic/Trinity, Hex Crew, Bulldawg R/C, Speed Demon Hobbies ~~~~TEAM CRUNCHY~~~~
Bulldawg RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I race my Rustler. I have been into r/c for over 25 years. I have raced (club level, I do it for fun) every truck Losi and Associated have made. You know what? My Rustler is just as fun, and even more durable then any of them. Every time I get tangled up with someone on the track, and a truck gets broke its not mine. I finish the race
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Here is my rtr E-Maxx 3905 soon to be upgraded to brushless system. Since this video was taken, shocks, arms and tires have been upgraded, now all it needs is bruhless to give it some juice.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cp4wylmAZCQ
espresso1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:23 PM   #35
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by velineonracer View Post
Enough bashing, start posting some rtr fun!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8qAuNDmuyE

Ok, my driving sucks (and it was the first run on a new track ) but you gotta admit the brushless with lipo power is fun!

Let's see some video postings instead of blog bashing!

Yup lets see them rtr and second that, lets start having fun.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What kind of brushless system are you buying
Old 04-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #37
Tech Master

Waiting for the www.rcx.com show to make a decision. Will be talking to different comanies that will be there, but everyone at the traxxas emaxx forum are all waiting on MMM who will be at the show. So have not made up my mind yet but hopefully in the next two weeks I will be well informed to make the right decision.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldog20 View Post
its just a target for the growing population of the hobby. nothing to sweat about it its not like that saying is neccesarly going to win races.
A race is a race right? 2 or 3 quals and a main or two? Transponders...a race announcer...AMB system...lap counter...tents and generators....right?

Emaxx gets raced in either Gearbox or Monster Truck classes at the club level. Maybe traxxas beleives they are catering to the bashers and CLUB racers with their "ready to race" statement. Who is anyone to argue against that, hmm? Just because a tiny proportion of "racers" have high end batteries, chargers, and kits and only race big 200+ entry races and know setups inside and out doesnt mean club racing is NOT racing. Everything RTR is "ready to race" as anyone can race anything at the club level. That, in my beleif, is the target market for traxxas. Club + Bashers.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote