R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RC10B4 Shock's with Bladders.

I was wondering if anyone is using bladders in the stock shocks on the car mentioned in thread title.Please olny people that have dones this before or know someone who builds his shocks this way replie,it just one of those things where I do not want to order the stuff from my not so local hobby shop to find out they were guessing,I do not have a local hobby shop and do mostly mail order.I hate trying to build the stock shocks the way it says in the book that comes with the car.I tryed years ago to use bladders in a RC10GT and bled them and they just push the shock shaft out way to far without the spring on.I would like to know if I should bleed them like a Traxxas if I use bladders.and what weight of shock oil should I use for bashing someone told me 30wt but if you can build them with bladders and bleed them will that change what weight I should use.
wade7575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Ok anyone please.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Traxxas part #1765 rubber diaphragms

Have these on my T4 and GT.

Haven't seen any diff with these!

Except my shocks won't get pregnant now!!!!

RC10GT2-E, SC5M, RC10T2, Spec-R S2, FX10
tmail55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Do you use the stock shock oil in your kit's that's recomended or do you find it if you use a bladder need's less or more weight in oil to compansate for the bladders.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

You don't need them. The kit shocks work just fine. Just ask Any factory driver. They're emlusion shocks.
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:07 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

I run the AE Bladders from sedan shocks. It's called the VCS2 shock upgrade. I love them I run them in my b4,b44,t4, and gt2 they work great. I didn't really see them improve the shocks performence just makes them last longer before a rebuild.AE Part # is 31123
wild17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:05 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Wild17 what weight of shock oil are you running in your B4 and do you think it would be good for Bashing,that's what I will be doing.I figured I would get the B4 I like the way they turn over a T4 and the guy at my shop said the buggy's turn better than the truck's,when I ran electric I mainly ran trucks's now I wanted to run electric again and so I needed to find out what turns better,thats what I was looking for.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

The base oil for a B4 is 30 front and rear

Some use 35 front 30 rear

and

Some use 30 front 25 rear

BUT those are based on the track / diving style.

30 F/R should work for bashing.

I'm selling my B4, cause I converted my T4 to a JConcept J82.

http://www.jconcepts.net/index.php?/...s_details/2607

It's a better basher than a B4, more ground clearance.

I have a Novak 4.5 brushless in mine!!!
RC10GT2-E, SC5M, RC10T2, Spec-R S2, FX10
tmail55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:38 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

you wont need bladders for bashing. as a matter of fact not using them would probably be better. the only time we really ever messed with them was on super highbite smoother tracks. From my experience I thought emulsion shocks worked better on rougher tracks. therefore for bashing I would think you would not want them. as far as shock oil goes 30 wt should work, if your hitting big air and it is bottoming out bad try going with a smaller holed piston with 30 or maybe even 35.
Mike Elam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #10
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild17 View Post
I run the AE Bladders from sedan shocks. It's called the VCS2 shock upgrade. I love them I run them in my b4,b44,t4, and gt2 they work great. I didn't really see them improve the shocks performence just makes them last longer before a rebuild.AE Part # is 31123
I run the same thing with my front and rear shocks for my academy sbv2. Also the shocks look really cool with the TC5 caps . 35Wt in the front 22.5Wt in the rear. Works well for the track I run at. Rarely have to change shock oil with that setup.
thisguy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #11
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to acyrier

I'm using the GS bladders in my T4. I think it makes the shocks easier to rebuild since you no longer try to fill the cap then mate the cap to the body. I think my shocks are more consistant this way. I use 35 front, 30 rear (associated oil), but I'm racing on ozite carpet with carpted "jumps". My setup isn't much different then the box setup for the FT.

Part# at Horizon
GSCSH10BL
(You can do a search for GSCSH10* as they come in different colors..even though you can't see them once they are installed. I use the blue ones case...err..ahh...blue is better?!

Link to video of carpted offroad.
www.michianarc.com
acyrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #12
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade7575 View Post
Wild17 what weight of shock oil are you running in your B4 and do you think it would be good for Bashing,that's what I will be doing.I figured I would get the B4 I like the way they turn over a T4 and the guy at my shop said the buggy's turn better than the truck's,when I ran electric I mainly ran trucks's now I wanted to run electric again and so I needed to find out what turns better,thats what I was looking for.

Im not really sure about bashing But They work well for racing. I run on a semi Blue groove indoor track. I run them for two reasons. first reason is They last longer before a rebuild and the other is I like the way they go together. Ive never been really good at puting non bladder shocks together the first time with no air.
wild17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:19 PM   #13
Tech Apprentice

I hate the way you are suppsed to build the B4 shocks.The main thing I Hate is the way you are supossed to push the shock shaft in and check for rebound or whatever you call it and get them to come out no more than whatever amount the book say's.I will be getting some GS racing Bladders real soon.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #14
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default No to bladders

I tried bladders for a while for consistency, ease of building etc. But I switched back because I lost grip when running bladders. I tried dropping 5 on the oil weight but found I had more grip without the bladders. I had a spare set of shocks so I could switch quickly. Oil stayed cleaner longer with bladders, but I lost grip so now I run yokomo caps to make matching easier. Just my findings, hope it helps.
DBBIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #15
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade7575 View Post
I hate the way you are suppsed to build the B4 shocks.The main thing I Hate is the way you are supossed to push the shock shaft in and check for rebound or whatever you call it and get them to come out no more than whatever amount the book say's.I will be getting some GS racing Bladders real soon.

Their simple to build , just follow your instruction's..

The bladder`s only make the shock rebound more, not a good thing...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote