R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Largest Electric series in the USA. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/208215-largest-electric-series-usa.html)

Exterminator 02-27-2008 10:14 PM

Largest Electric series in the USA.

teaser video from this years Electric Championship Tour.

5 races, 4 different tracks. single day events. 100+ entrys at each event.

Final race this Saturday at Four Seasons Raceway in Olympia WA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU6q3R32-nE

air8 02-28-2008 02:01 AM

LOL. Cool vid. Looks like some intense racing. I'd love to be a part of that.

chris_mtb 02-28-2008 02:11 AM

that racing looked incrediable
would love to go watch
im definately to shit to waste my money and a race day like that :ha:

Dave H 02-28-2008 02:58 AM

Excellent video quality, well done.

FYI, the Factory Tracks series in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois area is at least that big. 6 races, well over 100 entries. Including National Champs and many nat A mainers. They just had a trophy race with 224 entries, the Kahuna Memorial. It was a blast. Thanks to Allen Horne of Losi.

Wish I could run them both! Enjoy all.

Jason Pelletier 02-28-2008 08:05 AM

Cool vid, but whats with the definitions ??

BuggyKing 02-28-2008 08:46 AM

were do I sign. I wanna go:nod::nod::)

Casper 02-28-2008 09:00 AM

Not sure you can make that claim as largest electric series in the USA.

JBRL has 8 races at 8 different tracks and pulls in an average of 180 entries for single day events. :sneaky:

Exterminator 02-28-2008 08:16 PM

Ok sorry about largest, how about indoor series, But either way it's a whole lot of fun and very tight competition.

Need to get some Factory Kyosho guys up here next year to give the factory Associated guy that keeps taking the modified crown a run for his title.

AndyMoore 02-28-2008 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Casper (Post 4214520)
Not sure you can make that claim as largest electric series in the USA.

JBRL has 8 races at 8 different tracks and pulls in an average of 180 entries for single day events. :sneaky:

+1, I was going to mention the JBRL.

Definately a great vid, with stellar racing though!

Wild Cherry 02-28-2008 11:33 PM

ECT

Just wait another year or two....
Will be the biggest by then because in the N/w electric off-road is very popular & growing bigger ...

Casper 02-29-2008 07:03 AM

I didn't mean to harp on your parade. I am very happy to hear things are going well up there and that is an awesome series turnout. I am amazed these series' are getting such great turnouts for the entire series. I used to run the old NORRCA offroad series in the early 90's and the turnout for round one was awesome but by the end they were lucky to have 4-6 per class as the only ones left were in the points hunt. These new series seem to keep drawing crowd regardless of points. It is great to see electric strong in other parts of the country as well! :D Keep up the good work guys!;)

Exterminator 02-29-2008 07:17 AM

Casper hopefully we can get you guys to come up for some racing next year. Hodap dropped in to Tacoma RC Raceway for a weekend this year. That really helped me get my RB-5 dialed in. Unfortunatly I didn't have the SP soon enough to complete the 4wd in the series. but it hasn't lost in the series since I got it.

Casper 02-29-2008 07:38 AM

We will have to see how things go. You are up in Washington right? Does the series get down to Oregon or is it a single track series? I have some family in Eugene and might try and make the trek up to see you guys when we visit again. It might be next year though! :(

Wild Cherry 02-29-2008 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Exterminator (Post 4216707)
Casper hopefully we can get you guys to come up for some racing next year. Hodap dropped in to Tacoma RC Raceway for a weekend this year. That really helped me get my RB-5 dialed in. Unfortunatly I didn't have the SP soon enough to complete the 4wd in the series. but it hasn't lost in the series since I got it.

Maybe so, but this week-end the Ae is going to denial all K-car`s victory....

That`s
if someone could loan me a decent 10.5..... :D