R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Hard Case Lipo Saddle Pack (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/204735-hard-case-lipo-saddle-pack.html)

Stallard 02-06-2008 09:57 PM

Hard Case Lipo Saddle Pack
 
Looks like trakpower will be the first on the market with a real hard case lipo saddle pack!!!

http://www.trakpower.com/

Doughty 02-07-2008 03:42 AM

but are they ROAR legal? I know it says they are on the website.

but ROAR rules are 139x47x25.1 mm

the hight of these saddles is 30mm ?

EDIT - thats strange - one set of dimensions on the site say 70x47x20.8mm, another part says 70x47x30 ?

skelly1344 02-07-2008 07:45 AM

I don't care if any of them are ROAR legal...I just want to know where to buy them in the US. I've got 5 of their original 4900mAh packs and would love to get a hold of those 3S 5400 packs.

Jason Pelletier 02-07-2008 08:01 AM

tower carries trakpower look to them.

dr_hfuhuhurr 02-07-2008 08:10 AM

I'd like to see the bottom of it have some fake cell bumps (ala Orion 3600's) so it could fit into something like the B44 and other saddle pack cars easier.

skelly1344 02-07-2008 08:57 AM

I just got off the phone with someone at FlightpowerUSA. Apparently, these packs are debuting at the Nuremberg Toy Fair and should be available soon. FlightpowerUSA has a rather large order they are placing to get these new packs in stock to ship out to all the US distributors. I was told to call back next Monday and speak with a specific person there to find out what online retailers will likely have these ordered and in stock soon.

Noah R. 02-07-2008 09:13 AM

All I know is that I want one. Hopefully tower will get them soon.

skelly1344 02-07-2008 09:20 AM


Originally Posted by Noah R. (Post 4156275)
All I know is that I want one. Hopefully tower will get them soon.

From what I was told on the phone, they are probably at least a couple of weeks away from being available from Tower. FlightpowerUSA is placing their order for them now. Once they receive them, then they'll go out to the distributors, then on to the retailers. Since Tower is owned by a distributor (Great Planes), they may be one of the quickest to get them in stock.

Tony Newland 02-07-2008 10:41 AM

amainhobbies.com carries trakpower

thisguy80 02-07-2008 12:33 PM

FYI the new Team Checkpoint 2cell 5400 mah batteries are made by trakpower. They look and feel exactly like the trakpower 4900 mah batteries except for the metallic red finish of course. :blush:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTPJ4&P=ML

Wished they came out with those saddle packs 3 months ago though :cry:

KR145 02-07-2008 12:40 PM

Max Amps
 
http://www.maxamps.com/

Max amps sells hard case lipo's.I just got the 4000mah hard case saddle pack for my B44.:nod: great service.

Jason Pelletier 02-07-2008 12:48 PM


Originally Posted by KR145 (Post 4156758)
http://www.maxamps.com/

Max amps sells hard case lipo's.I just got the 4000mah hard case saddle pack for my B44.:nod: great service.

Maxamps is garbage.

Noah R. 02-07-2008 12:51 PM


Originally Posted by skelly1344 (Post 4156293)
From what I was told on the phone, they are probably at least a couple of weeks away from being available from Tower. FlightpowerUSA is placing their order for them now. Once they receive them, then they'll go out to the distributors, then on to the retailers. Since Tower is owned by a distributor (Great Planes), they may be one of the quickest to get them in stock.

Watch them sell out in the first hour, and I try to order it after an hour and 10 minutes :cry:

mguebert69 02-07-2008 12:51 PM


Originally Posted by RB FIVE (Post 4156782)
Maxamps is garbage.

I think that's a bit harsh, we have several people at our track running them (myself included) and have not had any problems with them.

pink_sleeve 02-07-2008 01:10 PM


Originally Posted by mguebert69 (Post 4156792)
I think that's a bit harsh, we have several people at our track running them (myself included) and have not had any problems with them.

maxamps go soft and make a 5.5 feel like a 7.5 in about a month :flaming:


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:22 AM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.6
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.