Wiki Posts
Search

MF2/CR

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default MF2/CR

I'm trying to decide which to buy to replace my MF1. I also have a BK2, so are any parts interchangable? Is one truck better then the other? One benefit to me is the MF2 can use the same rims and tires I already have and I have a bunch or rims not glued yet.
James
Old 02-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ive got an MF2 with the t-cr chassis on it .........................best truck ive owned yet..................at our track its slicks or pink tapers
last night i went 16 sec fast than the fastest t-cr

plus ive got 2 other stock mf 2's also..................nice tuff truck
Old 02-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I run an AE buggy...but I'm going back to my Losi roots next week when I get my new Losi truck. AE puts out a good truck, but my losi was just an animal! MF1 w/ MF2 arms only.....BEAST!

I'm not sure what combination of the 3 trucks i'm going to employ for this new truck, but i'll have some fun with it.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Go for the new XXXTCR! You'll like it.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

For the most part, i really like my XXXT-CR, the only draw back I see is the fact that your stuck with the quick change/drive assembly. Meaning, at least with the MF2, you can change from the kit parts to aluminum dog bones to MIP CVD's to the composite outdrives, which you can get for the XXXT-CR. The advantage for me is from track to track, you had more tuning options for grip. Other then that the truck is great.........
Old 02-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Suspended

Default TEAM LOSI RACING RULES!

MF1 HYBRID MF1 CHASSIS MF2 OR T-CR ARMS QUICK CHANGE HUBZ CR TRANNY PARTS T-CR FRONT CASTER BLOCKS REAR EITHER BUGGY HUBZ OR THE QUICK CHANGE FROM THE T-CR PRETTY MUCH DIALED!

But with just changing the mf1 arms to the mf2 arms is a big improvement! good luck!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One of the other things is I don't want the quick change hubs because of how many nip rims and tires I have and haven't used. They will work on the MF1 (which I currently have) and MF2 but not a CR kit because of those quick change hubs unless I'm wrong.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

If you are happy w/ your mf1 then I would replace the rear shock tower w/ the rtrs shock towre & replace the chasis w/ the crs chasis. This should make your truck faster & not cost much to do either.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what hubs, axles and bones do i need to run to put a gen 1 trans in a mf2 i have all the parts from the mf2 and the trans bottom plate and arm mount from a gen 1 car. I just could not get the mf2 trans to work right
Old 02-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Get the black tranny case and the original xxx gears that go inside. The bearings from the MF2 are the same. Get the original T plate and pivot support (I think that's what you said you already have). You can run the MF2 hubs and arms. Then you need the original XXXT dogbones and axles. That's all you need!