Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #121
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

MEOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC25000 View Post
How often does the Servo need to come out? It's the only thing that appears possibly difficult.

RX requires removal of undertray and double sided tape.

ESC will require removal of undertray and double sided tape.

Motor will require removal of undertray and the 2 motor screws, appears that simple to me.

None of those will even require removal of the undertray depending on how you cut and mount it I bet.

NIMHs come out with 4 little clips.

Lipo takes 2 little clips.

The spur, it appears that may be a one screw job, which if it is, is amazing for a 4wd buggy and I'm very proud of Schumacher for that design.

Now of course I could be wrong, but this is what I see in the pictures.

It took me 30+ minutes to change a spur gear in my BJ4 the other day, and you can barely remove the motor without taking the entire motor mount out (20+ minute job) and I'm no slouch. I can not wait to have a car as easy to work on as the CAT
Old 03-20-2008, 02:33 PM   #122
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
MEOW!!
what's that mean, Adam? Is that the war cry for all the new CAT drivers?

As an added note, cramped equals high performance. Compare a nascar to an F1 car. Compare a XXX-4 to an S4. Slim, compact, "cramped" cars perform better
HVAC25000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to stulec52 Send a message via AIM to stulec52

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC25000 View Post

As an added note, cramped equals high performance. Compare a nascar to an F1 car. Compare a XXX-4 to an S4. Slim, compact, "cramped" cars perform better

eh?
comparing NASCAR to F1?
that makes no sense at all.
comparing an older XXX4 to a new S4, a bit silly too.
cramped is better?

hmm, can't say I agree with any of that.

Mind you, on looks alone the SX is not the same as everything else out there to say the least.
There's a lot going on there.
How has the car been running?
anyone driven it yet, or seen it in action?

I am currently trying to convince my local hobby store to support the car as being the only 1 guy at a track running a Scumacher is hard work !
Old 03-20-2008, 04:56 PM   #124
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Tell your shop it wont be hard to get parts, we have Canadian distributors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulec52 View Post
eh?
comparing NASCAR to F1?
cramped is better?

Mind you, on looks alone the SX is not the same as everything else out there to say the least.

I am currently trying to convince my local hobby store to support the car as being the only 1 guy at a track running a Scumacher is hard work !
Old 03-20-2008, 05:07 PM   #125
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That thing is almost as ugly as a Losi
beast95451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #126
Tech Fanatic

car looks great.the only problem is the belts and diiffs arent sealed.major problem for loose dusty tracks?
eddie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:35 PM   #127
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm already on the list, but add me for a lipo car. I'm in!
Old 03-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #128
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie10 View Post
car looks great.the only problem is the belts and diiffs arent sealed.major problem for loose dusty tracks?
Not really a problem. With body & undertray it should seal up the whole buggy pretty good. Besides it looks like the diffs are enclosed.....partially
Old 03-20-2008, 06:42 PM   #129
Tech Addict

Buggy it may be, Off-Roader it is not.
Metla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #130
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metla View Post
Buggy it may be, Off-Roader it is not.
Why? I suppose the 501X (with it's exposed belts) is not good offroad buggy either, huh?
Old 03-20-2008, 06:58 PM   #131
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm absolutely shocked they didnt try to seal the drive train better. It would be nice if it had an inner body like the old HPI rally cars.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:18 PM   #132
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

With the under body, that drive train will be as sealed as it can be unless you go to a XX4 or XXX4 type drivetrain. It won't be a problem.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:19 PM   #133
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
Tell your shop it wont be hard to get parts, we have Canadian distributors!

If you PM me that info Adam, I'll get it to my local store and push them on the idea.
I know they have in the past carried Schumacher stuff, and the boss in the RC car section is a big fan of electric off road, so I'm sure I can tempt him !

thanks
Old 03-20-2008, 07:22 PM   #134
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr View Post
It won't be a problem.
No way you can state that it won't be a problem.
I suspect on clean UK grass tracks it won't be much of an issue, but a body to undertray seal will never be 100% sealed, it's just not possible.

Still, I do want one, and can't wait to see how it does.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #135
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulec52 View Post
eh?
comparing NASCAR to F1?
cramped is better?

Jeeze, some people, I swear. The internet just brings out the "I'm smarter than you and I'm right even though I have no proof" in everyone, doesn't it? He manages to claim that I'm wrong, and offers no proof.

Stool, Congrats dude, you're debating skills have made it to 3rd grade status. Now go cry to your mommy because you're probably going to think I'm a mean person when I explain this to you.

Age is irrelevant... I have no clue why you think it is. You must be 12 or something, because anyone over 20 has enough common sense to know that r/c cars are not technological marvels in this world.

We went to the moon in the 60s, technology was that advanced then, do you realize what a feat that is compared to designing an r/c car? Or did you not know we went to the moon, have you made it that far in school?

Is suspension some kind of new invention, belts mind boggling, differentials a mystery of god? lmao no dude, all it would have taken to design this car 15 years ago was getting REAL engineers and real car guys (the kind you ride around in, like your mommy and daddy drive) together, (not r/c car guys that think they know what they're doing because they're copying what everyone did before them (Associated's present state)), explaining to them what the car needed to do, and let them have at it. Maybe to a non-engineer type mind this doesn't make sense but the design is common sense, people didn't just invent common sense last year. Engineers built a space going, life supporting, 25 thousand mile per hour vehicle 50 years ago, that's a bit more complicated than a car. But apparently some how time has something to do with it? You're the one that makes no sense

In case you didn't notice, F1 cars outperform Nascars by 3-4x. Just because they have the same top speed doesn't mean they get there in the same amount of time or by the same means, nor does it mean they can do the same things at that speed. Do you think that's because Nascars are giant clunky boxes, or is it for some other imaginary reason that you've made up? Even DTM doesn't come close to F1, and they're as advanced as sedans can get. But apparently it has nothing to do with the fact that sedans, DTM, Nascar, etc etc are big and clunky, and F1s are small cramped and advanced? Yea, makes no sense, I know! Open wheels cars are faster than anything closed wheel aside from LMPs which are just open wheel cars with fairings. Shocking that it's magic like that, the small cramped cars are faster and handle better than the big clunky ones. My god! It's baffling!!!!

I hope some day I realize that small is better than big like you have, oh wait, you haven't. Silly since there's a ****ing abundance of information that proves small is better than big.

What performs better, a giant car or a small car? Ever seen an original Mini Cooper on a track? Probably don't even know what an original one looks like..... Anyways, the things are mad. Like a gocart. Now what about, say, a Cadillac? No matter what you did to it, it would NEVER out handle the stock mini. Why? It's big, it's clunky, it's heavy.

XXX-4, wide, clunky. S4, slim, and just all around better. And fine, make age relevant, compare it to the BJ4WE, a car of today. The WE is still clunky, and compared to a cramped car like the S4 or the CAT, it's just a bad car. Why do you think no one runs the WE in Europe anymore and everyone runs an S4 even though it costs an extra $500 to turn a WE into one, making total rolling car cost around a thousand? There's almost no changes to the car aside from shock placement, it being slim, and slightly weight forward. I erally doubt the shock placement is what makes it work so much better. Weight forward, however, is a by product of slim, and slim help alone, so when you make a slim car, you get a slim/weight forward car, you get a better car.

If cramped wasn't better then the S4, M4D, Aero, CAT, and S500 wouldn't be cramped. Get over it dude, a slim car handles better because there's no weight hanging way out there near the wheels. If you want a bs argument where you can win by saying asinine things like "that's silly!" without offering ANY proof, go hang out in san francisco and argue whose myspace is cooler.

And just so you know, I'm going to ignore you from now on, by clicking that ignore button, because seriously, if you don't understand by now, there is literally no hope for you and you're doomed to a life of "Would you like fries with that?", and in all honesty I'm betting that you still think cramped, small, skinny, lightweight cars out handle big, heavy, clunky cars for no apparent reason.
HVAC25000 is offline   Reply With Quote