Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T4 white front wheels discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default T4 white front wheels discontinued?

Was looking into some T4 whilte front wheels but saw on losipartshouse they were discontinued.

Anyone else see this? Any ideas on if the wheels were discontinued?
Old 01-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

The latest kits now include GT2 FT white wheels, so i guess that means they are now genuine spare wheels for T4's too.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cain
Was looking into some T4 whilte front wheels but saw on losipartshouse they were discontinued.

Anyone else see this? Any ideas on if the wheels were discontinued?

I think the T4 wheels have been replaced by the GT2 white rims. Since AE is now making rims for all their cars it just makes sense to have the T4 and GT2 be one in the same. There is no difference in the off set or anything else with the two rims.

Just a side note, I have updated my T4 rear hubs to the quick release rims so that all I need to carry is GT2 rims for my T4, GT2. This also helps because I can use tire/rims on either truck.

Hope that helps

Kevin Boyle
Old 01-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Legend

Thanks for the info guys. Was worried that the GT2 fronts are different than T4 fronts.

Only thing that is odd is the rim seems to cost more than the previous rim.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Not to stirr the pot, but does anyone think this may be a closer step to getting a b5/t5?

They are consolidating the front rims, to fit both trucks and on the FT Kits they are no longer including the Carbon Chassis. I know most guys changed it any way, and having the wheels interchangable makes sence because many drivers own both trucks. But why did they weight 5 ish years to do so?

Just a thought, all of the consolidating and changing of the kits or components could mean they are trying to use up what they already have on hand, because there scaling back on production in anticapation for a new release.

Though the T4/B4 is still on top of its game, it has been a number of years since the release of a new or updated Buggy or Truck.

(not including the b44)

Just a thought, that does have merrit.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Thanks for the info guys. Was worried that the GT2 fronts are different than T4 fronts.

Only thing that is odd is the rim seems to cost more than the previous rim.
Don't worry Cain, look at the bearing spacer in a T4 wheel and in a gt2 wheel. The gt2 wheel will greatly outlast the T4 wheel. Guess that doesn't matter unless you reuse wheels like I do. Heck I had a T4 wheel come off the bearings once and it actually passed my own truck!! The bearings and wheel nut were still on the axle. Was quite funny.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:47 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T
Not to stirr the pot, but does anyone think this may be a closer step to getting a b5/t5?

They are consolidating the front rims, to fit both trucks and on the FT Kits they are no longer including the Carbon Chassis. I know most guys changed it any way, and having the wheels interchangable makes sence because many drivers own both trucks. But why did they weight 5 ish years to do so?

Just a thought, all of the consolidating and changing of the kits or components could mean they are trying to use up what they already have on hand, because there scaling back on production in anticapation for a new release.

Though the T4/B4 is still on top of its game, it has been a number of years since the release of a new or updated Buggy or Truck.

(not including the b44)

Just a thought, that does have merrit.
I don't think so. AE changed rims because the T4 rims were bought from Pro-Line and the new ones, they make theyselves.. hence better margin. The shock shafts/bodies changes from outsource to in-house at Thunder Tiger and the Box I assume the same. That is most of the reason for the "changes" which I like to call "Improvements"!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Legend

Great. I'll be placing some orders here soon for wheels. Will be strange, this will be like my 6th T4
Old 01-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

blah blah about the plastic chassis, my t4 works great with the graphite one. But yet the stock t4 wheels are terrible i am glad they switched it up cause that was a complaint of mine, everything else is fine. i have 4.5 ounces under my battery with zero issues. great truck.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:40 PM
LC
Tech Apprentice

Assoc.part#7486 fronts 7487 rears just picked up some.They are the same as came in the new kit.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My T4 is from last year and hence has the graphite chassis, I never really noticed any "nervousness" from it, but I have one of the newer b4 ft kits with the plastic chassis and I will say the car is so easy to drive--I wouldn't mind getting a plastic chassis for my T4. Its not like the plastic is "floppy" compared to the graphite. They are both pretty stiff, its just the plastic (composite) has just the right amount of give.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im interested in getting a stadium just to ramp alittle and run on the pavement would it bee a good truck to get for this or should i go losi?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

what parts would I need to give my truck quick release hubs in the rear so I can use the same wheels front and rear?

thanks in advance
Old 01-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Now they just need to make the rears work up front as well.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wikedgmc
what parts would I need to give my truck quick release hubs in the rear so I can use the same wheels front and rear?

thanks in advance

The Posi Lock system works on the rear rims only. Most of Factory guys have updated their T4. I think the Posi Lock system is most convenient when trying to get the rear dialed at a new track.

Some of the team drivers have also mounted up Holeshots or Double Dees (JConcepts Tire ) using the standard front rims.

I hope that helps? Here is the part number to upgrade your T4 to the Posi Lock system.

#7988, Posi-Lock Quick-Change Truck Conversion Kit. No more screwing and unscrewing nuts to install your wheels! For GT, T4 (“AE” trucks with MIP-style CVDs axles)
Retail: $45.00

Thanks
Kevin Boyle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.