R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-22-2008, 07:40 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Sintered rotors?

All of Novak's GTB/Velociti combos come with sintered rotors and have for some time. Novak has a better reliability record and good service here in the US. I don't know how smooth a LRP must be but the Novaks I have used for the last 2.5 years are all (I have 3) extremely smooth. The throttle curve on any speed control can be adjusted and controlled with the exponential adjustment on the transmitter. My non sintered rotor 6.5's (also 2.5 years old) are still too strong for both 4wd and stadium trucks I have them in my opinion. The Novak GTB is the overwhelming favorite speed contron in my area and I have never once seen one go bad, ever. The GTB's footprint with the big power cap is larger but I can live with it to know that these will last longer than I care to keep them.

I pay for all my Novak stuff.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to zardoz Send a message via AIM to zardoz Send a message via MSN to zardoz Send a message via Yahoo to zardoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRorange View Post
What do you think is about right for a 4WD buggy on a medium size track?
I would probably run either a 5.5 or 6.5 myself.
AE RC8T FT
Team Holy Rollers
zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

In the wheeler the LRP sphere TC spec and an orion 5.5 your covered for any track built.

"centered rotor" come on eide, i thought you're mister big sponsored guy now. I know who not ask about orion products
schmelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

dude. 4wd? 5.5 lrp w/ sintered or 5.5 novak. 4wds need speed because they have the traction and steering.
SmItH_aLeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to chewiefttc4 Send a message via Yahoo to chewiefttc4

mamba max 5700 and with the new update on the mamba max you have to try really hard to get it to cogg not that cogging in racing a was super noticable in the first place
chewiefttc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:41 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmelme View Post
In the wheeler the LRP sphere TC spec and an orion 5.5 your covered for any track built.

"centered rotor" come on eide, i thought you're mister big sponsored guy now. I know who not ask about orion products
why cause i spelled it wrong, get over it.

Wells Fargo Home Team
theanimaleide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:55 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to chewiefttc4 Send a message via Yahoo to chewiefttc4

is the for sale in your sig.. front and rear ends because of the triple at crcrc ?
lol
chewiefttc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:52 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmItH_aLeX View Post
dude. 4wd? 5.5 lrp w/ sintered or 5.5 novak. 4wds need speed because they have the traction and steering.
LOL. That's funny.

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:10 AM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiefttc4 View Post
is the for sale in your sig.. front and rear ends because of the triple at crcrc ?
lol
yes and i went to running kyosho, that was a bad weekend for me in buggy, ill throw in 2-3 broken chassis for free if you want.

Wells Fargo Home Team
Old 01-23-2008, 09:16 AM   #25
Tech Rookie

In addition to the sintered rotor the Orion motors have a detachable sensor wire, not having to re-route that mess of wires every time you take the motor out is a major plus. Orion also sells different lengths of sensor wires so you can make the wiring job as neat as possible, another plus, especially for 4wd. Oh yeah, I'm sure the built in cooling fan would be of some benefit in a wheeler where airflow to the motor is restricted. The 6.5 Vortex in my truck never tops 100*. As far as I can tell there really is no other choice.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:33 PM   #26
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicholas View Post
In addition to the sintered rotor the Orion motors have a detachable sensor wire, not having to re-route that mess of wires every time you take the motor out is a major plus. Orion also sells different lengths of sensor wires so you can make the wiring job as neat as possible, another plus, especially for 4wd. Oh yeah, I'm sure the built in cooling fan would be of some benefit in a wheeler where airflow to the motor is restricted. The 6.5 Vortex in my truck never tops 100*. As far as I can tell there really is no other choice.
yeah that detachable wire is really nice to have..

Wells Fargo Home Team
Old 01-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I decided to go with the GTB and 6.5 setup for my ZX-5 SP They been around the longest thus far and seem to have the bugs worked out of there products.
22dasher is offline   Reply With Quote