R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   T-Maxx Converting to E-Maxx (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/202146-t-maxx-converting-e-maxx.html)

I LIKE IT XXX 01-21-2008 08:51 PM

T-Maxx Converting to E-Maxx

I have an older 2.5 T-Maxx and want to conver it to a E-Maxx with brushless motors. Does anybody know of a kit to do this or do I have to buy individual parts.

artie's liver 01-21-2008 10:02 PM

really, by the time you spend the money for all the stuff you'll need you could just buy an emaxx

I recently converted a revo to e-revo and the conversion (without battery costs) was more than a new emaxx

rockstar81 01-22-2008 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by artie's liver (Post 4103681)
really, by the time you spend the money for all the stuff you'll need you could just buy an emaxx

I recently converted a revo to e-revo and the conversion (without battery costs) was more than a new emaxx

Really.... I just got through converting mine a few weeks ago and it only cost me about $150 for a roller of ebay, forward only and single speed conversions for the tranny, cnc motor plate (my boss made it) and I had a battery tray. I alredy had the brushless combo and radio and receiver. By the way it runs awesome with a velineon motor, MM esc and 3s lipo geared really low temps are lower than mm5700 in my stabium truck. Top speed 35-40 could easily do more with gearing but it is good for me. :sneaky::nod:

artie's liver 01-22-2008 09:07 AM

just because you already have parts doesn't make them free, it just means that you've already paid for them

I didn't go the cheapest route but
tekno conversion $130 (pre-ordered for discount), could
MM esc $120 (I already had, but that's what it cost)
9XL motor $70

just that is about the same as an emaxx

rockstar81 01-22-2008 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by artie's liver (Post 4105028)
just because you already have parts doesn't make them free, it just means that you've already paid for them

I didn't go the cheapest route but
tekno conversion $130 (pre-ordered for discount), could
MM esc $120 (I already had, but that's what it cost)
9XL motor $70

just that is about the same as an emaxx

Just making a example, most of the time you can find a t-maxx roller in the 90-110 range and an e-maxx about 175+ plus if he has it he should just need a few parts and of course a brushless system. My friends e-maxx weighs about 3/4 to 1lb more than my maxx when rtr. Not trying to be argumentative just really like mine and it itself didn't cost me much to do.:nod:

I LIKE IT XXX 01-22-2008 10:14 AM

I already have a T-Maxx with servos and receiver, plus an extra GTB and 6.5 BL motor. Now I just need a kit to put everything in the right places.

joe_jenkins 01-22-2008 10:15 AM

why not just buy a new kit?? :confused:

rockstar81 01-22-2008 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by I LIKE IT XXX (Post 4105241)
I already have a T-Maxx with servos and receiver, plus an extra GTB and 6.5 BL motor. Now I just need a kit to put everything in the right places.

Sounds like you are already half way there! :nod: