R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-25-2003, 05:25 PM   #16
Tech Regular

You cant go wrong with the Evader, its fast, durable, has good handling, a FUTABA radio, and you get the 1 year stress tech warranty, so it wont cost you $$$ if you crash
I think that the evader is by far the best entry level you can buy.
Its quite similar to the Losi XXTcr, but has a slightly different design on the parts. The plastics is also a little more flexible than others, so it will hold upp for most crashes!

But if you want to aim higher and want to start compete then the T3 RTR is probably the best choice, but you`ll get a lower spec radio (hitec lynx, right?)
Hatebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 06:25 PM   #17
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986

Quote:
But if you want to aim higher and want to start compete then the T3 RTR is probably the best choice, but you`ll get a lower spec radio (hitec lynx, right?)
Finally, something I can relate to! No it's a Jaguar (T2P?) I think it's made by Thunder Tiger. BTW, I think DuraTrax is out, basically because the LHS(HobbyPeople) doesn't carry them. I think He's a little interested in either a T3 or... a 'Pede, I think. He's like me, he doesn't set his mind on one thing, and stick with it. (When I bought a t3, I went from XXXT to Rusty, to HPI MT, to MST-1, and finally to T3! )

Last edited by LosiFromHell986; 06-25-2003 at 06:31 PM.
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 08:56 AM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Read my review on my website for the XXXT. I wrote it truthfully, and didn't just say it was goody goody, there are some weak spots, but the T3 and anything else just has more..in my mind.
thousandAnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 09:58 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would go for the RC10T3.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rccartips/
http://www.facebook.com/RCCarTipsFan
rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 05:50 PM   #20
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986

I think He's goin for a T3, but he doesnt know about the T4, so maybe He'll Buy that.... I dont know, I havent talked to him for awhile... He's being annoying as hell!! I havent heard from him lately, so maybe he changed his mind?
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 12:37 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Losi from hell-

For the first. I reccommend that your friend get the rtr (sport level kit)
. If nitro-The rustler, or if electric the Duratrax truck.
I don't recommend spending a ton of money on a competition quality kit for a first truck, and premium accessories because your friend may decide 6 months from now that he or she no longer likes the hobby and get out of r/c.
Maybe your friend may decide that they are not interested in racing. Maybe they just want to drive it at the baseball diamonds. who knows?
Everyone has to start somewhere, and a rtr is not a bad place to start.

chris
threeEwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 02:15 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Traxxas trucks, except the MAXXES, have never been in my books. They, to me, look so cheezy. I don't have one or never have, but that is the way they look to me, they may be different. Duratrax hasen't appealed either. Not saying this is true, but...DuraTrash?! My opinion, like anything, is this: If you are going to buy something, do it the right way the first time. By that I mean do not by a cheap, under-$100 truck for your first (or your friend's in this case). Get a nice one from the start. If you get a cheezy one, then you'll just have to get a nice one sooner or later, and then all that money you put into the cheezy truck could of gone into the nice truck.
thousandAnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote