R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-21-2003, 09:10 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

suggestions for hop ups for a hyper 7 pr0?

any suggestions for; pipes, engines, anything ? thanks
poonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 12:07 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

tell us what you want to do with your buggy....
are you clearing the jumps? do you want more top than bottom or vice-versa? What is your engine/pipe combo and clutch setup right now? what kind of track are you running ? is a large and flowing track (high speed) with close jumps?

..... we need information from you ....before we suggest anything to you.
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 09:13 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

we usually drive at our local bmx track and rc track. the rc track is tight twisty sections with doubles and triples . there is a table top at the start and finish. the bmx track is much longer and wider to run on and its usually all big air. i replace the frt and rear hubs with the cnc machined hubs versus the stock cast front and plastic rear. my shock towers and radio tray are still carbon. my front and rear diff's are stock, and my centre diff is torsen. i'm looking to replace the hyper .21 8 port with a non pull start as well. this is my first buggy so please be patient with my silly questions. thanks
Old 06-22-2003, 09:57 PM   #4
Tech Elite

...believe me those aren't silly questions.

The Hyper engines are really good good engines....they can keep up with the high calibre engines out there...if properly tuned How many gallons have you gone through with your old one? ...going to a non pull is a good move if you're gonna race....taking out the pull start will make your car lighter.

Why did you change to torsens? How did it affect handling compared to using ordinary diffs?
Old 06-23-2003, 05:59 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 07:19 AM.
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 12:57 PM   #6
Tech Elite

LSD diff doesn't work for my driving style. I switched to all regular diff in my K2....right now I am using 3/7/5.....rear having the thicker oil than the front. ...the factory guys asked me if I have enough steering with my setup when in fact I have lots of it. I swithed both ends because before my rear was so loose coming in and out of the corners. I am faster with my setup right now.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:21 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 07:18 AM.
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 03:35 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

ON a smooth track ( no talking about jumps) a torsen can be a great thing. on a track with any kind of texture they suck. In my k2 I run lsd,7000,1000 20 degree hubs and it is completely hooked up. I have a very slight off power very low speed push but I will change to lsd black oil instead of the red oil and that should take care of it. As for the hyper almost all setup like used on the k car will be very similar infact the diff and stuff are interchangable. I would recomend cnc front knuckles and that is about it. If you break something then maybe think about upgrading the h7 is a good buggy and doesn't need much.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 11:05 PM   #9
Tech Apprentice

i currently have about 15-18 tanks on break in. the torsen centre seems to work great for how i drive. but then again i'm really new to this nitro offroad thing, the local guys at the track seem to just like the torsen centre diff. but they say that by putting on the front makes it really twitchy? i have a rb 86 inline on order, and the currently running a hyper.21 8 port ps. i still need to pick up the cnc knuckles for the front. can you use the ofna 9.5 shock towers? or does anyone else make hop up parts for the hyper 7pro? does anyone have that new trinity .27 pro or race engine?
Old 06-25-2003, 12:37 AM   #10
pne
Tech Adept

y not get the ofna copy of the rb 086? its the same pipe only made by ofna and cheaper. its a lot tougher too. i would say take out the center torsen if your track is tight and twisty. esp if you're going to the bmx track. for pure racing on hard packed large tracks they are good but they are hard to maintain and rebuild. a normal center will give you less headaches. you should be cleaning out and relubing that torsen every 5 hours of use btw.
pne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 01:25 AM   #11
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by poonstar
can you use the ofna 9.5 shock towers? or does anyone else make hop up parts for the hyper 7pro?
i just picked up a hyper 7 pbs about a couple months back, and i can't believe i waited this long to get an 1/8 scale buggy - this class of driving kicks ass!

so far, i've completely rebuilt the car. i upgraded to all the paul coleman racing parts, acer ceramic bearings, and best of all, rb c-5, rd logic pipe w/ a power adaptor.

i don't think 9.5 parts are interchangeable, but i think you'll be impressed with the paul coleman components - very trick machined aluminum! check out ofna.com or nitrohouse.com, they'll have all you need to upgrade.

oh yeah, i'm using mugen grey springs, they feel more progressive the stock springs.

anyway, good luck and i hope you're enjoying your toy as much as i am.
DickemDown is offline   Reply With Quote