Search

TeamLosi(Junk or NOT!) Come Vote

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Questions?? TeamLosi(Junk or NOT!) Come Vote

Hello,

Ok TeamLosi just came out with the Speed-T Last night.
Now i know wene i first started R/C TeamLosi had some really good racing kit's etc..But now like a lot of other people have been saying they are comeing out with stupid RTR Vehicle's and are not race worthy.

Some say Losi should go to walmart ( LOL ) and i will agree with that also unless they start coming out with some race worthy kit's or maybe even a race worthy rtr model like an Brushless 8ight or something along that line maybe.

So do you agree that losi is starting to become walmart material and not race worthy????Or do you disagree and why?

Agree OR Disagree

Thnx,
Old 01-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

i agree that some of losi products are not that good

but losi is still a very good company that makes some strong cars

but yes, i think losi is going down the drain coming out with all of these rtr's and other stuff

that is what i think about losi
Old 01-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Some people need to get in touch with REALITY.

Seriously.

I am starting to get sick and tired of people whining about RTRs and comparing them to the crap you get at Walmart. You all need to grow up. Traxxas and Losi RTRs are a big step above the crap you get in box stores.

RTRs are what sell. For every hardcore racer out there, there are 10-20 bashers who just want to have fun. Like it or not that IS the RC market. Period. It is those RTRs and those bashers that ALLOW companies to spend money on racing programs/vehicles. Get used to that fact.

RC has grown astronomically in the 20+ years I have been racing. It hasn't grown for ANY reason OTHER than the birth of the RTR market. RTRs make RC approachable for the masses. Losi tapped into that market and went a new direction. Deal with it.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

First your title of this this tread is flawed from the beginning. This truck was released under Losi not Team Losi. The products that are released under Team Losi are the competition cars and truck.

Walmart LOL give me a break, you will see Traxxas on the shelves at Walmart long before you will ever see a Losi product there. Stop hating guys geez. I love Corvettes, it doesn't mean that any time Chevy puts out something that is not of the same quality I go off on some anti Chevy, Chevy sucks rant.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Losi and team losi are the same bro, Wheres the new 4wheel and what does team losi got ? the cr and cr truck. The eight's i hear are good but even those are rtr and rollers. Losi has 8 page adds in rccaraction with rtr this micro that balh blah. they pride them selves on rtr with 2.4ghz and lipo. Hardly a race company anymore. Look at the tire packages now. the say "Losi". Sell outs.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

I hope they do gain 20 new people to the hobby with these RTR pieces of crap, because the RTR revolution is driving me out of the hobby. I don't need any more $20 radio systems, but I don't need a $600 race car either. What ever happened to the Non-pro version of a KIT? What ever happened to making a trans that can handle more than a spec motor worth of power? Neither Losi or Associated has caught onto this, not even in the RTR market. HPI has, they make a fun metal trans with a sealed diff for and ELECTRIC truck. Unfortunately I dont want that $20 RTR radio either. I would like the truck, but I am not going to pay another $100 for a junk radio, and junk ESC, and a junk, sealed, brushed motor.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Agree or Disagree?

Agree
Old 01-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Losi and team losi are the same bro
If you are referring that to me yes i know that they are the same i just put Teamlosi or Losi for short.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

I know they are the same company. The XXXT-CR comes with a Team Losi logo on the box and the RTR's don't. See for yourself on their product page. http://www.losi.com/Products/Start.aspx notice how all the true racing stuff is still under the Team Losi brand? That is just a minor detail I know but it's how Losi is marketing their stuff. They are not claiming this to be a race truck.

I see no reason why RTR's would chase anybody out of the hobby. If your into racing and know what your looking for in a product you simply buy the product that fits your needs. Why would some other product that you have no interest in chase you out of the hobby? That makes no sense at all.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mike Marshall
First your title of this this tread is flawed from the beginning. This truck was released under Losi not Team Losi. The products that are released under Team Losi are the competition cars and truck.

Naa to this statement.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Well thats really not important anyway. The new CR truck is doing very well at the tracks, Losi, Team Losi or whatever you want to call it is not dead.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

why does there need to be a 3rd thread about this
Old 01-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lars Johnson
why does there need to be a 3rd thread about this
+1
Old 01-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

People, like the whiners in this thread and their mental attitude are what make others not want to either start racing or continue racing.Your the type at the track that don't understand what reality is. R/c racing is a very small segment of this hobby and you think the world revolves around you.Shame on Losi and Traxxas for actually trying to make a dollar Stupid thread. Stupid self centered whiners.Get over it already. I am more then sure some of you were the ones who stayed up until midnight just to see if Losi made a car specifically for your racing needs. Intelligent people already knew it wasn't a RACE vehicle.If it were,we would have prior knowledge of it's testing.You could have went to bed earlier.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They seem to be doing fine. Maybe they are laying low for awhile on the development. Who knows what they might be working on. You know, Team Associated and Kyosho have RTR's too. The companies need to make money to do development...just like real car companies. Gotta sell to the public to support the race team. That's how a lot of companies get started.

I don't see the point of this thread anyway. If you don't like Losi then don't buy it. Why burn them at the stake on rctech?

One more thing, the comment about Losi selling out is hilarious. What are they some punk band? God forbid a company that sells toy cars is in business to make some money. If I was in the business of manufacturing RC kits and could triple or quadruple my income by selling a few RTR's I would be stupid not to do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.