Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TeamLosi(Junk or NOT!) Come Vote >

TeamLosi(Junk or NOT!) Come Vote

TeamLosi(Junk or NOT!) Come Vote

Old 07-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Wolf, your going to love the DT gear diff. I've had mine for over a week in my xxxt 7700 mamba lipo and have beat it to death. VERY tough. IMO works way better than the ball diff, you have to run the ball diff so tight with lipo. Remeber to get the DT diff cases as well, they are different. I get a kick out of these people... Bottom line is this Losi RTRs are the best value out there. Spektrum radios, can swap parts with race kits (same stuff different material), and a race proven design (same truck). The $229 desert truck RTR is a bargain and a great truck. Thanks Losi I love my xxxt RTR. It got me in the hobby fairly cheap and It has been a fantastic truck for the last year and a half.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default re

omg this car rocks the dt diff is sweet

nice and fast to
i have offroad tyres on it now and its nice

and fastest profile its a rocket

short run first test with dt diff and 2s a123 pack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SibesgRl5k
Old 07-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xsxracing
Hello,

Ok TeamLosi just came out with the Speed-T Last night.
Now i know wene i first started R/C TeamLosi had some really good racing kit's etc..But now like a lot of other people have been saying they are comeing out with stupid RTR Vehicle's and are not race worthy.

Some say Losi should go to walmart ( LOL ) and i will agree with that also unless they start coming out with some race worthy kit's or maybe even a race worthy rtr model like an Brushless 8ight or something along that line maybe.

So do you agree that losi is starting to become walmart material and not race worthy????Or do you disagree and why?

Agree OR Disagree

Thnx,
who would make a thread like this? of corse i disagree that losi is junk, xxx-t cr? hello? so losi is required to make race worthy kits and nothing else like ae? maybe losi wants to find some new buyers that want to have some fun on the streets and their back yard.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

IMO Associated has been making about the most non-descript, boring, blah looking piece of turd kits for many, many years! AE has been surviving solely on their race results alone to sell their kits for quite some time too. FT stands for Freakin Turd if you ask me?
Old 07-11-2008, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xsxracing
Hello,

Ok TeamLosi just came out with the Speed-T Last night.
Now i know wene i first started R/C TeamLosi had some really good racing kit's etc..But now like a lot of other people have been saying they are comeing out with stupid RTR Vehicle's and are not race worthy.

Some say Losi should go to walmart ( LOL ) and i will agree with that also unless they start coming out with some race worthy kit's or maybe even a race worthy rtr model like an Brushless 8ight or something along that line maybe.

So do you agree that losi is starting to become walmart material and not race worthy????Or do you disagree and why?

Agree OR Disagree

Thnx,

Open you dang eyes ! Losi has many race worthy kits out . Let`s see , XXX-CR , XXX-T CR , XXX-4G+ , JRX-S T, XXX-NT AD2 , 8IGHT kit , 8IGHT Racer Roller , and 8IGHT -T Race Roller .

How many more do you need ? They have every class covered .

So Losi isn`t allowed to make RTRs for the rest of the RC world that DOESN`T race ??????

Many people that get into racing start out with a RTR bashing around . Also many newbies buy RTR to see if they like the hobby and racing , instead of dumping 1K on a kit and everything needed and find out they don`t like RC and/or racing . And then have to sell it for half to get under it

Also with this B.S. that people whine that Losi doesn`t make a new racer or totally different car/truck soon enough , Why you need a totally different car every year ? If it works , leave it alone . Back in the 80`s and early 90`s there was no new car coming out every few years , you raced what you had and didn`t whine about it .

Now there has always been and always will be a little battle between Losi and AE , why wouldn`t there be? They are the two top manufactures for the racing side of this hobby . That said , anyone that would even think Losi , or AE are junk has no freakin` clue what they are talking about . Simple as that .

And AE will be down the same path soon enough since they don`t own themselves either .
Old 07-11-2008, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think junk or not really depends on the model.Many RTR Losi's I have seen are pretty poor quality.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Have you ever heard the cliché, "You get what you pay for."? Nuff said!
If you think you're going to take some RTR to the track, which is better suited for a 10 year olds back yard, and compete then you deserve what you got!
Old 07-11-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jla8874
If you think you're going to take some RTR to the track, which is better suited for a 10 year olds back yard, and compete then you deserve what you got!

well said .
Old 07-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Suspended

Talking

+1 ..
Old 07-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

AE has been surviving solely on their race results alone to sell their kits for quite some time too.
I kinda thought that was the idea of picking a race vehicle... pick one that can win. What should they be relying on to sell their kits? Making them look 'purty'?
Old 07-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by S.Heath
I kinda thought that was the idea of picking a race vehicle... pick one that can win.

The car doesn`t win races , the driver does .
Old 07-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
The car doesn`t win races , the driver does .
U dang right when you compare it with similar quality kits.

a bandit isn't gonna beat a b4 with the same driver though.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
U dang right when you compare it with similar quality kits.

a bandit isn't gonna beat a b4 with the same driver though.
Slow day on RCtech if you're bringing up the Bandit.
What's better? The RB5 or the B4 or the XXX-CR?
Old 07-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I totally agree with that theory.But we have had Associated,Losi,and Traxxas RTR's,all brand new and it seems like the Losi spent the most time on the bench.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

This is probably the dumbest thread I have ever read on rctech! I honestly dont think most people even read the previous posts before they do so themselves? How many times throughout this thread does someone claim "Losi has abandoned their racing roots."? Then the next guy posts the fact that Losi has put out EIGHT racing kits recently, which is two more than AE, really three because one is a quasi Thunder Tiger, only to see the next guy post ,"Well at least AE has stayed true to their racing roots." This is mindless garbage! And I know I have perpetuated this retarded thread but I can assure you that this will be my last post on it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.