R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-17-2008, 06:34 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Why are people so up in arms and saying this truck is crap? Have you ever driven or seen up close any of the Traxxas electrics? Plastic non threaded shocks, weak hinge pins, crappy, flexy plastic chassis--very limited tuning options--which for the basher truthfully won't matter. Losi/Horizon wants to make money like any business and this is what sells. You get alot of guys who go into their LHS and just want the fastest thing they can buy and aren't interested in racing, building a kit or tuning suspension. This thing looks great for that type of buyer. Looks like a way better piece of kit than any of the Traxxas electrics.
I don't think this truck waters down any of the Losi race cars/trucks, they still make capable vehicles for racers--but the RTR market is where the money is.
d16dcoe45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:47 AM   #32
Tech Fanatic

"I don't think this truck waters down any of the Losi race cars/trucks, they still make capable vehicles for racers--but the RTR market is where the money is."

That just nailed it!

It is funny to see "racers" get sooo upset about Losi not working on the race program. In the real rc world the RTR's are what make the company the big $$$. I used to feal the same way about AE, Losi etc..... making RTR's but when I heard that racing is only about 10% of the market I understood. Losi race products are still very good and can win major races.

Race on and have fun.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:00 AM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to sim600

The XXX-T was a race-winning truck. What have they done to it? This is like finding a former world champion scratching out a living as a team mascot.
sim600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:14 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Cry Babies,Cry Babies. Gezzzzzzz.

What have they done to it? Refined it in what is now the XXXTcr for racers. Losi simply has a proven design that works at most tracks and is more than good enough to be a basher.
Guys Losi already had this truck out for a while but with NOVAK brushless in it. They simply wanted their system and new spektrum radio in it and rebadged it. Do you guys have a CLUE?

#1- Racing accounts for less than 16% of the market.

#2- It was cheaper for LOSI and the CONSUMER that losi reused the same molds from the XXXT to build this truck which is a XXXT
We the consumer SAVE money due to this. New Molds are VERY expensive.

#3- If your a racer why are you even saying anything about this truck? It's not for YOU!!!!!!
The captured ball ends were to fix a big complaint on their other brushless truck that had ballcups. The RTR material is not as rigid as Ea3,Stifzell or Graphite. It flexes ALOT.
FOR RACERS:-They just released the XXXT-CR which is a great truck.

#4- It has a spektrum radio,losi brushless system and it's a well designed
truck. They hit every nail exactly like they needed to.

You guys complaining know NOTHING about this hobby or industry and it SHOOOOWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Someone could buy this... Bash it and then even adjust a few things(No wheelie bar) and then race it.
They CAN NOT do that with a traxxas rustler and be competitive like they could a actual race truck design that was converted to RTR.
It's a GREAT IDEA actually.

Last edited by TexRacer; 01-17-2008 at 08:12 AM.
TexRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:12 AM   #35
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

WHY IS THERE EVEN A THREAD FOR THIS? and why does this NOW have everyone so pissed off? They release new RTRs almost monthly. Losi's been in this direction.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

It's all about the almighty dollar, who cares about racers, they're only 16 percent of the market. One step closer to Target and Walmart.
desertraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:09 AM   #37
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

"I wanna go FAST daddy" Will Ferrel-Talledega nights. LOL.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:15 AM   #38
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertraton View Post
It's all about the almighty dollar, who cares about racers, they're only 16 percent of the market. One step closer to Target and Walmart.
Your not getting it. More "almighty dollars" makes a stronger company. It is alot easier for Losi to justify spending dollars on racing R&D when they have an RTR/Basher business bringing in a ton of money to spend. Remember the XXXcr, the XXXcr-T, the 8ight, and the 8ight-T? Racing profit did not pay for the development of those cars, mini-Ts, LST's, and other RTR's did.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:33 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

2wd truck is going to see a huge surge because of the performance you can get out of li//bl pro trucks. This will just be a car that will actually be more track rdy then a rustler w/ new tires & a new setup. Ths one thing that is throwing me off though is that front shock tower. Perhaps there are a few things off a proto losi truck that were scrapped, but losi decided to put the efforts into a new rtr. It is good to see an apealing rtr that already has a great entry lvl racing class in place. Not to mention their street price is listed at $320.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:36 AM   #40
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm calmed down now too. I hope the moolah goes for racing development also. They do have great race vehicles and I own three out of the four Davidka listed. I feel ashamed. LOL. When I first got in RC I might have purchased one of these actually. But I would have became frustrated trying to tune it to the track once I got there.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexRacer View Post
#1- Racing accounts for less than 16% of the market.

#2- It was cheaper for LOSI and the CONSUMER that losi reused the same molds from the XXXT to build this truck which is a XXXT

#3- If your a racer why are you even saying anything about this truck? It's not for YOU!!!!!!
The captured ball ends were to fix a big complaint on their other brushless truck that had ballcups. The RTR material is not as rigid as Ea3,Stifzell or Graphite. It flexes ALOT.
FOR RACERS:-They just released the XXXT-CR which is a great truck.

#4- It has a spektrum radio,losi brushless system and it's a well designed
truck.
It's a GREAT IDEA actually.

It's funny. I wasn't even reading this thread and posted pretty much exactly the same arguents in the other thread about this truck. I applaud Losi for releasing a competitive RTR vehicle to afford to keep all of us in race vehicles.
gndprx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by party_wagon View Post
Ths one thing that is throwing me off though is that front shock tower.
I'm guessing that they did this for a more durable tower, but it looks from the pictures like they sacrificed tuning holes. Probably wanted to relieve some of the weaker stress points. Notice how far they have the shocks laid down.
gndprx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:53 AM   #43
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Losi sux now, They just make rtr toys now, we need race chassis losi
Old 01-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #44
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Losi sux now, They just make rtr toys now, we need race chassis losi
That's a very profound statement. Your parents must be very proud.

You do realize that Kyosho has been in the RTR business a lot longer than Losi, don't you? You also realize that Kyosho only just recently got back into making electric racing vehicles for the first time in 15 years (since Losi pretty much put them out of the racing business), right?

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:15 AM   #45
Tech Adept

Default OH PLEASE!!!!

OH PLEASE!!!! Jeez the whining here is just incredible. It's a freaking toy car! LOL LOL Like Davidka said, Kyosho makes a LOT a mean a LOT of RTRs and it doesn't make any of their full on race cars any less of a race car. Tamiya is the same, does it make their touring cars suck because they make RTRs which aims to the newbies that run their cars at the front of their house or empty parking lots, hell no. So you elite racers here that whine like a queen, YOU ARE NOT THE TARGET MARKET OF THIS PRODUCT. No reason to bash it.
Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote