R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-17-2008, 01:12 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cheesecake

horizon has screwed losi......i want to cry i have lost all credibility for losi and i will not be purchasing one of there products ever again unless they straighten there crap out. i remember losi sold racing vehicles i remember the day i boughtn my xxt-cr and my xx buggy now they release some crap
cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:14 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to xsxracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
horizon has screwed losi......i want to cry i have lost all credibility for losi and i will not be purchasing one of there products ever again unless they straighten there crap out. i remember losi sold racing vehicles i remember the day i boughtn my xxt-cr and my xx buggy now they release some crap
Strongly agree
Old 01-17-2008, 02:13 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsxracing View Post
Strongly agree
Strongly disagree.

When you say “notice how it uses captured ball ends much like the Traxxas..

the best form of flattery is imitation.. sad so sad .” you are acting like Traxxas invented captured ball ends or something. It only makes sense to me to put them on any RTR truck. If it didn’t have them you probably would have went the “what no captured ball end this truck sucks route.” This thing looks pretty cool to me, I see things that jump right out as being better then the Traxxas right away. Better radio equipment, bigger motor, more options as far as tuning the suspension. Shocks look to be better I notice they are threaded. This truck comes with street tires where the Traxxas does not. I just don’t get the Losi hate. Getting mad at any company for producing RTR’s is ridiculous. These RTR’s are what bring new people to the hobby. If the product is not for you it’s not for you. I don’t bash ( I get bored within about 2 minutes) so I have no interest in buying it myself, but just at first glance without doing any research I would lean towards the Losi over the Traxxas if I were to. I bet this thing would man handle the Traxxas on a real off road track.
Mike Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:31 AM   #19
Tech Master

yes rtr's bring new people to the hobby that fine but wtf why would you turn your racing truck into an onroad truck its a waste of time and money froma racer stand point Team Losi used to build high quality racing vehicles that dominated in racing. it was losi and ae that were on the top in the early 90's
now they dont care about racing unless its there 1/8 scale. wich has a crap load of flaws. im very dissapointed where the company has gone. and i now know why gil losi jr left the company his family started. its really sad. i guess ill just purchase a t4 and a gt2 when i decidse to purchase my 1/10 scale
Old 01-17-2008, 02:46 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Not what I expected, But just as crap in its own right.

How low the mighty have fallen.
Metla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:54 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm happy to be vested in AE RACE trucks now. LOL.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:59 AM   #22
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
yes rtr's bring new people to the hobby that fine but wtf why would you turn your racing truck into an onroad truck its a waste of time and money froma racer stand point Team Losi used to build high quality racing vehicles that dominated in racing. it was losi and ae that were on the top in the early 90's
now they dont care about racing unless its there 1/8 scale. wich has a crap load of flaws. im very dissapointed where the company has gone. and i now know why gil losi jr left the company his family started. its really sad. i guess ill just purchase a t4 and a gt2 when i decidse to purchase my 1/10 scale
I get what your saying but it's not like Associated doesn't make RTR's so why would you be so quick to jump on that banwagon? Losi just released a competition electric truck and it's a high quality product IMO. I sold my T4 to get it and I am happy I did. Truth is I see really no difference performace wise but I just have a special place in my heart for any Losi truck.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:52 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Marshall View Post
I get what your saying but it's not like Associated doesn't make RTR's so why would you be so quick to jump on that banwagon? Losi just released a competition electric truck and it's a high quality product IMO. I sold my T4 to get it and I am happy I did. Truth is I see really no difference performace wise but I just have a special place in my heart for any Losi truck.
That says a lot! You can't see/feel a difference in driving a XXXT versus a T4 on the track? They handle completely differently. You can get them to handle close depending on your setup but never totally the same. I have been racing electric truck since back in 2001. Just out of curiousity...do you race?
WHOBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:00 AM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOBEE View Post
That says a lot! You can't see/feel a difference in driving a XXXT versus a T4 on the track? They handle completely differently. You can get them to handle close depending on your setup but never totally the same. I have been racing electric truck since back in 2001. Just out of curiousity...do you even race?
Yes I race. I been racing since 1988. I grew up racing in So Cal at Ascot, RCHR, the Race place and even the Ranch everyone once in awhile. Now I am racing in MO at Smac Trac every single week. I have the truck setup to drive the way i like it so no I don't see a major difference. That's what your supposed to do with a setup right make it feel the way you like? Stock setup yeah it was different, I had trouble getting the CR to turn like the T4. A few adjustments and I was back to where I wanted. If you want to twist my arm about it I would say the XXXT-CR is better on a loose track but on the track I race that is hard packed well watered so that doesn't really matter for me at the moment. The T4 was great I am not bashing it, but I am also not bashing the Losi. This thread is not about race trucks anyway last time I checked. I really don't see why you guys would be so suprised about this truck being RTR. How would they have audio on a kit that came with no electronics?
Old 01-17-2008, 04:24 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

new truck? are you serious?

all I see is an XXX-T with a few minor changes.

so they stuck a brushless in. so what. I put a brushless into my mini-T.. does that mean I can claim it's a new truck?

Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:58 AM   #26
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Marshall View Post
but associted didnt put a wheelie bar on there rtr truck. thats what im getting at its still a race bred truck. losi has turned there competiton truck into a joke
Old 01-17-2008, 05:12 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Yes, this is surprising. If I want to go real fast in a straight line on pavement, I will buy a Rustler VXL. I don't want to go real fast in a straight line though...this is a waste.
happywing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:45 AM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by happywing View Post
Yes, this is surprising. If I want to go real fast in a straight line on pavement, I will buy a Rustler VXL. I don't want to go real fast in a straight line though...this is a waste.
And yet... They will sell a ton of them.. because some unexpecting RC Newbie goes into the hobby shop and asks what they have that goes real fast...
The hobby shop guys will talk them in to this or the Rustler.

Some ways its good and in other ways I agree with you....

Remember the days when someone would go in the hobby shop and by a vehicle and THEN ask what it would take for them to go really fast and the hobby shop would empty their wallets or max their credit cards selling them low wind mods they had no idea how to use or maintain. Motors would burn up, Gear boxes and drivetrain would break, ESC's burn up, and it would frustrate the vehicle ower and we would never see them again.

with these vehicles, at least this way they have a designed system that hopefully will hold up some. If they come to a track, HOPEFULLY they are directed in the right way and helped with their set up to get the vehicle to run or make changes to get it to run on a track.
That is all we can do... try to help where we can.
Dan
DJ1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:21 AM   #29
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I don't see why everyone is crying that they make things other than race vehicles, if they have to build these cars to make the profit to continue making race cars which they sell less of so be it. In the past 2 years they've come out with new versions of everything except a 4wd EP offroad, which one could argue that until this year was on the decline anyway.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:31 AM   #30
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Not quite what I expected... Am I disappointed?? Yes... Will I buy one?? Yes
I have recently started racing dirt oval track and really didn't want to use my Xxxt Cr for this and had thought about buying another one for oval racing. Now I can buy the Speed T, add dirt tires, a little suspension tunning and it should work well...
Team Losi Mini Lst2
Team Losi Mini Slider
Team Losi Micro T
What can I say... I'm a Losi kind of guy...
wlfgnggtr is offline   Reply With Quote