R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-23-2008, 11:47 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22dasher View Post
The reason the Orion 3200 has more punch over the trinity pack is the Orion is a 25c rated pack and the trinity is a 20C rated pack. So yes it makes plenty of sense why the 3200 has more punch.

I am ordering 2 3600 this week myself.

James
Wrong the 3200's from Orion are 20c as well. I own 3 of them and love them.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:57 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Marshall View Post
Wrong the 3200's from Orion are 20c as well. I own 3 of them and love them.

your correct I'm sorry it's the 3600 that is 25C rated
22dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:06 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22dasher View Post
The reason the Orion 3200 has more punch over the trinity pack is the Orion is a 25c rated pack and the trinity is a 20C rated pack. So yes it makes plenty of sense why the 3200 has more punch.

I am ordering 2 3600 this week myself.

James
It doesn't really work that way. "C" rating is simply a measure of the cell's maximum aperage delivery. If "C" rating did determine how much punch a pack provided the 4500 Trinity pack should've produced more punch anyway.
4.5 amps (4500mah) x 20"C"= 90amps max draw
3.2 amps (3200 mah) x 25"C"= 80amps max draw

As was mentioned, the 3200 is actually 20c rated, the 3600 is 25c. Even so, the likely reason the Orion batteries produced more punch is because of the higher quality Kokam cells likely having less voltage drop under load (lower internal resistance).

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:50 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Thanks for the info. Will keep looking, seems like the maxamps 6000 is where I am heading.
That's where I ended up. The TMXpress pack(s) (Trinity based) will be used for stock buggy and my son's sportsman truck and I went with a 6k for mod/outlaw/pro truck. I've run 8k's in the past but wanted the lower profile of the 6k for an easier fit into multiple chassis.
gndprx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

If you are that worried about the voltage drop then run an 8kmah pack. It will put less stress on the packs & cause less of a decrease in voltage while under load.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default li-pro smoked

I went to practice last night and one of the 2 li-pro packs that I bought kept on dieing on me. The pack was fully charged and was only ran for a total of one or two laps, so I knew that it was not at the cut off voltage. when I unplugged the pack and then plugged it back in the truck was good to go. I ran the truck half way around the track when it stopped again. So I decided that it was just a bad connection on the speed controller. and I was too tired to mess with it, so I went home. Today, I made sure that both li-pros was fully charged. First heat my truck went dead at about 3min mark, I messed with the wires that plugs into the lipro and I ws off and going again, then it stopped on the next lap and the lipro started to smoke. I have about 5-6 charges on these lipos. now what? Will trinity replace it? or do I need to send it back to the store where I bought it? any help will be appreciated
Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris View Post
I went to practice last night and one of the 2 li-pro packs that I bought kept on dieing on me. The pack was fully charged and was only ran for a total of one or two laps, so I knew that it was not at the cut off voltage. when I unplugged the pack and then plugged it back in the truck was good to go. I ran the truck half way around the track when it stopped again. So I decided that it was just a bad connection on the speed controller. and I was too tired to mess with it, so I went home. Today, I made sure that both li-pros was fully charged. First heat my truck went dead at about 3min mark, I messed with the wires that plugs into the lipro and I ws off and going again, then it stopped on the next lap and the lipro started to smoke. I have about 5-6 charges on these lipos. now what? Will trinity replace it? or do I need to send it back to the store where I bought it? any help will be appreciated
Make sure you are not putting excessive pressure on the pack with your battery strap. What type of vehicle are you running it in?

On my XXX-T, I had to flip the battery strap over and all was good.
gndprx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:43 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris View Post

That is the cut off screwing up on them ... My cut off has been removed....
deedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice

So will trinity replace the lipo? I feel like I just through away my money.
Norris
Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:58 AM   #25
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

email... [email protected] He is the one to check with.......
jb7778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:53 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

i have sold a few of these and have not had any bad feedback, i also know that there is a new shipment of these li-pro packs coming in. should be here in about a week. maybe all the kinks are out of the system. from what i have seen, they are very economical $$$$ wise and work well. not bad for under 80 bucks.

http://www.BulldawgRC.com
Team Driver for: Proline, Team Epic/Trinity, Hex Crew, Bulldawg R/C, Speed Demon Hobbies ~~~~TEAM CRUNCHY~~~~

Last edited by Bulldawg RC; 02-17-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Bulldawg RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mine works great!
Alltapdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #28
Tech Initiate

Default Trinity lipro and thunderpower balancer

I bought one of the trinity 4500's and need to connect it to A thunderpower balancer.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Alan
Novak Brushless
Mamba Max
Scuba Graffix Bodies
The Grove Racing Center
Team54 is offline   Reply With Quote