Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies - Ask Jesse Robbers

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hi jesse just need to pick your brain about the new slipper. I have just got the new slippper built it as per instructions and installed it. All is great but i dont know what mode the slipper is in, i.e independant slip or slip equally. It does not say anything about that in the instructions. I am assuming that if you want it to slip equally, do you have to use 2 pins to lock the hub to the shafts (they only supplied me with one pin though)? If this is the case does that mean the stock setup as per instruction is the independant mode.

Hope that makes sense to you! one more quick question what mode is everyone running there new slippers?
Old 02-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah your slipper should be independant now and by putting a pin through the shaft into the other outdrive will make it an equal f/r slip.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

cheers for the quick reply! cant wait for the weekend to test it out!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

what tires and inserts did run on your blitz at crcrc? that truck was dialed!
Old 01-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey Jesse when will the new Ve8 motor mount be out? And can you tell me which pinion size you think you would have to run on your HV motors in the ve8 to be able to use the HV heatsink without having to trim it at all? Or do you know of a heatsink that will fit in the car without all the dremeling?
Old 01-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Jesse,

Have you been running the new Ve8 chassis yet. Did you see a difference.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Jesse, in your YouTube video "2010 CRCRC Winter MidWest Modified SCT A2" what springs and oil were you using in the Blitz? Any added weight? or better yet a setup sheet? That looks liks a good setup for SRS in AZ. But I also need a loamy super light setup too.

Direct me to a few good setup sheets if you don't mind. You have that thing dialed man!! Great driving.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey mark..he was using ae front reds and rear blues..i think he added like 3 oz of weight in rear..go to blitz thread..his setup is posted there i believe...and for srs setup..i will be testing later on..
Old 01-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i am cornholio
hey mark..he was using ae front reds and rear blues..i think he added like 3 oz of weight in rear..go to blitz thread..his setup is posted there i believe...and for srs setup..i will be testing later on..
Thanks Ray. I like the Blitz better than the SC10 for sure. The back end just seems so much more planted. Maybe it's the metal tranny. Dunno.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Dude all i have to say is "YOU ARE THE MAN" Your cars were on fire this weekend. Looks like someone has been practicing, cause a 2 lap victory over tebo and mayfield is no fluke. Just wanted to give you props for a hell of a weekend.

Also, any info on why the D4 is being dropped??????

thanks, DREW
Old 01-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

The D4 isn't discontinued, the minimum order hasn't been reached to our supplier.

New Ve8 chassis, as far as I know there isn't a 'new' one in the ways you may be thinking of. The one I received is just a little stronger, has a bit more material down length of the chassis sides. New Ve8 motor plate availability, not sure, I don't have one yet. Ve8 motor heatsink and Pinion size, not sure, I don't have or use one. I have one of the large Novak cooling fans blowing on the motor.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

On the ve8 chassis is the 1 you have. We know its not a new part number or anything its just revised which we need. Any idea when they will be availible?
Old 01-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jesse Robbers
The D4 isn't discontinued, the minimum order hasn't been reached to our supplier.
Hey Jesse,

I called HB/HPI USA and they told me that the D4 WCE was discontinued but parts would be around for about 2 years. I completely believe you, but why would the customer service reps say the car is discontinued?

I have a D4 WCE coming this week. What would be a good setup for a clay track with good traction. Rod Rippee is running cut JC blue barcodes on the back of his B44 with cut orange barcodes up front, if that can help explain the dirt/traction that is at smac trac.

Are you coming to smac trac for the JC indoor nationals race in feb?

Thanks,

Zach
Old 01-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Hey Jessie, are you going to join Josh at AE?