Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies - Ask Jesse Robbers

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jesse Robbers
The shock shafts, bottom and top shock caps, I don't remember if the spacers that go by or between the o-rings are the same or if they are different, shock collars, and o-ring for the top shock cap. So basically what you can use/share from the standard shocks are the springs, plastic shock bottom & the metal ball that goes into the shock bottom, o-rings, possibly the spacers between the o-rings, and shock oil if you really wanted to.
wow, so pretty much all new... I guess I won't be using the new shock bodies for a while that I have on order with rcmarket.com.hk... lol I also ordered the new slipper... that thing looks nice... I read your post about how it can also work like a diff. Which way do you set it up? Does it make a noticeable difference in handling one way or the other? Sorry, I'm just full of questions... too damn much coffee tonight... lol

Last question, any updates on when these parts will be available in the US?
Old 02-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

I believe by the end of middle of February is when the new D4 WCE kit and parts should be here. I run the slipper to slip independently now, I haven't tried the slipper to slip f/r equally yet. The slipper doesn't work the same as a diff, sort of similiar, but not 100% the same. When one end of the slipper (side A) slips more than the opposite side of the slipper (Side B), Side B will not receive more drive or spin faster because of this like a diff would. Side B will still receive the amount of drive as being received from the motor, just Side A will slip and not transfer as much drive as it's receiving.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

of course!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M.Cartwright
of course!
Mike,
When are you gonna come play nitro with us?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So the slipper has a thrust bearing so each side can slip indepently instead of having them keyed together like on the other cars?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

I believe by the end of middle of February is when the new D4 WCE kit and parts should be here. I run the slipper to slip independently now, I haven't tried the slipper to slip f/r equally yet. The slipper doesn't work the same as a diff, sort of similiar, but not 100% the same. When one end of the slipper (side A) slips more than the opposite side of the slipper (Side B), Side B will not receive more drive or spin faster because of this like a diff would. Side B will still receive the amount of drive as being received from the motor, just Side A will slip and not transfer as much drive as it's receiving.
Hey man, thanks for the info. I received the new slipper clutch today. Do you recommend loctite on the set screw? What about that z352 (m3x8) button head that goes through the little bearing. Do you loctite that screw into the slipper shaft? (61752)

This slipper is so much more solid than the original one. Hopefully now I can just "set it and forget it"... Like a ronco chicken rotisserie... lol

Thanks again for the help!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah loctite the short button head screws that goes through the bearing that is on the opposite side of the slipper as the spring is. Just don't put too much lostite on the screw b/c the loctite can get into the bearing. Also loctite the set screws in the outdrive. I think that's the only screws in the slipper, but I don't remember for sure??? You shouldn't need to loctite the slipper spring nut, if you do just use a little bit as the nut has a good bit of "stick" by itself.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah loctite the short button head screws that goes through the bearing that is on the opposite side of the slipper as the spring is. Just don't put too much lostite on the screw b/c the loctite can get into the bearing. Also loctite the set screws in the outdrive. I think that's the only screws in the slipper, but I don't remember for sure??? You shouldn't need to loctite the slipper spring nut, if you do just use a little bit as the nut has a good bit of "stick" by itself.
Cool, just wanted to make sure... I see what you mean about keeping the loctite from touching that bearing. I once glued an AD2 rear hub solid and learned my lesson with loctite. I won't put any on the purple slipper nut cause like you said it does have good "stick".

later
Old 02-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

I put the new slipper together and it's very smooth and so easy to set. It really takes the stess off the drive train now.
No matter what slipper pads, old or new front or back or how tight or loose the slipper is set it seems to take just a little more torque to make the front slip.... This is AWESOME especially coming out of corners... It seems to pull more and not hook. Easier to drive and I need all the help I can get! I better stock up on slipper pads... lol

How much slip should there be? I run on slippery tracks with losi studs. I assume it is ok to set the slipper pretty loose since it does act as a diff to??? I'm not talking ridiculously loose, but loose enough to slip on low traction tracks?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 271 (100%+)

Jesse, when is the next time you will be at Planet? I would like to take a good look at the new Hot Bodies D2.

Also do you know if the new car will accept Associated front and rear wheels?
Old 02-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

yankee--

Michael--I don't have the D2 yet. I am leaving soon to head out West for some races and I will be staying out there for 5 weeks......so I will not be at Planet until something like late March after I get back home. Maybe then I'll have the car to run locally. For the front wheels, the B4 ones should fit fine and be the same.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Is there a chance we will see an ss version of the e-firestorm, or a hot bodies 2wd truck?
Old 02-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

I haven't heard of any talk of them doing a new 1/10 truck at this time.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I haven't heard of any talk of them doing a new 1/10 truck at this time.
Thats a shame. I hope that they realize there is a market for a truck. Its not only popular in the US, but it seems to be growing (albeit slowly) worldwide.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hi jesse just need to pick your brain about the new slipper. I have just got the new slippper built it as per instructions and installed it. All is great but i dont know what mode the slipper is in, i.e independant slip or slip equally. It does not say anything about that in the instructions. I am assuming that if you want it to slip equally, do you have to use 2 pins to lock the hub to the shafts (they only supplied me with one pin though)? If this is the case does that mean the stock setup as per instruction is the independant mode.

Hope that makes sense to you! one more quick question what mode is everyone running there new slippers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.