Community
Wiki Posts
Search

good or ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default good or ??

"T3 factory team truck carbon fiber and carbon everything, JR radio, 2 3800 V Maxx matched batteries like new, several 3300 practice packs, Hitech metal gear servo, LRP 7.1 speed cont. LRP charger, power supply, extra tires and rims, bearings, 5-6 new motors mods and stockers, motor lathe, brush cutter, ETC.I have pinions, gears, extra bodies, shock oils"...

do you guys think this is a good set up? i no a guy that wants to trade me some stuff for this rc car but i just wanted to know what u guys thought about it? im new to rc cars and everything about them so thats why im asking you guys! thanx
Old 01-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

My son started with a T3 but when he got a T4, he wanted nothing to do with the T3. Good truck to start but finding parts might not be so easy.

Last edited by desertraton; 01-15-2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mishka
"T3 factory team truck carbon fiber and carbon everything, JR radio, 2 3800 V Maxx matched batteries like new, several 3300 practice packs, Hitech metal gear servo, LRP 7.1 speed cont. LRP charger, power supply, extra tires and rims, bearings, 5-6 new motors mods and stockers, motor lathe, brush cutter, ETC.I have pinions, gears, extra bodies, shock oils"...

do you guys think this is a good set up? i no a guy that wants to trade me some stuff for this rc car but i just wanted to know what u guys thought about it? im new to rc cars and everything about them so thats why im asking you guys! thanx
Well a T3 certainly is not the newest kid on the block but in the right hands I suppose you could still hang at the average club event. As far as I am concerned used batteries are worth next to nothing so forget about those. The ESC is decent if you want to stick with brushed motors. Without knowing more about the motors, LRP charger, lathe, or JR radio, I can't give you an opinion on those.

Is somebody wanting to sell this stuff to you? If I had to put a value on it (which is tough without more details) I would say you are looking at about $150-$200 worth of stuff. My .02
Old 01-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

A brushless set up and lipos will set you back quite a bit of money. Check your LHS to see what other racers are running. If you ask for help, you'll will get some. Sounds like a good deal if you are planning to club race or bash in the backyard. If you don't like it you can resell but getting what you paid might not be so easy since it's a dated truck.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Tech Rookie

well ill get some more info on the car soon.. im just looking to ride around in the yard and maybe take off some small jumps.. but ya once i get more info ill be sure to tell you guys.. and thanx for the help!