Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to xsxracing

Vote http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=201328
Old 01-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #167
Suspended

Thumbs up This post is 100% correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconcepts View Post
looks like traxxas to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that really sucks!!!!!!!!!!
They are competing with traxxas, which is gonna be a basher's war
they will not win. I was hoping for a updated tripple X-4 but didnt happen,
they wanna take on traxxas......sorry traxxas owns the bashing market.
Associated B44/Tamiya 501x WE
Off-road only!
bmaglinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #168
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaglinger View Post
......sorry traxxas owns the bashing market.
For now. Only time will tell. If the truck is good enough we might have a basher war. Ooooohhh. Won't that be exciting? NOT.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #169
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly1344 View Post
They don't look like anything special to me, but the price is decent for a basher setup. Of course, I'd still rather have the programmability of a Mamba Max over one the Xcelorin ESC's.

they are fully programable just like mamba's
Old 01-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #170
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketron View Post
they are fully programable just like mamba's
My mistake. I assumed since they include a programming card that they were not PC programmable. However, the info on their site does state that they are programmable via PC.
skelly1344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #171
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to chewiefttc4 Send a message via Yahoo to chewiefttc4

ok that may be but id rather have the reliability of the mamba..

im running one in my 1/8 electric. and its keeping up without breaking a sweat.
chewiefttc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:02 PM   #172
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiefttc4 View Post
ok that may be but id rather have the reliability of the mamba..

im running one in my 1/8 electric. and its keeping up without breaking a sweat.

After some research for a system to install in my RC8, the Mamba Max really seems to shine. Now I'm sure we'll all get a Monster Maxx when they are finally released, but for now the MM is my ESC of choice.

550 Mafia.
Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:09 PM   #173
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Losi should copy some other 4WD, but I don't want it from a child sweat shop. So many products come from the far east. If we have them in made mexico, maybe they won't jump the fence. Remember when Losi was run by the family? Great products and support, but now so many Losi diehards left by lack of support of racers.
desertraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #174
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Lars Johnson

I like when people make the comparison "they're turning into Traxxas." Well, for some of you new folks, Traxxas used to have a 2wd and Truck back in the day, as well as a travel Race team. They came out with the TRX-3 2wd, which didn't have the following like the previous 2wd had. One day, they stopped making the TRX-3, stopped selling parts, everything - cold turkey. Done.

Then Traxxas made the T-Maxx, and from what i hear, they sold a few. the end.

The difference with Losi is, the design team is made up of current and former factory racers. They're not shutting the books on the Racing side of things. They are opening the doors for many newcomers to this HOBBY which you and I love, and making it easier than ever to GET INVOLVED. If the person buying a Speed-T gets to the point of "i want to go race," it's a lot easier with this truck. The thing that people do not understand is - more often than not, i would say 95% of the time, these trucks and their owners aren't going to hit the track.

I wish i had a truck like this when i was starting. Brushless, Lipo, threaded shocks, are you kidding me?? The cats in my neighborhood would have been IN TROUBLE. My 1st car was my bro's Mauri Big Bear kick-down, with a rotary speed control, that (when i was 12) i usta Spit on it to cool it down. My dad used to have to drive me clear across town to get A single part for it. Then they stopped making it, and parts for it. i would have been lucky to have something like this, with parts available at the shop/track by my house, so that WHEN i broke it, i could actually fix it.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #175
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisWolfson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Johnson View Post
I like when people make the comparison "they're turning into Traxxas." Well, for some of you new folks, Traxxas used to have a 2wd and Truck back in the day, as well as a travel Race team. They came out with the TRX-3 2wd, which didn't have the following like the previous 2wd had. One day, they stopped making the TRX-3, stopped selling parts, everything - cold turkey. Done.

Then Traxxas made the T-Maxx, and from what i hear, they sold a few. the end.
Very true - I actually used to race for Traxxas back in the early 90's...lol
Old 01-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #176
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If I remember right the original traxxas race truck was a pretty close copy to Losi right? LOL

Lars you are so right about I wish I had something like this when I started. I started with a Grasshopper myself and quickly out grew that. When I got my first RC10 it took me and my father close to month to build lol. I remember opening that thing up and looking at all the pre drilled holes and thinking OMG. It would have been nice to have the RTR back then. I had a 12 turn Twister motor in it and it flew. I would guess 40mph easy. Problem is I only got like 3 minutes of runtime with it using a 7 cell 1700 SCE pack lol. Brushless maintenance free nice run times and speed? This truck should be a newbies dream come true.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #177
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my first car was a traxxas tomcat. i raced it against jrx and rc10's back in 89
kstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #178
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Marshall View Post
If I remember right the original traxxas race truck was a pretty close copy to Losi right? LOL

Lars you are so right about I wish I had something like this when I started. I started with a Grasshopper myself and quickly out grew that. When I got my first RC10 it took me and my father close to month to build lol. I remember opening that thing up and looking at all the pre drilled holes and thinking OMG. It would have been nice to have the RTR back then. I had a 12 turn Twister motor in it and it flew. I would guess 40mph easy. Problem is I only got like 3 minutes of runtime with it using a 7 cell 1700 SCE pack lol. Brushless maintenance free nice run times and speed? This truck should be a newbies dream come true.
i would like to disagree with the part where you said you want a RTR for your first car. everyone should get a kit for their first car and build it that way they will know whats inside the car and when something breaks you dont sit there and think that there might be hamsters running inside the transmission and they died but instead you will know that there is gears and one of them probably broke or maybe a pin fell out or something. i personally prefer to build all my cars, if they come prebuilt i usually take everything apart to see whats inside anyways. it would be cool to see something like this truck come in kit form.

as much as i would like to see losi come out with a new race car this isnt too bad, if i was starting out i would so buy this and put offroad tires on it. the 2.4ghz radio system and brushless is awesome.
Mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #179
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_X View Post
i would like to disagree with the part where you said you want a RTR for your first car. everyone should get a kit for their first car and build it that way they will know whats inside the car and when something breaks you dont sit there and think that there might be hamsters running inside the transmission and they died but instead you will know that there is gears and one of them probably broke or maybe a pin fell out or something. i personally prefer to build all my cars, if they come prebuilt i usually take everything apart to see whats inside anyways. it would be cool to see something like this truck come in kit form.

as much as i would like to see losi come out with a new race car this isnt too bad, if i was starting out i would so buy this and put offroad tires on it. the 2.4ghz radio system and brushless is awesome.
This is very wrong. Say you get a family that buys a kit for there 10 year old. Now, they have 250 in the kit, they still need a radio, speed control, motor just to get it running. With the RTR, you allow the same family to get a decent car, with features like 2.4ghz radio, and brushless. Then when parts break, they go to the race track to buy parts. When at the track, they could see people running on it. Then they ask question, and maybe enter a race. If 1 out of ever 10 basher does this, the racing scene would grow.

I started with a used Gold tube rc10, and my first kit was a losi junior 2. Been running losi ever since, but now run AE cars as well. This car would have made life so much easier.

Now, the reason we are all so mad, is because we expected something BIG, something new. That is our fault for getting our hopes up, based on no information.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #180
Tech Apprentice

i didnt mean sell the car as a kit without anything but sell the the car as a kit with the brushless and the radio. nitro cars and even electric ones came with motors and speed controls before and i dont see why they cant throw in a good radio and have the person assemble the car.
Mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote