R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-12-2008, 08:03 PM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnfst View Post
Hello all I just read through about 15 threads on the xbr versus gtb.. I'm looking into setting up an AE b4.. I have lrp tc spec esc's in my touring cars and 1 gtb as well.. Will I be losing much performance with the xbr esc over a gtb? I'm going to use one of my 13.5 ss motors with the optional 13mm rotor..

I won't be going over a 10.5 for any other setups..

Any and all info would be much appreciated...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevier View Post
Im very interested to read this because i have the same problem. I dont know if i should get the XBR or GTB
I would recommend the GTB. It comes with a larger run capacitor and optional fan. And if you should decide to run a hotter mod motor then you can mount the fan upright in front of the ESC. if running it in a buggy.
The GTB is the way to go.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:08 PM   #17
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racen 77 View Post
I was thinking of a 13.5 XBR system for my sons truck. I am curious if anyone else has had problems with these? I currently have four GTB systems that I have never had a problem with.
Stick with the GTB why down grade. Its funny even though I had a bad one (XBR) when you here some thing bad it can seem to out weigh the good. It would be hard to say if theres a flaw in design with out seeing some sort of stats from the factory as far as returns vs. non returns in total sales.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

GTB's have their issues as well.

The Spread Spektrum 6-cell versions have been releasing the magic smoke like crazy at the indoor track here while my XBR's have been bullet proof. The non Spektrum version of the GTB's have been plenty reliable as well.

Not sure if it was just a bad batch or what. Point is no matter what brand/make/model you look at, there will always be people who have had problems with them. No product is 100%.

Either choice is a good choice. XBR is cheaper and fine if you don't want to go below 8.5, GTB is good if you want something you can run any motor you want.

Just my $.02...keep the change
gndprx is offline   Reply With Quote