R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-25-2003, 03:06 PM   #61
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to DR RushQuake PH

Thats always true.

Here you guys still think the Axis breals easily?

http://www.wildhobbies.com/news/defa...&articleid=482
DR RushQuake PH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 03:10 PM   #62
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I dont know if it breaks easilly, but I know it will be easier to break than a Kyosho. Competition companies keep researching what kind of plastics will give more than break, and that's what makes them better than a toy manufacturer.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 03:30 PM   #63
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

Quote:
From WildHobbies review
We decided to put the Axis into a typical consumer situation so we took it down to a local rail road track area.
Typical consumer situation...railroad track area?!?!?!?! Why didn't they test it on a track?

Quote:
From WildHobbies review
We decided to push the Axis as hard as possible to simulate the punishment a novice driver can dish out. The Axis took everything we could throw at it.
Oh my
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 03:31 PM   #64
it
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to it

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I dont know if it breaks easilly, but I know it will be easier to break than a Kyosho. Competition companies keep researching what kind of plastics will give more than break, and that's what makes them better than a toy manufacturer.
I am not biased, I have a old Kyosho USA 1 nitro. The plastic parts and the tires as the same as a 2003 madforce.

Plastic are plastics they will eventually break. Its not the plastic is the design of the car.

You cannot say running your car full throttle to the wall, will never break anything. Duratrax, kyosho, mugen etc. once you hit a wall full throttle it will brake.

Kyosho are great in design and balancing the car. That is one of the reason they tend to last long on the race.
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 03:57 PM   #65
Tech Apprentice

Yes, duratrax is intended for Novice drivers. However with a few upgrades, it is a full blown racer. Some how I wouldnt find a 53mph 9lb bugy to be for beginners tho.....

Novice doesnt mean beginer neccesarily, more like a neophyte

Anyways, how can you all compare Kyosho to duratrax?
Your telling me that the kyosho buggies are better than the axis buggy right? ok how does the Ultima RB sports compare to other duratrax vehicles? Its not a fair comparisen to say that kyosho makes better vehicles than duratrax.

Last edited by DR RushQuake PH; 06-25-2003 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:21 PM   #66
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

I'd really love to see a track where a buggy, any buggy, could get up to 53 mph. 1:8 on road cars get up to 60mph on a 150ft straight.

You always seem to miss the point. The point is the amount of punishment they dished out was that of what a novice would do. That's why they didn't take it to the track. Believe me, just by looking at the buggy I can tell that if you took that buggy to a track like "The Dirt" where they have 8ft+ jumps that send your buggy for the flight of it's life...if it lands on that rear wheel wrong, your toe settings will get all messed up. It's the same thing as the Nitro TC3.

Obviously you can't compare all of Kyosho's products to Duratrax products. Kyosho does have some "cheap" products too. But K buggies are race engineered with team drivers that test even just the slightest change in suspension geometry and weight balance designs. The whole point I've been trying to make this whole time which you can't seem to grasp is that Duratrax does not "race engineer" any of it's products. That's why some, not all, but some people consider Duratrax products to be inferior products. Of course Kyosho's Wave Surfer and Quad Racer products are not race engineered. But they're still badass. But Kyosho wanted to make a buck cheaply too. They are cheap products.

IMO, Duratrax's best product is RealRace G2. And even in that game, you can download the Mugen XR Works buggy and it runs the tracks better than the Axis. All the suspension geometry, weight balance and gearing has been taken into consideration too.
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 06:38 PM   #67
Tech Apprentice

No, I got your point the first time However I have hit 8ft jumps, we have one in our backyard built out of baseball feild dirt. And yes, my settings are fine. The Surfer Lisa and quad rider werent made to have kyosho make a buck either, they happen to be more novelty products, designed to intrigue people since they are so out of the ordinary.
BTW, the pics show a pull start, thast gone I use a bump box
Why cant you guys just give a kid a break?

Last edited by DR RushQuake PH; 06-25-2003 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:01 PM   #68
Tech Rookie

Default you gotta be kidding!?!

I been watching this converstaion unfold, I'm really soory for anyone out there who id forced to own a kyosho. I used to own one, when it ran it was lots o' fun, but to get parts was pure h***! The quit making the parts, the parts I needed were not interchangable with anything else out there. But that is ok because it is in the process of becoming a pulling sled behind my duratrax! (Maybe it'll last a week or two, but with the quality I've seen from them, I doubt it.)
Hope you all had better luck with you kyosho!
torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 07:52 PM   #69
Tech Apprentice

Torq, r u pro or anti Duratrax?
Old 06-25-2003, 08:38 PM   #70
Tech Adept

I don't think anyone here is anti duratrax. The fact of the matter is you are not going to convince anyone who has been racing for some time that a budget car is going to be as competive as a full blown race car. The fact that you keep bringing up "top speeds" also shows your lack of experince in racing. I am not trying to be harsh here but a post like yours is just begging for flames. If your happy with your car then who cares what other folks think? Just be the best darn Duratrax racer you can be..........

Matt
pkranger63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 08:40 PM   #71
Tech Apprentice

I posted speeds to show how the Torq .12 has just as much power, if not more than many competition buggies.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:08 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

Quote:
Originally posted by pkranger63
The fact of the matter is you are not going to convince anyone who has been racing for some time that a budget car is going to be as competive as a full blown race car.
I don't think it could have been said any better than that.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:09 PM   #73
Tech Adept

Top speed and power are two diffrent things. Top speed is a gimmick used to sell entry level cars.

Matt
Old 06-25-2003, 09:11 PM   #74
Tech Rookie

For the price, I have enjoyed my ST Pro immeansly! But this is also my 1st nitro, so I don't exactly have lots fo previous experience with it.
On the other hand my opinion and 50 cents will buy a cup of coffee!
torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:24 PM   #75
Tech Adept

Thats my point exactly. Enjoy what you are running. Isn't that what this hobby is all about? I think people lose sight of this far too often.

Matt