R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-19-2003, 08:12 PM   #16
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

If you are going to try to take a cars or companies bad reputation off their hands by winning one race it just isn't going to happen. I still say that if you are the better driver, you are going to win the race. Give me a stock 2wd buggy, and I will put it against your duratrax, I would bet my S2000 that the stock 2wd would win the race in my hands. Not saying that I am the god of racing or anything, but I have a lot more expirence than a lot of other people, I have raced every class from 1/12 on-road, to 1/8 off-road. You were a better driver than the people you raced against, even if they didn't crash or whatever, they still couldn't handle the power of their buggies as well as you did.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 09:39 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to Team Associated
Default All About Personal Opinion

I think that what ever you like thats your own opinion each brand has its good & bad things about their products nothings perfect. Just because you race one brand doesnt mean that you should ripp away on a different brand. Every body has their own likes and dislikes.
Team Associated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 10:46 PM   #18
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986

Quote:
Originally posted by DR RushQuake PH
if you beleive that then you would be saying that every other stadium truck is junk and a hackneyed idea right? Then the only original truck would be a rush? I doubt that tho
That didn't make any sense.... was that supposed to tell me off?
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 09:02 AM   #19
Tech Prophet

I love threads like this, always good for a laugh.
Old 06-20-2003, 09:28 AM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to DR RushQuake PH

No, that wasnt in any way made to tell any one off, Im hardly angry here. Just proving my point, and poiting out how your making ideas that dont correlate with the other stuff you said. You were saying that the Nitro evader was a copy of the xxxn-t (Which I have, I would know) It is a fact that almost all stadium trucks look very similar. That being said you seem to imply that the NE is a copy of everyother stadium truck out there, when in realioty it is a fact that the ST chassis is very hackneyed thus they all look the same no matter what brand!
DR RushQuake PH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 10:09 AM   #21
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

Obviously the point has been missed. I did not mean that Duratrax directly copies products from other manufacturers. They might, but that's not what I was saying. What I was saying is that they get an idea of a product to replicate from whatever is popular, think about how they can make a similar product inexpesively, then sell it and make money. Hence, a cheap product. What you do with it doesn't change what it is.

Oh, and the RC10 GT and XXX-NT are different. Just by looking at them you can tell the layout and designs differ. Obviously there are only so many ways you can layout a chassis. Mugen "copied" Losi but even Mugen made some changes to improve it. Duratrax would have just anodized the chassis a different color, slapped a body on it and said "there it is!"
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 06:46 PM   #22
Tech Prophet

Thing is, you arent going to change any opinions people have about the car with only 1 race won. When duracrap wins the worlds, people will recognize them as people who make a nice product.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:48 PM   #23
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Thing is, you arent going to change any opinions people have about the car with only 1 race won. When duracrap wins the worlds, people will recognize them as people who make a nice product.
I Agree....
Quote:
When duracrap wins the worlds, people will recognize them as people who make a nice product.
LOL!
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 04:34 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 07:03 AM.
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 05:57 PM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Ok back again, sorry I took so long. I see all your opinions and a agree on a short few of them. However I have come again after another race last night. Axis took second lost the 1st place to an Mp 7.5 with a WS-7 wow that was fast.
Nope broke nothing
Old 06-22-2003, 10:28 PM   #26
Tech Prophet

I dont really know what track you are running at, but I'm sure if you ran at The Dirt in Hemet, CA, you would change your mind and kinda see things through my eyes. You would have to go pick up a competition buggy to even qualify near the A-Main...
Old 06-23-2003, 01:10 PM   #27
Tech Adept

There's a guy with a Duratrax Evader racing against our Losi's B3s and my Schumacher fireblade and he embarrases the hell out of us by winning constantly, having cars costing more than 3 times what he paid.
dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 01:27 PM   #28
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Dirk, at least someone here isnt as biased as everyone else. I feel that being biased is so naive.... I racfe at Action Hobbies Track out in Levittown PA. I still disagree with anyone here who is saying that my buggy wouldnt stand a chance anywhere else. Im convinced that its a perfectly good "COMPETITION" vehicle
Old 06-23-2003, 01:46 PM   #29
Tech Adept

No problem DR RushQuake PH. In addition I'd like to point out that the Evader stands up better to crashes, compared to the B3 and even the B4.
dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 07:39 PM   #30
Tech Prophet

Come to The Dirt... you'll see where I'm coming from.