Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Interesting RC10 prototype knockoff? >

Interesting RC10 prototype knockoff?

Interesting RC10 prototype knockoff?

Old 06-19-2003, 09:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Interesting RC10 prototype knockoff?

I had this old car sitting around for years and decided to get it going again. I must have bought this back in 97 or so and never got it running until a few days ago. I am not sure who made it but I think it was designed after one of the RC10 prototypes that won the IFMAR worlds way back.

Attached is a picture. It has RPM front and rear arms coupled to stock team car era front and rear carriers. The beefy shock towers are by A&L with the front being a RC10T type. I am not sure who made the front bulkhead or chassis. I should check it out and see if the geometry is similar to the team car.

Any help in identifying this car would be appreciated. Oh..and it runs great..I love the big suspension travel on our loose dusty track.
Attached Thumbnails Interesting RC10 prototype knockoff?-rpm.jpg  
Old 06-19-2003, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Yeah, a bunch of guys did this at our local track about 10 years ago. RPM made front and rear suspension kits. The front was based on the rc-10t front bulkhead and shock tower. Some guys flipped the front bulhead around to mount the shock tower in front of the shocks. The rear was just longer arms that you had to modify the rear of the chassis to get to fit. Composite Craft made double decker graphite chassis. They all told me that the car worked a little better with the tower in the original position(behind the shocks). Probably has to do with the camber links.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I havent seen a novak mercury reciever in a long... long time
Old 06-21-2003, 09:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah..I figured a vintage car should have a vintage reciever. I never had any problems with those Mercurys but others did. I almost put in an old Novak T1 but it did not fit due to the heat sinks. Luckily the Atom does not need sinks and it fit in nicely under the top plate.

Now all I need for it is some vintage Delta offroad shocks..anybody got any?