Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas 70 mph RTR. And electric no less

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas 70 mph RTR. And electric no less

Amazing how far these machines have come in regards to technology and power. Turns out though the new Rustler VXL can't really reach such speeds without a little modification. Even though the box says RTR 70 mph. Advertisements, go figure. There is a great article on Xtreme RC that shows that with a simple battery and gear change a speed of 67 mph was possible. They recomend the expensive lipo 3s 8000, didn't know with electrics a higher powered battery could make such a difference in power. Highest gear possible, and ofcourse replace the axles, differential yokes, bellcranks and stearing blocks for a harder alluminum material. I destroyed my steering block crashing my B4 going 35 mph into a tree. At 70 there wouldn't be much left if these parts were not replaced. Who would've thought that an offroad electric truck RTR with some simple mods can actually beat fullsized vehicles in a drag race.
Check out the results i found in the article
0 to 60 mph
Full size BMW M3 4.40sec
Full size Lexus IF-S 4.50sec
Full size Lamborghini Superleggera 3.5sec
Fullsize Ferrari 430 Scuderia 3.6sec
Full size Mitsubishi Evo GSR 5.0 sec
Traxxas Rustler VXL #s 8000 3.5 sec
The electric RC beats all and ties with a $230,000 race machine Lambo
Check out this video, man these VXLs can't keep the front wheels on the ground. The brushless power on these things are insane.
http://www.traxxas.com/products/promo/v_promo.htm

Last edited by mig rod; 01-09-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default b

Nice research, that seems wild to me too.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

yeah, but you can sit in the real cars, and chicks like them

otoh, they cost a bunch more
Old 01-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

If you have to have a nice car to get a chick.....well that sucks. And usually a girl that is into a guy for his car is'nt worth a snot to begin with. You'll understand this later. Back on topic ....I also think that the ability of LIpo/brushless setups today are un-real, its the whole reason I gave RC another shot. I went with a Factory Team RC10T4 with the mamba max 5700 on 3's lipo and it is insane to say the least. Breath taking power. And I can also keep the front end on the ground thru the whole speed pass unlike the rustler. I will assure it is at least doing 60+. GROSS DISPLAY OF POWER. I have wrecked and it was'nt that ugly, I only broke a front a-arm running into a brick pillar. Going with the RPM A-arms next. As soon as I get the new parts in the mail I altready have my camera all set to get some footage of this beast. Oh and I also got a maxamps 6000 Mah 2's lipo that gives about 35-40 min run times. I have a new found love for RC cars now as a adult.