22nd Annual Pro-Line Cactus Classic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

22nd Annual Pro-Line Cactus Classic

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

After reading all of this I just wanted to say that I'll be running all stock and 19t classes this year with Brushed motors and NiMh batteries.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by busdriver
come into the shop & hook me up with that steak dinner when you get here! OMP!
whats > OMP! mean?

Like I said, this discusion will go on til the end of time

I would be curious to know what the actual number is, at some point during the weekend if you find that out, come by and let me know.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

If Jeremy's in I'm in...... then a rematch at April Fools Fool haha
Old 01-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles
After reading all of this I just wanted to say that I'll be running all stock and 19t classes this year with Brushed motors and NiMh batteries.

But your a professional goofball, its okay, Hahaha

Bagger!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hey fez, you're racing with my son in stock truck. He's also racing in 19t buggy and 4wd. Maybe we'll have a geek tent to play games.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sorry to get a little OT guys but ill be flying into arizona tomorrow for Barrett Jackson and would like to run on this track. I dont think ill have enough time to make the race but what's the practice schedule? I didnt see it on the website.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrlie sidebite
50% and above should leave stock and 19 turn to the people that pay their bills.

50% drivers still have bills to pay also and they pay the same race entry fees and hotel prices as the non-sponsored drivers Plus the majority of 50% drivers (like me) dont have tire sponsorships which is a huge part of a big race like Cactus. I pay full price for tires just like the next guy......in fact I pay for everything I have. I dont get anything for free.

If you think that eliminating even 50% drivers from stock and 19T is going to help you (and I dont mean YOU in particular) make the main event, then you are mistaken. You do not have to be sponsored to make the main, you just have to know how to drive and set up your cars.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JBrad
Sorry to get a little OT guys but ill be flying into arizona tomorrow for Barrett Jackson and would like to run on this track. I dont think ill have enough time to make the race but what's the practice schedule? I didnt see it on the website.
Track is open for practice all the time.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrlie sidebite
50% and above should leave stock and 19 turn to the people that pay their bills.

not to offend anyone but let me translate:

if you have a sponsor you should sack up & run mod not that they shouldnt be allowed to run stock & 19t. especially if you have a chassis sponsor.

NINJA
Old 01-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Fine I will bite. Some people that get help from manucatures get it because they are a help to the community. Some of us run stock and 19T because we enjoy it. We also help to work on setups for these classes of racing. Pro mod setups are not always the best for stock racing!

If there is an expert class I am always the first to sign up. I run mod on occation but prefer the "stock" classes. Has nothing to do with winning (ok mostly not) but since some of us with "help" still pay for our stuff it is still expensive to replace parts from running mod. If you pay to enter, pay for tires and still pay for everything else discounted or not you should be able to run what you want. Just because someone works for a hobby shop and gets a discount they need to run mod? Getting a hobby shop discount is as big a benefit as some manufacture deals. Where do you draw that line. Guys that get full rides run mod and should. Those that still pay bills vs. getting paid to race should be able to run classes they enjoy? This is still a hobby right?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

I was just kidding guys, I'll be running the modified classes at this race.

I will say that I used to love coming to a big race and running with sponsored guys in the stock classes. It made it much more difficult to make the main, but if you made it-it was extremely meaningful. There used to be a nice ladder of improvement to climb as well. Prior to 19t it was often Sportsman stock (unsponsored drivers) Expert Stock (unsponsored and factory drivers) and of course the modified classes. I felt like this was the greatest era in electric offroad and really miss these days.

With that said I'm looking forward to the Cactus and the beginning of a new era in R/C and hope to see our lil industry grow to new heights in the years to come.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper
Fine I will bite. Some people that get help from manucatures get it because they are a help to the community. Some of us run stock and 19T because we enjoy it. We also help to work on setups for these classes of racing. Pro mod setups are not always the best for stock racing!

If there is an expert class I am always the first to sign up. I run mod on occation but prefer the "stock" classes. Has nothing to do with winning (ok mostly not) but since some of us with "help" still pay for our stuff it is still expensive to replace parts from running mod. If you pay to enter, pay for tires and still pay for everything else discounted or not you should be able to run what you want. Just because someone works for a hobby shop and gets a discount they need to run mod? Getting a hobby shop discount is as big a benefit as some manufacture deals. Where do you draw that line. Guys that get full rides run mod and should. Those that still pay bills vs. getting paid to race should be able to run classes they enjoy? This is still a hobby right?

+1 I just didnt want to have to type that much
Old 01-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

You kind of posted most of this already Steve. I just kind of reworded and agreed!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles
I was just kidding guys, I'll be running the modified classes at this race.

I will say that I used to love coming to a big race and running with sponsored guys in the stock classes. It made it much more difficult to make the main, but if you made it-it was extremely meaningful. There used to be a nice ladder of improvement to climb as well. Prior to 19t it was often Sportsman stock (unsponsored drivers) Expert Stock (unsponsored and factory drivers) and of course the modified classes. I felt like this was the greatest era in electric offroad and really miss these days.

With that said I'm looking forward to the Cactus and the beginning of a new era in R/C and hope to see our lil industry grow to new heights in the years to come.
+1 for Jeremy too.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

felles: your not running 19t truck this year? sweet maybe i can move up 1 spot!

NINJA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.