R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #466
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Sean posted about the monday morning closing and stated there would be a schedule posted later...... Sounds like the track will be open business hours tues-thurs?
Tuesday through Thursday - we'll have the shop open earlier and the track will be open as well. We will water heavily each evening, so I wouldn't expect it to be dry enough to run on until about 9:00 a.m. each day anyway. (new track, needs moisture... )

I will get with Sean to post a schedule but we are wanting to avoid exact times due to the staffing and the amount of hours they are putting in. We will open up by 9:00 a.m. each day though.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #467
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

When will the track close? I will only be there Thurs I would expect the track to close at a reasonable time to prep everything for racing Friday?

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #468
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
When will the track close? I will only be there Thurs I would expect the track to close at a reasonable time to prep everything for racing Friday?
I believe it closed at around 7 the 3 years I have gone.
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #469
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripthreat View Post
I believe it closed at around 7 the 3 years I have gone.
Frank!!! Whats up buddy!!!!!!!

I think the track closed right around dark last year, about 7 or so like Frank said.

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #470
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-hopsing View Post
Frank!!! Whats up buddy!!!!!!!

I think the track closed right around dark last year, about 7 or so like Frank said.
I am doing great. I have been running alot of gas lately, but am getting back into the electric swing!
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #471
Tech Adept

I thought there was a lot of talk about a "super technical" layout for this years Cactus. Judging by the pictures, it looks like Interstate 5. Is this possibly one of those tracks that looks basic but ends up being a real challenge?
Bobby J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #472
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The thing you dont see is elevation changes.....Its not extreme but they are there which will cause you to drive different

Jake
Bubonic-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #473
Tech Elite

I wouldnt say this track will be easy.....it should definately challenge you. Like Bubonic said, the elevation changes will make driving different, and that step up jump....that thing is sweet. If its anything like the one at the Nitro Challenge, you're going to come to almost a complete stop in mid air And it looks like a full length back straight as well, some good "S" curves and a few doubles. Plenty to keep you on your toes. Looks like Joey's design is going to make for some fun racing, I cant wait.

The Final Countdown Begins!!

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 03-06-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:08 PM   #474
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)

Track looks challenging, it has elevation changes and the step up jump can cause problems
The track is good but the most important thing here is the level of competition. There are world class racers present. There are also club racers (like me) that have not experienced this kind of competition and I'm excited. It is going to be fun
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:19 PM   #475
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I'm sure the eleveation will keep you on your toes. That's my impression after checking it in person. Pics and vids NEVER do justice to anything. I'm sure it will be challenging.

At first I thought it could have used a few more jumps here and there, but now I think too many jumps and riff raff seem to break up the racing a tad I think. I'de rather have it a hair on the easier side to keep people on each other's bumpers.
markhat250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:56 PM   #476
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Here are some pics I took today. The first 3 are from the drivers stand and the last 2 are from the fron corners.
Attached Thumbnails
22nd Annual Pro-Line Cactus Classic-dscn12960001.jpg   22nd Annual Pro-Line Cactus Classic-dscn12970001.jpg   22nd Annual Pro-Line Cactus Classic-dscn12980001.jpg   22nd Annual Pro-Line Cactus Classic-dscn12990001.jpg   22nd Annual Pro-Line Cactus Classic-dscn13000001.jpg  

azgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #477
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Great pictures guys. Thanks for taking the time to post those up. Definatley not your typical cactus layout. Looks like a mini gas track. All the guys that just finished the NC and Silver state should feel at home on a mini gas track!

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #478
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey Dawn or Sean, any chance you guys wil have the max amps make-shift lipo cases there?
Old 03-07-2008, 11:01 PM   #479
Tech Elite

Tony, you know they said that hardcases are not required for this race right? Not that having a hard case wouldnt be a good thing for safety!

Old 03-08-2008, 12:34 AM   #480
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hodapp Send a message via Yahoo to Hodapp

It looks like this layout is going to reward the "Punch It" driving style.
Hodapp is offline   Reply With Quote