R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2008, 11:16 PM   #31
Tech Elite
 
nc-hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_King View Post
Wow what do you get for all that cash a night?
A living room, kitchen, WiFi to watch Live RC , and a two minute walk back to the POOL and A/C if its a 110 degrees like last year!
__________________
Steve Butts

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #32
Tech Master
 
Slant EyEs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So-Cal....
Posts: 1,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-hopsing View Post
A living room, kitchen, WiFi to watch Live RC , and a two minute walk back to the POOL and A/C if its a 110 degrees like last year!

And this big asian dude to rob the fridge and slap his ole' lady around......
__________________
-Jayson Pang-

Kyosho America - Peak Racing - KO Propo - AKA - DE Racing - Diggity Designs - Speedtech R/C - Team Slant EyEs
Slant EyEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:26 PM   #33
Tech Elite
 
nc-hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slant EyEs View Post
And this big asian dude to rob the fridge and slap his ole' lady around......
..........
__________________
Steve Butts

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:04 AM   #34
Tech Elite
 
STEALTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Manila & California
Posts: 3,019
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Damn! Really wish I could make it down there....
STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Socal
Posts: 887
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Wow, my budget for three nights is 225.00, it's only a 30 min drive away. Stay away from motel 6 near the track, it has very bad reviews. Just a little less than a 1 gallon to the track.
desertraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:09 PM   #36
Tech Elite
 
nc-hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertraton View Post
Wow, my budget for three nights is 225.00, it's only a 30 min drive away. Stay away from motel 6 near the track, it has very bad reviews. Just a little less than a 1 gallon to the track.
I hate that Motel 6! Last year we had a crack head hanging around the whole weekend...always outside, sitting on the staircase in the way of people walking. He even asked us if we needed help carrying our stuff inside our room...and we were in the door way already!
__________________
Steve Butts

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:09 PM   #37
Tech Master
 
Orange's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertraton View Post
Wow, my budget for three nights is 225.00, it's only a 30 min drive away. Stay away from motel 6 near the track, it has very bad reviews. Just a little less than a 1 gallon to the track.
Before I lived here, when I came out for the Cactus I stayed at that Motel 6 many times. Its not terrible, but is bad. I probably would not stay there now. I would try to stay somewhere north of SRS, not south. The Motel 6 by Chandler Fashion Square would probably be better. There is also a Days Inn close to the airport on McDowell.

I will try and get some info on Hotels on here.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:30 PM   #38
Tech Master
 
JoshR 85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Franklin
Posts: 1,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-hopsing View Post
I hate that Motel 6! Last year we had a crack head hanging around the whole weekend...always outside, sitting on the staircase in the way of people walking. He even asked us if we needed help carrying our stuff inside our room...and we were in the door way already!
haha lmao!!! and i bet if you would have let him he would have wanted a tip...
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #39
Tech Elite
 
nc-hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshR 85 View Post
haha lmao!!! and i bet if you would have let him he would have wanted a tip...
You're probably right! I think him and his family were all living in a room a couple doors down . There were at least 5 of them in there.
__________________
Steve Butts

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #40
Tech Master
 
Orange's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,277
Default

This is the better Motel 6:

6848 E. Camelback Rd.
480-946-2280
Around $70 per night
Close to Scottsdale Fashion Square (In Phoenix metro we don't call them Malls for some reason, LOL)

Hospitality Suites Resort (Across the street from crappy motel 6)
409 N. Scottsdale Rd.
800-617-8496
Hotels.com Avg low per night: $105

Best Western Papago Inn
7017 E. McDowell Rd.
800-804-6835
Close to airport
Hotels.com avg low per night $130

Should probably book hotels. Baseball spring training starts around the same time as Cactus and hotels are filling.

There is two reasons why hotels will not talk to us for special room rates, one is the spring training thing and the other is that is a hot tourist time of year. They do not need us basically. We have tried just so you know.

Hope this helps,
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:21 PM   #41
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-hopsing View Post
I hate that Motel 6! Last year we had a crack head hanging around the whole weekend...always outside, sitting on the staircase in the way of people walking. He even asked us if we needed help carrying our stuff inside our room...and we were in the door way already!
i think he was the one who tried to break into the boices room that weekend.
__________________
Kyosho / Team Orion / AKA / JTP / Sharkbait Designworks / RC Tracks of Las Vegas
Chris Jarosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #42
Tech Master
 
JoshR 85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Franklin
Posts: 1,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
This is the better Motel 6:

6848 E. Camelback Rd.
480-946-2280
Around $70 per night
Close to Scottsdale Fashion Square (In Phoenix metro we don't call them Malls for some reason, LOL)

Hospitality Suites Resort (Across the street from crappy motel 6)
409 N. Scottsdale Rd.
800-617-8496
Hotels.com Avg low per night: $105

Best Western Papago Inn
7017 E. McDowell Rd.
800-804-6835
Close to airport
Hotels.com avg low per night $130

Should probably book hotels. Baseball spring training starts around the same time as Cactus and hotels are filling.

There is two reasons why hotels will not talk to us for special room rates, one is the spring training thing and the other is that is a hot tourist time of year. They do not need us basically. We have tried just so you know.

Hope this helps,

i think those prices are actually fairley cheap considering where you're located
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #43
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,759
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

With the rules being ROAR spec 19T will the CP Money motor be allowed? It is not on the ROAR approved list?
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 3.0 (laydown), TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #44
Tech Master
 
Orange's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshR 85 View Post
i think those prices are actually fairley cheap considering where you're located
Yeah, not bad.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #45
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
With the rules being ROAR spec 19T will the CP Money motor be allowed? It is not on the ROAR approved list?
ROAR Specs and ROAR Approved are two different things.

But, answer is yes.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cactus classic BSS07 Electric Off-Road 6 07-18-2008 02:56 AM
Cactus Classic Jon Carlson Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing 2 02-28-2003 01:34 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:44 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net