R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-15-2003, 06:24 PM   #1
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default xxxnt setup help

I need some setup help, I race on a somewhat hardpacked surface with alot of dust on top of it, track is kind of bumby and tight. I raced yesterday and the truck wad so loose it was crazy. My current setup is stock adam drake except yellow springs in the rear and 30 wt oil all around with bowtie rears and edges up front. for engine Im running a mt 12 with a rotary carb ans stock clutch. It was so bad that a electic stock truck seemed twice as fast as my nt
Old 06-15-2003, 07:22 PM   #2
Taz
Tech Rookie

I run orange springs front and rear- sounds like similar style tracks. My truck tended to push into the turns- to offset that i put a small amount of drag brake, as you come off the throtal it drops the front into the turn this with the orange springs and the car ran great.. I tq'd and won the A-main.. The only other thing to check is to make sure the shocks are set right. I have the suspension set so as the front and rear a-arms are straight across. Hope this helps.
John
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 08:04 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Yes my truck defintley has a push off throttle and on. It is very frustrating to have a truck that pushs in every turn and is so loose. I guess you could say the track surface is somewhat like ball field mix. I have my ride height set at front arms level and rear bones just below level
Old 06-17-2003, 04:40 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Run your rear arms level and put Adam's setup back on, it's really good at all the tracks I've been to.
SlobbaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 06:06 PM   #5
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

If the car pushes, put stiffer springs on the rear and softer on the front. That will make it so not as much weight transfers to the rear of the car in turns, you'll get more steering that way. Don't go too far with that though, or the rear end will be loose.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 06:10 PM   #6
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Also, if you like running soft springs, you could try limiting the travel of the front shocks by using shims inside the shock body.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote