R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-30-2007, 02:18 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

most of the guys i seen that dropped the b4 to get the k car...5 months later they have new b4s......
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #32
Tech Elite

The word battle should not even be included in the thread title. It is no battle. If you want a car you can win with, with great parts support, and a continuing tradition of promoting their racing cars, the B4 is the only way to go. Considering any other car is not productive unless you just have to be different.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
The word battle should not even be included in the thread title. It is no battle. If you want a car you can win with, with great parts support, and a continuing tradition of promoting their racing cars, the B4 is the only way to go. Considering any other car is not productive unless you just have to be different.
You are my hero.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:46 PM   #34
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Old 12-30-2007, 05:15 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 163 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenlife View Post
most of the guys i seen that dropped the b4 to get the k car...5 months later they have new b4s......
thats funnybut pretty true
pink_sleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

It's the opposite here. Used to be all B4's, now it's all RB5's.

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:02 PM   #37
Tech Elite

ran AE B4 most of you where born
and i will never again
but really i ran a B4 and i did not like it much.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:08 PM   #38
Tech Master

Setting aside all the "Keyboard Bullies" around here, no matter what anyone says, it is ultimately up to what you gut tells you. And don't feel that if you made a bad decision you can't just sell it and try out another manufacture. Heck, if I just wanted to be a punk, I would say Cox Scorpion all the way......

I think Mr. Howart is the only one around here that may have raced one like I did in the 80's. Can you say the worlds at Del Mar in '84..... Associated prototype kicked the crap out of all us. And who was driving it? I will let you guys chime in on that one.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, its the car that make you feel the most confident and comfortable regardless who makes it and who's driving it. It might take a few tries, but if you keep at it, you will find the right car that suits your driving style.

My .02 cents.........

Kyosho America - Peak Racing - KO Propo - AKA - DE Racing - Diggity Designs - Speedtech R/C - Team Slant EyEs
Slant EyEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:36 PM   #39
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run an X-6 and love it.But really as it has been said,you would probably be better off sticking with the Losi because of costs.I say drive what you feel comfortable with and drive it hard!!!!!
PHIL700XCSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:29 PM   #40
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I think Mr. Howart is the only one around here that may have raced one like I did in the 80's. Can you say the worlds at Del Mar in '84..... Associated prototype kicked the crap out of all us. And who was driving it? I will let you guys chime in on that one.

Jay Halsey of course....I'm no pup

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, its the car that make you feel the most confident and comfortable regardless who makes it and who's driving it. It might take a few tries, but if you keep at it, you will find the right car that suits your driving style.

My .02 cents.........[/QUOTE]

Thats the best information to give anyone +1
Old 12-31-2007, 01:56 AM   #41
Tech Master

i was around racing when people still used to hop up tamiya super champs to keep up with cox scorpions. main cars though that i recall racing though in my area were frogs and grasshoppers
Old 12-31-2007, 02:02 AM   #42
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
It's the opposite here. Used to be all B4's, now it's all RB5's.
was starting to get that way. was all losi then some got b4's and started to beat the losi guys and when the losi guys got b4's alot of the AE went to kyosho only now they all seem back to the b4. there was one guy though that switched from a b4 to a cr and he isnt going to be switching. i think it boils down to the track and your driving style more than anything.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:35 AM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slant EyEs View Post
the car that make you feel the most confident and comfortable regardless who makes it and who's driving it. It might take a few tries, but if you keep at it, you will find the right car that suits your driving style.
I agree that this is the best advice offered. Now if buying a new RC was like buying a new car and you could test drive them all... wouldn't that be sweet.

So anyway, I'll put my $.02 in... At the track where I race; there are predominantly AE and Losi cars with 1 Academy and 1 Kyosho right now (although the ZX5 4WD is becomming popular and doing pretty well against a field of mostly AE B44's). Two of the fast guys in mod buggy (we only have mod for 2WD & 4WD buggy) both drive AE; the one guy could put tires on a brick and be fast. The AE cars look good on the track, but I personally have not run one since the black aluminum tub chassis (I also had a Tamiya Grasshopper, RC10 gold tub, Losi JRX2 & XX-CR... so I'm no spring chicken ). From what I have seen at this track, the Losi buggies seem to break more than the others (although the Losi trucks seem to be fine). The Academy buggy looks good; the young gun driving it does well and is certainly contending for the win every race and the buggy seems pretty reliable. The Kyosho looked pretty good on the track (first time out was Saturday), but the rear seemed a little loose (but like I said, it was the guys first run with it).

All that being said... tonight I just bought myself an Academy GV2 (to add to my SBV2, T4, RC8, ST-1 and T2R... man I gotta give this habbit up... "hello, my name is Tim and I have a problem" ).
slakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:12 AM   #44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post

Jay Halsey of course....I'm no pup

My .02 cents.........
Thats the best information to give anyone +1[/QUOTE]

Well I.m no pup either lol. I got stomped back in the day by Mr. Howart when he was still a young guy with a mullet. It is almost 20 years later but I still can think back to one of the most amazing races I ever saw it was Rick, and Cliff Lett battling it out at RCHR in Costa Mesa before a big Reedy race. I will always remember Rick as being a great guy, he once gave me a new armature for my Peak Animal I was running when I smoked it. I didn't even ask he was just pitted a few pits away and noticed it when it happen.

I decided to go with the B4 after asking some guys that I trusted to tell me their honest opinions around my local track. I been out of the hobby for so long I am having to relearn everything. The spare parts issue of running both Losi and Associated is not that big of a deal to me. I don't mind stocking up on both. Thanks for the great input in this thread guys.
Mike Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:45 AM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I started racing in '85 with a Tamiya Hornet. I've driven pretty much everything but Losi (was brainwashed by A/E ). Again, it's not the car, it's the driver. A good driver can make anything work.

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote