R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-30-2007, 12:41 AM   #16
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew View Post
The slipper is not a copy of the one from the B44. The new slipper has the ability to adjust the torque splitting ability (kind of like a 1/8 scale center diff). I'm pretty sure the B44s slipper can't do that. The D4 is different than the B44 (or BJ4) in a lot of ways. Not any one thing that is really different (except the front shock tower is behind the front shocks ), but enough small differences, to make them totally different cars. I actually just bought a D4, and I'm hoping that it is as good of a car as it looks like.

You'll love it....and if you need a setup for Cap,my buddy and I have a really good setup for that track for the D4.Very fast.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:54 AM   #17
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah, the D4 seems to have all the features that I want in a replacement for my XX4, which really doesn't need replacing yet (it's actually probably one of the trickest cars at the track, just ask any of the Cap City guys over on the Nor*Cal thread) but I know parts are gonna dry up eventually, so it will be nice to make a smooth transition to a new car. Hopefully very soon you will see another D4 at the front of the pack (I'm in the military and deployed right now, but I'll be coming home soon). How close to the stock setup is yours? I run Jesse Robbers non-CR rear end setup on my XX4 and the car is unbelievable, really easy to drive fast, yet very responsive. The only deviation from his setup I have done is running 0 degree rear pivot blocks. On my D4 I want to try the 2 degree ones (mainly because they don't have 0 degree blocks) once I start dialing my setup in. I don't know why but I don't like rear toe in. I don't like anti-squat either. I've got a few things that I want to change on my D4 (once it's together and running), mostly small flaws that have been pointed out by people on RC Tech, and a few other things I have noticed from looking at pictures and the instruction manual I downloaded. Oh and good luck to Jesse at Hot Bodies, hopefully once he gets his stuff running and dialed in, we will all benefit from his vast knowledge of toy cars.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #18
Suspended

Car is very fast right now with stock rear toe and a swaybar.My car has multiple changes from stock,but the stock setup is not a bad place to start.Good luck w/ your deployment and when you get back,the local D4 guys will already have made it the car to beat.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to D Hunt 3

Any official announcement since its the 1st of the year yet?

EDIT: Just answered my own question....here's Jesse's new sig...

Quote:
Hot Bodies, HPI, Novak Electronics, JR Propo, Lunsford, Skipgear.com, Planet R/C, Vinyl Graphics Unlimited, B-Mods Racing, CRCRC, King's R/C Raceway, Avid R/C, GMK Supply, & Pacific Coast Hobbies.

Last edited by D Hunt 3; 01-01-2008 at 01:03 PM.
D Hunt 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #20
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Ifyou: awful confident aren't you! Some of us on the boards know of you and your car. Nice car but there's alot more guys running wheeler these days... The XX4 is good.

The top guys at the classic this year were Yokomo, BJ4 we, B44, Yokomo.

The fastest laptime of the weekend was a Yokomo MR4bx, mine.

Look forward to racing when you get back...

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #21
Suspended

You know!And alot more guys is Northern Cali running WHEELER then just the Cap city locals...should be an interesting season this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Ifyou: awful confident aren't you! Some of us on the boards .know of you and your car. Nice car but there's alot more guys running wheeler these days...
Old 01-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #22
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm just excited to get home and start racing again. At last years Cap City Classic the fastest 4wd Mod lap times were in the 25.5-25.7 sec range. I was in the second set of qualifiers, and so the 1st 4wd Mod race was marshaling. Bobby Gately was out on the track and watching me (while marshaling) and he said that he watched me do a full lap to see how fast I was going and as he puts it I was "perfect" not a single bobble, every corner 1 inch off of the cone, every jump back sided perfectly. When I crossed the finish line, he was thinking to himself, "Wow that was a really good lap, I hope they say the time for it." Sure enough they did 24.1, everyone thought I cut the track or the computer messed up or something, the next lap was also a 24.1. So yeah I know how to drive, but this was also after taking a week off of work and going to the track all day every day for a full week. Here is the results of my second ever 1/8th scale race (the reason there were so many DNS's is because they stopped the race 3 minutes in because there weren't enough corner marshals, so when they went to restart the race some peoples cars wouldn't start because they were heat soaked). I enjoy a good race and more competition just means more fun. I hope that I don't sound cocky or arrogant, because thats not how I'm trying to be. I just can't wait to get back and mix it up with you guys, which if all goes according to plan could be as soon as next weekend (12th and 13th). Good Luck and have fun.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #23
Suspended

Talking I owe you an Ass Whippin!

Whats happening bro glad to see you coming back and yes i remember that asskicking lol.

And Congrats to jesse and hope he will be the guy to go to for answers about the "HOTBODIE" cars!
losidriver70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #24
Tech Master

Dude, we are gonna be soooooooooooooo dialed now.

Jesse I've got two words for you, Hoooooooooottttttttttttt Boddddddddddiiieeesss!!!!!!!!

P.S. I owe you a drink (or 5)...see you in Columbus.