R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-19-2003, 04:32 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Is yours different then the pictures on team orions site? Looking at the pics, it looks good!
CraigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 08:13 PM   #32
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Do you have a link to the pics on Orion's site?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 09:29 PM   #33
Tech Addict

T4 info
Old 06-19-2003, 10:19 PM   #34
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Dang... it looks like this truck is coming soon.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 10:20 PM   #35
Tech Regular

tony- why cant you show your trucks like the mgt and t4 (with no body) when there are pics on ae's web sight?
xxxtracer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 12:26 AM   #36
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Because the truck I have is still in the prototype stages. The pix you see are of the final truck, but the parts are not all done yet. They are in SLA form still.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 06:41 PM   #37
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Switch Blade

TPhalen....do you have any idea if a conversion will be out to make the older t3 into the t4, sort of like what team associated did where you could transform the b2 into the b3( awhile back) or could you not tell me till the car is in production? Also, would you think that many of the parts from the t4 would fit the t3? or could you not tell me that either right now?

Thank You
Old 06-29-2003, 11:49 PM   #38
Tech Addict

SwitchBlade-i dont think a conversion kit would be feasable. The b/t4 are so much different than previous model cars.

TonyP-took my b4 out friday to a track i havent raced at in three years, got maybe half a battery pack of practice,total on the car, and wound up placing third in the a-main....the car is a dream!! associated's best offering yet!!
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 07:16 AM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

From AE's site:

Quote:
Will there be a kit to convert from T3 to T4?
No. The T4 is a completely different platform.
-RokleM
RokleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 01:14 PM   #40
Tech Master

Default T4

Hopefully it's not the flimsy piece of crap that the B4 is.

Be sure to checkout "Come Drive With Us!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTEAMGUY
CoryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 03:33 PM   #41
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to speedydave Send a message via Yahoo to speedydave

Elaborate.
speedydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:03 PM   #42
Tech Master

Default Elaboration

I just attended a leg of the Western Canadian Champ Series and I was shocked to discover that a number of the racers were having a lot of breakage with the B4. I was also shocked to see epoxy in the corners of their chassis. Apparently, either through an FAQ or an addendum to the instructions, these people were instructed to put epoxy on the chassis to prevent it from breaking. A number of the less skilled drivers ended up going through several shock towers (mostly the front, but one guy took out his rear tower), spindles were breaking, spindle carriers were also among the casualties. Granted, some of these drivers were not the best, but even the best of drivers will take a spill every now and again. In that event, I'd want a car that will hold together. I'm sure the truck will be more sturdy after all, it does have a larger body protecting the critical front shock tower.

I know I'm gonna get yelled at for this, but AE should have copied Losi's design of the shock tower. The XXX shock tower is so far back that it is just slightly over an inch long. It's a tiny tower that is virtually indestructable. Seeing as how AE copied the design of the XXX so much, I'm not sure why they didn't just keep going when it came down to designing the front shock tower. Maybe losi will offer a conversion for the B4's??? Let the yelling comence

Incidentally a B3 won three consecutive races in the series. dominating the field completely.

Be sure to checkout "Come Drive With Us!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTEAMGUY
CoryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 11:51 PM   #43
Tech Addict

Cory-what happened to YOUR b4??? do you even have one? if not then you shouldn't be complaining. I just switched back to Associated after driving Losi's for four years and i think it's a very tough car. While on the grid at club racing friday i was turning my car around to line it up better when a buggy came full speed down the front straight away hitting my b4 directly in the front end,NO BREAKAGE!!!! settle down bro before you pop blow your top. mayby those guys AREN'T good drivers...?hmmmmm.....
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 12:43 AM   #44
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

CoryD: First of all, we didn't 'copy' the XXX car, as you say we did. Second, if you think we did, then I guess we are copying a copy of our car, the original RC10. You have to remember something....there's not much you can do to change a design without going DRAMATICALLY different!!!! We could put the motor in front of the rear shock tower....we could have layed the shocks down (similar to F1 cars)....we could have even made it front wheel drive!!!! Why didn't we??? Because that stuff DOESN'T WORK!!! So, what do we do. We take our current offering (the B3), check to see what everyone else is doing, and try to make something that is similar to what we have, but better than what they have.

I've heard SO much that the B4 is a copy of the XXX. Oh, the plastic chassis...ya, that's it. No, wait, 2 shocks per tower! It's just ridiculous.

I know you have your opinion, and I can respect the fact that you came on here and said your peace....kudos to you. But I like to think of this place as a constructive forum....an area that, if you have a problem, let us know. We'll look into it.

The chassis problem is now fixed....future chassis' will be available with the problem areas fixed. As far as the shock towers...well, that's just a part that has to break. Sorry. SOMETHING has to give, and if you're landing upside down (alot), some tuning might be in order to help the car jump correctly.

And, for the record, Team Associated HAS NOT PUT ANY APPENDUM IN THE MANUAL STATING THAT YOU SHOULD EPOXY THE CHASSIS TO MAKE IT STRONGER. How do I know that???? I wrote the manual!!!! So please, CoryD, lets keep the facts here only, please.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 01:06 AM   #45
Tech Addict

Actually doesnt the B4 mimmick the Stealth car of 91'