Wiki Posts
Search

between the T4 and Stampede

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default between the T4 and Stampede

Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some suggestions, I bought a FT T4 for Christmas with a mamba 5700 lipo set-up, all still in the box, now I am having second thoughts....I am just getting the truck for bashing, no racing and I am thinking that maybe I should have gotten a Traxass Stampede instead. I dont want to be getting stuck all the time and I am thinking that maybe the T4 does not have enough clearance. I live in the desert and will be running a combination of sand and road conditions. Runniing on the road for speed trails. I would like to get something that is good for both. I was looking at the T4 because it would not wheelie as much and I figured it was a all around better product. BUt the more I read maybe the traxass would be better for all around bashing. Confused and looking for any suggestions....should I keep the FT T4 that I already have or return for a Traxxas Stampede or Rustler. Please Help.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

harden up the suspension and you'll get more clearance. in those conditions the stampede would tip all the time. it would be no fun
Old 12-18-2007, 06:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't know much about a T-4 but I do know a little about brushless in a Traxxas. The Stampede with a Mamba 5700 tips over alot. A Rustler works well as a basher with brushless. With the right tires it works well as an all around basher (Dirt, grass, sand etc) But wheely it will with brushless. Anything will do wheelies with brushless I believe.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

well the pede is a great basher. the rustler is even better. send the race truck back and get a rustler. itll do you great for bashing. put some moabs or somethign on it and run that mofo like no other. and itll flip over backwards if your not careful with that motor
Old 12-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The t4 is leaps and bounds better than a traxxas especially when it comes to putting power down. Stick with what you have, plus if you ever decide to race you have a raceable platform.

The only vehicle I would recommend over the t4 would be something like an emaxx or esavage.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I would stick with the T4. You can put taller tires on it if you need a little more gound clearance. Just make sure you re gear it for the taller tires.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I know it is totally a different realm of trucks, but the REVO is in incredible all around truck for bashing, speed trials, and it does well on the track too.

Just my .o2
Old 12-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Im really considering the Pede, is there any way to stop the wheelies or at least make it less wheelie prone? Thats the only thing I dont like about the set-up, Im going to be running alot of power and i dont want it continuosly in the air..
Old 12-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You can put a wheelie bar on it. Check out Swami's site. Also check ou the ultimate traxxas site. I personally think a Rustler is a better basher.The T4 may be just fine with bigger tires like someone else stated. I don't know much about them but they have a fine reputation.
Good luck!
Old 12-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Strictly speaking. The t-4 is a race vehicle, the stampede is not. For your speed trials and drive ability the t-4 would be better, but for durability the stampede or rustler would be better. As much as it pains me to say it, if you are just going to bash you should probably not get the t-4. You will experience less broken parts and retain interest longer, thus possibly one day decide to race and get the t-4.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I watched a 5 year old race a t4 all summer long with only a few broken parts. An RPM bumper and a few select GT2 parts as the t4 parts break and you will be good to go. The traxxas vehicles are good though too as long as they include a slipper now which I think they do
Old 12-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The Stampede is a horrible basher if you run more than stock power in it. You will continuously be walking over to flip it back onto its wheels since the CG is so high. And I've seen way more broken Stampede and Rustler parts from bashing than T4's.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Im starting to think I might keep what I got, the FT T4, if I want to raise it up a bit the mashers or moabs should do the trick. I was just thinking that I could return the Mamba 57k and T4 to get a VXL and still have cash left over for upgrades/batteries ect. I just wanted a quality vehicle to have fun with and bash about, but I am sure that you guys can see from the posts to this thread my delima. Both are Good vehicles, and especially if im not going to be racing the T4 its a hard call. WE do have a local track, its just that they dont hold races, i dunno why. Thank you all for all your considerate comments and helpfullness. lol, i should have done a survey for the two. keep the comments comming though and I will keep you posted either way. GREAT FORUM!!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul Whalen
Im starting to think I might keep what I got, the FT T4, if I want to raise it up a bit the mashers or moabs should do the trick. I was just thinking that I could return the Mamba 57k and T4 to get a VXL and still have cash left over for upgrades/batteries ect. I just wanted a quality vehicle to have fun with and bash about, but I am sure that you guys can see from the posts to this thread my delima. Both are Good vehicles, and especially if im not going to be racing the T4 its a hard call. WE do have a local track, its just that they dont hold races, i dunno why. Thank you all for all your considerate comments and helpfullness. lol, i should have done a survey for the two. keep the comments comming though and I will keep you posted either way. GREAT FORUM!!

keep the mamba, its a much better system. once you get better you can even program the ESC to suit your driving style. the T4 is definatley the one for you, beleive me, see if you can drive someone elses MT, even if it's nitro. they have serious stability problems, especially sideways. and the plume of dust from the back of an ST at full throttle looks SO cool!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

i completely disagree with that statement. the vxl is an amazing system. though not as tunable, it is still amazingly smooth and tons of power. but you have the mamba already, so keep it. only problem with the VXL is its size. its too big. the mamba will fit nice in the chassis, the vxl wont...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.